Coldplay album review mega-thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Talk is one of Coldplay's best.

If the band didn't have this kind of policy where the first single sounds most like their last album, then this should have been the first single.

But I feel Fix You will be the 2nd single...

TALK - A song that has everything I want from a song.

Swallowed in the Sea and Square One are best songs after Talk.

I liked about 3 songs on the CD. & Like is pushing it.
Of those 3, I know the title of only 1 (Speed of Sound).
Overated & overhyped...no band can match the pre released pr..(except U2 of course).

Sold my copy on eBay already.

Last edited:
rjhbonovox said:

Me too, all this fuc#ing talk about crap lyrics and blah blah woof woof, the music still sounds good to me. It beats the hell out of a lot of crap thats released these days and the supposedly up and coming bands such as Franz crappy Ferdinand, Kasabian, Razorlight, Snow Patrol and so on are crap compared to the latest Coldplay album.

Since we have succumbed to the terrible realm of reviewing an album based on anecdotal stories, I will share mine.

I don't know anyone who likes the single or what they have heard of the album. I know one girl who likes "Fix You", but only because she just had a baby and it makes her sentimental about the kid growing up.

From Tiny Mix Tapes:
aptly describes how I feel

" And for all those that don't get the worldwide popularity and adulation for such simple sounding and highly scripted music, you have to admit, if not Coldplay, someone else. It's a market niche. Coldplay is simply good business. They don't rock the boat from album to album, you know what you are going to get. Not great, a few catchy moments, certainly not god-awful, but just bland enough that after three listens, all life is drained from it, there is nothing new to find. I'd mention some songs, but they are really inconsequential. It's the new Coldplay record for fuck's sake; if you need a better description go to Sam Goody, I just make coffee."

http://www.tinymixtapes.com/musicreviews/c/coldplay.htm

caylan said:
I liked about 3 songs on the CD. & Like is pushing it.
Of those 3, I know the title of only 1 (Speed of Sound).
Overated & overhyped...no band can match the pre released pr..(except U2 of course).

Sold my copy on eBay already.

Then you have a piss poor taste in music hehehehe:wink:

Back
Top Bottom