Coke to launch coffee-infused Coke Blak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Girl1978

Blue Crack Addict
Talk about being extremely wired! :yikes:

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Coca-Cola Co. (NYSE:KO - news), the world's No. 1 soft drink company, on Wednesday said it will launch a coffee-infused soft drink called Coca-Cola Blak in various markets around the world in 2006.

The news of the launch came hours before Coke Chief Executive Neville Isdell was scheduled to address financial analysts and investors in New York.

The new drink, a combination of Coca-Cola Classic and coffee extracts, will be first launched in France in January before being rolled out in the United States and other markets during 2006.

A Coke spokesperson said Coca-Cola Blak will be a mid-calorie drink, similar to Coca-Cola C2, which was launched in April 2004 and contains half the sugar, calories and carbohydrates of regular colas. The formula for the new beverage is expected to vary based on local tastes.

Analysts have said one of the keys to the company's future is capturing more consumers who have moved away from sugary soft drinks to diet versions, or to healthier low- or no-calorie beverages.

I wonder what that will taste like? A combo of coke and coffee infusion.....I like coke and I like coffee...but the two mixed? Hmmmm, and there are already so many energy and caffeine-induced energy drinks on the market. Do we really need another one? No less one that WILL discolor your teeth? :scratch: :shifty:

U2democrat said:
:yuck:

I don't like coffee.

Dr. Pepper on the other hand...........:hyper::crack::hyper:

I like coffee, but not too much of it. And I like the flavored creamers in it.

Dr Pepper.....Mmmmmmm, but I prefer Diet Dr Pepper, it's not so sweet :drool:

I remember the Pepsi Blue.....that was a bomb. The clear Pepsi just didn't taste the same....and I would try a new drink just to try it, never know.....might like it! :wink:

I actually liked clear pepsi and pepsi blue... and almost every variation on colas, though I tend to prefer the original. This, however, looks promising.

I love Pepsi. I love Pepsi caffeine free especially and could drink it by the gallon I swear! Pepsi lime is also quite good. Especially coupled with a bit of Captain Morgan :wink:

Okay, I take one thing back. Any soda+lime= :barf:

Though diet coke lime was okay the first few times. Lemon is for more suitable.

I love a slice of real lemon or lime in my Coke, but those preflavored ones have the nastiest chemical aftertaste.

Coffee cola...eh. I'll stick with my two double espressos every morning.

Carek1230 said:

I like coffee, but not too much of it. And I like the flavored creamers in it.

Dr Pepper.....Mmmmmmm, but I prefer Diet Dr Pepper, it's not so sweet :drool:

I remember the Pepsi Blue.....that was a bomb. The clear Pepsi just didn't taste the same....and I would try a new drink just to try it, never know.....might like it! :wink:

I remember the Pepsi Blue. I practically overdosed on that stuff. :drool: It got to be too much after awhile though. I did try the Coke Zero and that was hideous. I think the lime one is disgusting too. :crack:

U2Girl1978 said:
Talk about being extremely wired! :yikes:

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Coca-Cola Co. (NYSE:KO - news), the world's No. 1 soft drink company, on Wednesday said it will launch a coffee-infused soft drink called Coca-Cola Blak in various markets around the world in 2006.

The news of the launch came hours before Coke Chief Executive Neville Isdell was scheduled to address financial analysts and investors in New York.

The new drink, a combination of Coca-Cola Classic and coffee extracts, will be first launched in France in January before being rolled out in the United States and other markets during 2006.

A Coke spokesperson said Coca-Cola Blak will be a mid-calorie drink, similar to Coca-Cola C2, which was launched in April 2004 and contains half the sugar, calories and carbohydrates of regular colas. The formula for the new beverage is expected to vary based on local tastes.

Analysts have said one of the keys to the company's future is capturing more consumers who have moved away from sugary soft drinks to diet versions, or to healthier low- or no-calorie beverages.
They're phasing out VANILLA COKE for this bullshit? :(

U2Girl1978 said:

I remember the Pepsi Blue. I practically overdosed on that stuff. :drool: It got to be too much after awhile though.

Yeah... but it was like a liquid lollypop, and i really didn't mind the aftertaste. *weird*

I definitely tried it, and it was rather :sick: but strangely addicting. I had it when it was kinda warm though (like room temperature) so I think it may be better if it was chilled.

I couldn't stop drinking it, because I bought it, but finally I found my sicko friend who's obsessed with the stuff and he took it for me

A guy I work with had some the other day. He seemed to enjoy it...he didn't throw up or anything.

I though Pepsi Clear was pretty decent. They had a huge marketing campaign behind it too

Back
Top Bottom