Coffin Bay, South Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been told one way to make sure they never knock on your door again is to open it naked, covered in something red, holding a dead chicken...
"Oh sorry, we were just in the middle of conducting a satanic ritual... say, neither of you are virgins, by any chance...?"

Maybe that was the JWs... :hmm:

You don't even have to go that far, just when they ask, "Have you found Jesus?" Open the door naked and say, "No, come in and help me find him!"

I've been told one way to make sure they never knock on your door again is to open it naked, covered in something red, holding a dead chicken...
"Oh sorry, we were just in the middle of conducting a satanic ritual... say, neither of you are virgins, by any chance...?"

Maybe that was the JWs... :hmm:

Oh, I once read a great story of what these guys did to one of their mates on his birthday. They held a huge bash for him, got him astonishingly pissed, made him dress in women's underwear, and left once he passed out. They had arranged for JW missionaries to visit him the next morning. So they turn up bright and early knocking on his door at 7am. He wakes up monumentally hungover and opens the door wearing nothing but women's undies. Apparently it's debatable who was more horrified.

Well the Mormons would definitely be virgins. They're not allowed to get married until after they finish their missions.

I usually just engage them in a religious debate and use my extensive biblical knowledge to shoot down any point they make.

Sweeet. :drool:
I think my dad had a theological discussion with a couple of Mormons or JWs who knocked on his door once... it was all very polite and respectful and everyone parted ways with their worldviews unchanged. *L*

Every single Mormon has to do a mission somewhere?

:shrug: I have absolutely no religious preference, apart from the preference of being respected about my choice and not having someone elses forced upon me...that's as far as I discuss is. I do what's right for me, and believe what's right for me. I don't go to church, I've never properly read the bible, I don't believe in a God as such. I'm fine with it, but the door knockers and bible pushers can all bugger off as far as I'm concerned!! :lol: But in saying that, I have absolutely no problems with any friends religious beliefs :shrug:

And yes, that was a ramble. :giggle:

Oh, I once read a great story of what these guys did to one of their mates on his birthday. They held a huge bash for him, got him astonishingly pissed, made him dress in women's underwear, and left once he passed out. They had arranged for JW missionaries to visit him the next morning. So they turn up bright and early knocking on his door at 7am. He wakes up monumentally hungover and opens the door wearing nothing but women's undies. Apparently it's debatable who was more horrified.

:lol: Awesome.

Oh man, the irony! I was just trying to put new credit on my mobile phone. The first time I did it, I didn't realise there was one more confirm screen until it was too late and it had timed me out. I just went to do it again, and RIGHT AS I CLICKED SUBMIT, my electricity died for a couple of seconds. Ugh. Third time lucky? And touch wood that my power does not go out ... I forgot to buy a working torch ... :uhoh:

:shrug: I have absolutely no religious preference, apart from the preference of being respected about my choice and not having someone elses forced upon me...that's as far as I discuss is. I do what's right for me, and believe what's right for me. I don't go to church, I've never properly read the bible, I don't believe in a God as such. I'm fine with it, but the door knockers and bible pushers can all bugger off as far as I'm concerned!! :lol: But in saying that, I have absolutely no problems with any friends religious beliefs :shrug:

And yes, that was a ramble. :giggle:

And a fine ramble it was too. :up:
That's pretty much my theory.

Damn. I was just reading more about the missionaries. They're paired off and they have to be with their missionary companion AT ALL TIMES other than in the bathroom. That must seriously suck.

Damn. I was just reading more about the missionaries. They're paired off and they have to be with their missionary companion AT ALL TIMES other than in the bathroom. That must seriously suck.

They have some weird-ass rules. This is also the magical time where certain Mormon missionaries found out they're gay.

Oh man, the irony! I was just trying to put new credit on my mobile phone. The first time I did it, I didn't realise there was one more confirm screen until it was too late and it had timed me out. I just went to do it again, and RIGHT AS I CLICKED SUBMIT, my electricity died for a couple of seconds. Ugh. Third time lucky? And touch wood that my power does not go out ... I forgot to buy a working torch ... :uhoh:

Murphy tests those without foresight... or the ability to learn from past power losses... :uhoh:

It really must. I think I would go completely insane... although I'd probably have to be insane to become a Mormon in the first place.

No offence to Mormons, it's just not my thing.

Murphy tests those without foresight... or the ability to learn from past power losses... :uhoh:

Well, at least I now have extra phone credit! And ... I guess I can use the phone's screen as an improv torch!

Well, at least I now have extra phone credit! And ... I guess I can use the phone's screen as an improv torch!

Many people do. Rox once stumbled around in the dark bushland near a music festival with only her phone to light the way... I'm sure she would have got even more cuts and bruises on her legs and feet without it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom