coldplay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
there was thread here a couple of weeks ago about new coldplay songs that they performed live.
I think there were 5 songs with mp3 links.
I heard them.

surprisingly, there wasn't much of a fuss paid to them here.

JOFO said:

I didn't think they were good enough to comment on. :| Hopefully the album versions will be better...

I've got the KCRW five (Square One, White Shadows, A Message, What If, and Speed of Sound) but the quality is so bad that I'd recommend waiting for the record to come out in June.

Or you can wait until Monday to hear the studio version of Speed of Sound and that can hold you over until June.

I got that email the other day from coldplay.com about the ring tone. I didn't bother listening because I want to hear the full song. :wink:

:der: If I would have opened my email today I would have seen this:

[q]Listen to 'Speed Of Sound' this Monday!

'Speed of Sound' is the brand new single by Coldplay and it will make its worldwide radio debut on Monday 18th April at 9.20pm (GMT) on Radio1.

Immediately following this first play, we will be making the single available for you to listen to via the brand new ‘Coldplayer’. This is the latest tool from Coldplay.com that will allow all members to gain direct access to a host of new content straight from the band and the new album 'X&Y'.

Alongside all the new X&Y audio & video exclusives, the new Coldplayer will also give you access to backstage footage that the band will be filming and uploading directly to the player, plus a diary of events only available to members of Coldplay.com.

There will be two versions of the player. The first is web-based so you can visit it whenever you're online; the second is a direct desktop Coldplayer, which will be available soon.

Check out the new COLDPLAYER from Monday at http://www.coldplay.com/X&Y/

Also coming on Monday, the Coldplay digital download shop and the first ever official mobile shop will launch with a range of downloads, including the chance for you to buy the 'Speed Of Sound' single and ringtone. See www.coldplay.com from Monday night for more info.
[/q]

Last edited:
"...including the chance for you to buy the 'Speed Of Sound' single..."

Possibly an iTunes release on Monday, I'm presuming.

God, I love them.

JOFO said:

There's a significant amount of Coldplay threads on this board:

http://forum.interference.com/t115814.html

And I'm sure there has been more created since this time, if people bothered to check.

From what I gather, from reading British music forums, nobody has a good copy of any new Coldplay stuff & there's been no fuss anywhere else I go about the new album yet.

Lara Mullen said:

There's a significant amount of Coldplay threads on this board:

http://forum.interference.com/t115814.html

And I'm sure there has been more created since this time, if people bothered to check.

From what I gather, from reading British music forums, nobody has a good copy of any new Coldplay stuff & there's been no fuss anywhere else I go about the new album yet.

i heard a rumor that there was even a thread in this forum called the "band index". some person called "bonochick" painstakingly put it together to benefit the good people of 'just the bang and the clatter', and to cut down on multiple threads about the same subject. i even heard that this thread was stuck at the top of the page.

but as i said, it's just a rumor, and there doesn't really seem to be any proof that it actually exists.

:wink:

IWasBored said:

i heard a rumor that there was even a thread in this forum called the "band index". some person called "bonochick" painstakingly put it together to benefit the good people of 'just the bang and the clatter', and to cut down on multiple threads about the same subject. i even heard that this thread was stuck at the top of the page.

but as i said, it's just a rumor, and there doesn't really seem to be any proof that it actually exists.

:wink:

I bet that's just a rumour :mad:

It's not like anyone is sitting on anyone here and preventing them from posting threads, is it? If there's something you wanted to talk about like the new Coldplay album but thought that there wouldn't be "much fuss paid to them here", you could have just made the thread yourself. Whining isn't necessary. Post a topic or look in the band index to see the plethora of Coldplay threads already. Simple. :|

That version of Talk, while very good, is not the version that will be on the album. Rumor has it Chris and Co. completely revamped the track.

inmyplace13 said:
That version of Talk, while very good, is not the version that will be on the album. Rumor has it Chris and Co. completely revamped the track.

Interesting...............:hmm: :hmm: I would love to hear (ASAP, or not). Did they eliminate the Kraftwerk riff from the album version or something???

Thanks very much 'Down Under' for sending! Just thought I'd rub it in the faces of those who just downloaded without a word of thanks. HA.

As far as the Kraftwerk gift goes, I'm sure it's still in there. Everything I've read is that Talk was going to be a B-side due to the fact that it leaked, but now it's back on the album because they've retooled it. It might sound completely different, it might sound no different at all. I'm just relaying what I read.

If it is changed somewhat, then the leaked version will be a nice little "collector's item."

I have made it my mission to send 'Talk' to as many of my friends as possible right now in case it changes, therefore giving me another subject of conversation in the future with my mutual coldplay-mega fan at school.........:eyebrow: :wink:

Blahblahblah, if i'm not wrong, in the other now closed thread of speed of sound you sent the song (SOS) to someone...

can you send it to me??? azor@u2email.com

Thank's!

Anyone heard Speed of Sound on the radio yet? I missed it and I'm quite disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom