Coen Brothers Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anthony

Refugee
Hey everyone;

I'm wondering who's a Coen Brothers fan out there? From their sublime trilogy with Sonnenfeld as their photographer (Blood Simple, Miller's Crossing and Raising Arizona), their hilarious comedies (The Hudsucker Proxy, O Brother Where Art Thou, The Big Leibowski, Intolerable Cruelty.. The Ladykillers) Or even their darker films such as 'The Man Who Wasn't There'... or what is considered their masterpiece, namely, Fargo?

I personally think that there is no such thing as a bad Coen Brothers film, as they are all unique in their own particular way, though I must admit that I find their weakest to be 'O Brother', while my personal favourite is 'Miller's Crossing'.

Ant.

ok i am going to rate these on a 1 to 10

how i hate that scale

The Hudsucker Proxy, - 8+
O Brother Where Art Thou, 9
The Big Leibowski, 7.5
Intolerable Cruelty.. -0 I did not see it
The Ladykillers) --2 tom hanks is over
'The Man Who Wasn't There'... 8
Fargo -9+
'Miller's Crossing'. - 9+

The first film of theirs I saw was The Hudsucker Proxy and boy, did I love it. I think it's one of their best. I also really liked O Brother Where art thou.

Everyone told me Intolerable Cruelty was bad, and I just saw about 25 minutes of it the other day and it's really awful, IMO.

Intolerable Cruelty :down:

I am a huge fan of the Coen brothers but the above movie is bad. Really bad. In fairness to the brothers I believe they were brought in partway to try and save the movie. Sadly, they, George Clooney and Catherine Zeta-Jones didn't save this movie.

My personal favourites:

Fargo
Raising Arizona

Raising Arizona
The Big Leibowski
Fargo
:up:

I really really didn't like The Ladykillers. :down:

Anthony said:
... while my personal favourite is 'Miller's Crossing'.

Damnit that's good.

But you guys are missing the Best!!!

BARTON FINK

"I am a creator! This is my uniform!!!" (points to brain)

:up: :up:

Although, The Man Who Wasn't There was incredibly brilliant too.

Tough choice Ant.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom