Coldplay Announce New Album Tracks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
rjhbonovox said:

Nah just haven't bothered posting for a while. Still been popping in and checking for any new info. Shouldn't mention this but I find myself listening to HTDAAB more than I used to after critising it a lot in the past.

:lmao:

Shouldn't mention this but I find myself disliking HTDAAB more than I used to after defending it a lot in the past!

Brau I didn't mind at all... he had a few real good threads, like one called "I like U2's songs" I think. I assume Radiohead fans weren't his best mates?

Wow, that sounds totally different to anything they've done.

Too bad it's only the B-side. Makes me wonder if they kept the more experimental stuff off the album, which would be unfortunate.

That's because . m p 3 is not allowed here. Try this:

htt p://norn-meeting .creaturesforum.de/Odd_Zealot/ Coldplay/Songs/Coldplay%20-%20A%20 Spell%20A%20Rebel%20Yell% 20rip.mp 3

Remove the spaces.

impy13 said:
That's because . m p 3 is not allowed here. Try this:

htt p://norn-meeting .creaturesforum.de/Odd_Zealot/ Coldplay/Songs/Coldplay%20-%20A%20 Spell%20A%20Rebel%20Yell% 20rip.mp 3

Remove the spaces.

It said I needed authorization to view. Did I do something wrong?:scratch:

elevated_u2_fan said:

man... this is gonna piss of the U2 fans :wink:

I didn't know there were any here.

Wait for it.....

OhSnap-1.gif

Impy, you are awesome. Thanks.

It definitely reminds me of Mothers of the Disappeared. And I want to say there's a little bit of a Stone Roses melody hiding in there, too. And, yeah, you can sense Eno on this one more so than on Violet Hill.

But it's only 30 seconds, so what the fuck do I know? Nothing.

I really like it, though.

elevated_u2_fan said:

are you on the quaaludes again? I thought me, dad and Dr Phil talked to you about that... :tsk:

Phil's a fraud, I tell you!:mad: I saw him and Pat O'Brien in Compton last Saturday night picking up Colombian nose candy and hos'

So, yeah, A Spell A Rebel Yell is a total 80's U2 rip-off.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. :wink:

A Spell A Rebel Yell sounds very cool.....and very Stone Roses. The first half of the vocal reminded me instantly of I Am The Resurrection

"Down Down You Bring Me Down"
"Stone Me, Why Can't You See"

:| I cannot open the link no matter what I try. It keeps telling me the mp 3 file doesn't exist.

Anyway, I was on a trip for a couple of days now and listened to Violet Hill on my mp 3 walkman a lot. I must say I quite like the song, but it's nothing special. I'm starting to get bored with it. I like the guitars but there is something creepy about Chris Martin's falsetto voice.

And yeah, I noticed the banks and cathedrals the very first time I heard it, too, and thought immediatly about U2.

I haven't heard anything new from Coldplay apart from Violet Hill, but I must say if the album is like that, I'll be underwhelmed. I could listen to the new REM album constantly, I really love it and think it's one of their strongest. I'll see if the new Coldplay album will appeal to me a in a similar way.

It's sad that 30 seconds of a b-side (Rebel Yell) sound far more intriguing than all of Violet Hill. This is X&Y all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom