coldplay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I am bumping this thread. Could not decided which one of the 32 ones in the B&C band listening to bump, so this one will do.

Anyway, Coldplay played Atlanta last night and played a fantastic show to a sold out arena. I did not see any empty seats at all. The highlight of the show was when Michael Stipe came out on stage to sing Night Swimming. So for those who are interested, Chris Martin "took over" a local radio station here today. Here is his playlist from his iPod.

[q]Playlist

Beatles -"A Hard Days Night "
Beatles - "Tomorrow Never Knows"
REM - "Shiny Happy People"
Bruce Springsteen - "Hungry Heart"
Radiohead - "Idioteque"
50 Cent - "Outta Control"
Arcade Fire - "Neighborhood #4"
Missy Elliott - "Work It"
Elton John - "Nikita"
U2 - "Beautiful Day"
Beatles - "A Day In The Life"

[/q]
The interview can be found here:
http://www.99x.com

that make trade fair stuff is beyond lame. i don't care how important it is, it's become a fashion ob7ect that is grotesquely overused.

we get it. make trade fair.

i'll get right on that, chris. :up:

anyway, i'm glad you had a good time, mvd.

fix you is a pretty good song, i've realized. nothing huge, but it's not bad. :up:

he likes 50 Cent??? :eyebrow:

[what a turn-off]

true story I had tickets to see Coldplay in NJ, but chose not to go (don't ask why... looooong story)

Yeah, I'm sure I'll get over it in like 5 days.

I thought they were surprisingly good. I would listen to them more. A bit....familiar sounding; can't put my finger on it, but not bad. :up:

Zoomerang96 said:
that make trade fair stuff is beyond lame. i don't care how important it is, it's become a fashion ob7ect that is grotesquely overused.

we get it. make trade fair.

i'll get right on that, chris. :up:

It's like all these wristbands. Some people think it's "cool" to wear wristbands and just use them as fashion accessories. I honestly know someone who wears the LIVESTRONG wristband when he's wearing yellow t-shirts and the Make Poverty History wristband when he's wearing white t-shirts. He doesn't care about the campaigns at all. Asswipe. He's probably a Coldplay fan.

hippy said:
His hand is probably permanently ink stained with the logo now :lol:

i really thought it was a tattoo. i was sorta sad to hear he just draws it on every day.
where is the commitment chris?
but i do like coldplay and i think chris is a cool guy. i saw them live earlier this summer and i thought they kicked ass.

Did anybody else think it was weird when Chris took his colored finger bandages/wrappie things and threw them into the audience at the end of the show? I don't care who was up there on stage, I thought that was just :yuck:

I thought Rilo Kiley were pretty good. They kind of reminded me of a peppier Sundays, maybe.

I listened to the radio thing this afternoon and he seemed like a funny guy despite his choice of Nikita in the playlist. He's not a very gifted DJ. I'll make sure I tell him that if I see him sometime in the next week. :wink:

The guy next to me caught one of Chris' finger bands a week ago...

I would have appreciated it more :mad:

But oh, to catch a Will Champion drumstick

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

I wonder what the pictures were on the cameras that they tossed out to the fans. :hmm:

They'll normally come right up and take a picture of who they intend to give the camera to, and Chris came right down about Miss imp13 and I and took ours. Very sure I was going to get a camera then, but it turns out Mr. Martin had other plans.

I've seen some of the disposables developed pictures. It's mostly backstage nonsense. More often than not it's Jonny and/or Will goofing off.

Back
Top Bottom