Coldplay Announce New Album Tracks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually enjoying listening to The Hardest Part. What the hell is going on?

LemonMacPhisto said:
I'm actually enjoying listening to The Hardest Part. What the hell is going on?

i'm one of the few in this world that actually liked X&Y. i thought it was a good album. you just gotta take Coldplay for what they're worth. they're not a Radiohead. They're not Indie.

mikal said:

i'm one of the few in this world that actually liked X&Y. i thought it was a good album. you just gotta take Coldplay for what they're worth. they're not a Radiohead. They're not Indie.

Okay?

I was a fairly big fan of theirs going into that album and was extremely disappointed. Plus, I find the band's stance to be pretty insufferable. Like I said before, I want to like this album, but it's got some stuff going against it.

mikal said:

I think some of it is really good, some of it could have been better with certain B-sides instead. But it gets shit on way too much around here.

I'm tryin' to make a solid 12-song X&Y list right now. Disappointments always reek more than flat out terrible music, to me at least. That's why this album has such a bitter stigma attached to it.

A solid 12 song X&Y is fairly simple with the killer B-sides from those sessions. It's just a matter of which ones going where, and in place of what. Everyone will have their own version, but each one of those versions will be superior to the original.

phanan said:
A solid 12 song X&Y is fairly simple with the killer B-sides from those sessions. It's just a matter of which ones going where, and in place of what. Everyone will have their own version, but each one of those versions will be superior to the original.

The key thing for these fantasy X&Y's is to create something that seems visionary or directed towards a a particular sound or mood, and that's where the real X&Y failed....I personally can't see how The Hardest Part can follow Low in a tracklisting. Just seems severely out of whack.

...but I hate knocking X&Y because it is a fine album...

Listened to Viva La Vida (sonG) for the first couple of times, quite a delight.

Also, Q magazine I think it was published a review of each individual track if folk are interested. Life In Technicolour will be an instrumental, while 42 is supposedly "epic".

heh.. i love X&Y , it is undoubtedly my fav Coldplay!

so i can't wait for the new songs.. Martin says it will be more experimental :O

There are two versions of the VH music video up on Coldplay.com...

They are both on the main page, the "funny" version can be viewed by pressing the star on the lower left hand corner.

The second one (which I find much more interesting and gives the song a more serious tone imo) is the cross-like symbol on the upper right hand corner.

I had the misfortune of reading another one of your lame Coldplay posts.

For a moment, I thought you were talking to me. Then I saw that laz was here. :wink:

The song itself is one of the better things Coldplay have come up with in recent years. I think it's much better than Violet Hill.

EDIT: Ah, I just saw your edit, phanan. :kiss:

Hey, she's the one who called Martin a twat!

It was hard for me to even hear the music because I wanted to reach into the TV and beat him with a lead pipe. How can anyone watch him move and think he's cool? He's like some dork's idea of what a cool lead singer is supposed to look and act like.

Was he not even wearing a shirt under that jacket? Christ.

For a moment, I thought you were talking to me. Then I saw that laz was here. :wink:

The song itself is one of the better things Coldplay have come up with in recent years. I think it's much better than Violet Hill.

EDIT: Ah, I just saw your edit, phanan. :kiss:

Definitely... the only new song I hate is Violet Hill, so that's good I guess, right?

But the hand motions reek of Bono... Okay, he wasn't the first person to move his arm, but you know what I mean.

It was hard for me to even hear the music because I wanted to reach into the TV and beat him with a lead pipe. How can anyone watch him move and think he's cool? He's like some dork's idea of what a cool lead singer is supposed to look and act like.

Not to mention the cheesy costume. CHRIS, YOU ARE NOT PULLING OFF THE WHOLE FRENCH REVOLUTIONARY THING. Just drop it already.

But the hand motions reek of Bono... Okay, he wasn't the first person to move his arm, but you know what I mean.

I dunno, look at the Saturday Night Fever thing he's got going on at 0:21. I don't think Bono's ever been quite as embarrassing as that (though, admittedly, the Vertigo Tour cat imitations come close.)

I can't even watch that part of the dvd, I have to look away. :cringe:

Yeah. I'd like to know what drugs he was taking when he decided that licking his hand and preening himself in front 20,000 people would be a good thing.

I dunno, look at the Saturday Night Fever thing he's got going on at 0:21. I don't think Bono's ever been quite as embarrassing as that (though, admittedly, the Vertigo Tour cat imitations come close.)

Yeah, that's almost as bad.

I don't know though. With all of the aping Bono may do onstage, I always got the feeling it was sincere. While Martin's moves come off as contrived and derivative. Compare Bono at Live Aid to Chris Martin at the Grammy's a few years back.

One's a tender moment with an audience member, the other is a white guy with a fro hopping around a venue like a flying monkey. You tell me who does what.

While Martin's moves come off as contrived and derivative.

Ever seen Gavin Friday performing? :wink: Bono picked up a thing or two from him...

Unrelated, but there are presently 102 people active in PLEBA and only 17 people active in here. This saddens me. Immensely.

Yeah, all embarrassing Chris Paltrow dancing and gestures aside, I really do like the song Viva La Vida so I'm glad they chose that as the one to be featured in the commercial. I've been spinning it a lot....it's the only other one I've really heard other than Violet Hill and A Spell A Rebel Yell. Nice little song.

Yeah. I'd like to know what drugs he was taking when he decided that licking his hand and preening himself in front 20,000 people would be a good thing.

Oh, I'm far from a Bono basher. Tired of the way he drones on and on during the One speeches? Yup, but no one forced me to go to as many shows as I did, or to download all the boots. Does he do really cheesy things from time to time? Yeah, but I cut him some slack because I think that overall, his intentions are good. But the cat thing? I just can't abide that. When I see that, I'm embarrassed for him.

I don't know though. With all of the aping Bono may do onstage, I always got the feeling it was sincere. While Martin's moves come off as contrived and derivative. Compare Bono at Live Aid to Chris Martin at the Grammy's a few years back.

One's a tender moment with an audience member, the other is a white guy with a fro hopping around a venue like a flying monkey. You tell me who does what.

I know exactly what you mean, and I agree. :up: There's a level of sincerity that Bono has that Martin is lacking.

Ever seen Gavin Friday performing? :wink: Bono picked up a thing or two from him...

Unrelated, but there are presently 102 people active in PLEBA and only 17 people active in here. This saddens me. Immensely.

He's smart though, he borrows moves from a less popular guy. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom