Coke or Pepsi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just watched a show on the Food network last night that said that when Coke was introduced to China, they tried choose Chinese characters that would sound like the word "Coke" when they were pronounced. Unfortunately, the characters roughly translated to "bite the wax tadpole" and did not help sales. So they scrapped that idea and changed the characters to ones that translated to "happiness in the mouth", which did much better!

kellyahern said:
At EPCOT in Disneyworld, they have a place where you can taste different Coke products from around the world. The ones from China and Japan are nice, but the one from Italy - it's called "Beverly" I think - is just :yuck:
yeah you can do this at the coca-cola museum in atlanta as well. beverly is rather awful. i believe that's the bitter somethingorother (it was some fruit like grapefruit or ass, can't remember). it said it right on the label and the guide said "hey it's awful tasting, beware." people all flocked over to it. i couldn't bring myself to try any. but i did anyway and it was indeed awful. i ran back to the american fountain drinks and had a huge cupful of (caffeine free) coca-cola to get the taste out. ick!

btw, i voted coke. i don't drink soda that often though.

Coke.....
but the Coca cola guys in India came out with Vanilla Coke once...it tasted worse than it sounds....it got a reception almost as hostile as the one given to Pop...... ha ha

I didn´t like those pepsi adds with miss Spears

so i would have to choose coca cola

but to be honest, i dont like either of them

I believe the entire state of Georgia is owned by Coca-Cola. It's quite a task to actually find a Pepsi vending machine or a restaurant that serves Pepsi.

In the last statistics class I took, we discussed a blind study where people were asked which they preferred and most people answered Coke, but when they looked at the results of the taste test, most actually preferred Pepsi, they just didn't know it...

KhanadaRhodes said:

yeah you can do this at the coca-cola museum in atlanta as well. beverly is rather awful. i believe that's the bitter somethingorother (it was some fruit like grapefruit or ass, can't remember). it said it right on the label and the guide said "hey it's awful tasting, beware." people all flocked over to it. i couldn't bring myself to try any. but i did anyway and it was indeed awful. i ran back to the american fountain drinks and had a huge cupful of (caffeine free) coca-cola to get the taste out. ick!

yeah, it's the really bitter one :yuck:

Terrible tasting, but great for playing jokes on unsuspecting friends :lol:

Techie2000 said:
Pepsi I guess. Although I am starting to find them both kind of blah. Root Beer has always been my favorite beverage...

Diverting slightly from the main topic, onto rootbeer. I moved to the States from the UK when I was 11. I'd never had rootbeer before and was mystified by it... I remember it being the most popular soft drink in the midwest. I never really developed a taste for it. I did love corn dogs (which the English have yet to discover) and rootbeer floats with ice cream in... lovely.

Going back to Coke. I have family in India and their version of Coke/Pepsi is "Thumbs Up". It is ABSOLUTELY FOUL.

Last edited:
Mucca said:
Coke, even though Pepsi is sweeter. Anyone try the new C2 coke?
i have. i like it. it doesn't have nearly as much of an aftertaste as diet drinks do. it's weird, i put equal in everything else (cereal, tea, etc.) but i cannot stand it in my soda. blech. but C2 is really good, i can't wait till they put it in fountains, but that'll probably take awhile. i remember how long it took for diet coke to be put in fountains!

Nate Dogg said:
assmelon?

my favorite
:yes: :D

oh btw about the taste test thing...i was the opposite actually. they were doing the pepsi challenge in cape canaveral, where i lived at the time. i said i preferred pepsi but i actually chose coke! boy were they mad! they were like uhh move along now brat. i wasn't lying, i did prefer pepsi - or so i thought!

Last edited:
C2 tastes worse to me than Diet Coke. I don't like it because there is still sugar in it. With the Diet, you don't get that gritty feeling on your teeth.

In Cuba, they have TropiCola. Man, is that stuff ever flat and sweet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom