Coldplay Announce New Album Tracks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
impy13 said:
albumav1.jpg

I genuinely like that cover. It doesn't look like the cover of a Coldplay album, but no big deal.

Believe it or not, my mother is a big Coldplay fan (even enjoying X&Y :no: ), so she'll be ecstatic to hear the new single tomorrow. I'm ambivalent, but hopeful. As long as it's not another Clocks rewrite, I'll be pleased.

LemonMelon said:

As long as it's not another Clocks rewrite, I'll be pleased.

Well then I think it's safe to say that you will be pleased. I highly doubt that this song will be another Clocks-ish retread like Speed of Sound was.

Also, if my math is correct, Violet Hill will be available in a mere couple of hours from now. If I'm still awake when it finds it's way onto the internetz I will report back with my thoughts and a brief review!!!

Just heard Voilet Hill on radio 1 and the song is prety good and has a different coldplay vibe compared to the last few albums. But at the end of the song he does revert to the old coldplay sound for a few lines.

Yup, just heard it.

Big guitars. Heavier, at least, than anything these guys have done before.

Martin singing somethin about a 'cold and dark December' and some bullshit about unrequited love even though he's banging a gorgeous Oscar-winning actress.

I think he said something about 'banks and cathedrals' which I'm pretty sure Bono has used before...blah blah blah...

I liked it.

I need a cigarette. Goodnight.

phanan said:
Hopefully it'll be online soon.

I find it hilarious at how many people hate this band here, yet are still coming into this thread showing interest.

I love this band and I'm here :wink:

and you can download it here

htxp://rapid share .com/files/111247499/coldplay_violethill.zip.html

or at their myspace

http://www.myspace.com/coldplay

I was expecting a radical change in sound..you know hoping coldplay went "Kid A" on us..:wink:

but I don't think its that different from what they've done before.

song is good though :up:

GirlsAloudFan said:
I think he said something about 'banks and cathedrals' which I'm pretty sure Bono has used before...blah blah blah...

This is what it sounds like:

"It was a cold and dark December when the banks became cathedrals..."

:shrug:

I also don't know what to think of it yet.

It's not radically different, no, but it's not exactly the same, either. I agree about the guitars - they are much more prominent here, even though you've still got the trademark piano.

I like this.

phanan said:
It's not radically different, no, but it's not exactly the same, either. I agree about the guitars - they are much more prominent here, even though you've still got the trademark piano.

I like this.

distorted guitars FTW :up:

anyway can't wait to listen to the entire album now :drool:

such a long wait :(

Thanks for the link. Gave it a second listen. I approve. And I'll probably give it some more spins throughout the day.

We might have a nice little album on our hands here, boys.

xavi, thanks a lot for the link! I like it, though it's nothing extrodinary or really different. I'm quite excited about the new album.

Not a huge Coldplay fan but think I'll listen to this tune when I get home tonight.

phanan said:
How did it lose its way, exactly?

Just curious.
The song failed to progress and reach the excitement of the opening few seconds. whats with that falsetto he tries and fails, i didnt like that. The guitar solo or whatever it tried to be seemed quite pointless.

Im not a coldplay hater, i dont have an opinion of the band before you start.

is it me or does Chris sound like he has a cold when he singing here. Like his is nose is stuffed up.. :wink:

I too, cannot get the official website to load completely..:huh:

Only heard it once through dodgy laptop sound. Sounded promising.....almost got an Oasis-vibe from the guitars.....and damn I love Martin's unfarily maligned vocal.....

Can't wait to chuck it on me Ipod and listen to it properly later on....

Will give a listen later, I hve not visited their website-

but I live in New York, and on the morning show there was a short announcement stating they are to give a free concert at Madison Square Garden on June 23rd.
No other details.:scratch: :shifty:
IF TRUE ..... :drool:

blm said:
Will give a listen later, I hve not visited their website-

but I live in New York, and on the morning show there was a short announcement stating they are to give a free concert at Madison Square Garden on June 23rd.
No other details.:scratch: :shifty:
IF TRUE ..... :drool:

it's definitely TRUE! On the site, it says to they will have details soon regarding this free show.

Yeah, I'm not really impressed. The "guitar solo" doesn't really fit with the song, and the chorus doesn't get as big as it should be... Hope there are some better songs on the album.

Just a question to the Mp3-ites here. Is the download from the website one of those "licenced" downloads, in the sense that you're only able to listen to the song for a week, before it self-destructs or disbales itself somehow?

U2Fanatic4ever said:
is it me or does Chris sound like he has a cold when he singing here. Like his is nose is stuffed up.. :wink:

Well, it was a long and dark December! :wink:

I have now listened to this song 20 consecutive times, and I can say I like it, although I concur that it's nothing revolutionary or groundbreaking.

ETA: Btw, the lyrics are less than exemplary, in my opinion, at least the opening stanza. "It was a long and dark December/from the rooftops I remember/there was snow, white snow...

And what other colour would snow be, Mr. Martin? Meh, maybe I'm just nitpicking. Still like the song, though!!

Last edited:
BonoManiac said:

Well, it was a long and dark December! :wink:

I have now listened to this song 20 consecutive times, and I can say I like it, although I concur that it's nothing revolutionary or groundbreaking.

ETA: Btw, the lyrics are less than exemplary, in my opinion, at least the opening stanza. "It was a long and dark December/from the rooftops I remember/there was snow, white snow...

And what other colour would snow be, Mr. Martin? Meh, maybe I'm just nitpicking. Still like the song, though!!

:giggle:
I agree with ya BoMac. Nothing groundbreaking here but a decent song. I hope for better on the rest of the album.

Anyone know about how long before the email from coldplay.com came with the free song download? I have tried it twice and there is nothing in my inbox or spam folder.:huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom