Cockram & Cockram, 6 Morrell Street Mooroopna VIC, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It lives up to the hype. Kind of sad it's taken me this long to get into Radiohead.

Nice. I'm glad to hear you liked it. I don't LOVE it, but it's got some great songs on it, for sure. Probably my 2nd, maybe 3rd favorite RH album.

Yes indeedie!

I need to start watching that show. It's just intimidating because I know I need to start from the beginning.

I discover music in my own time. Like I'm finally listening to OK Computer for the first time in my life.

Someone catch him, the poor boy may faint...

It's good, but The Bends is even better in my opinion.

There's this Swedish band (sorry, I do tend to gloat a bit about my discoveries, can't help it) that released an album that was in a similar vein to The Bends (not many electronics, mix of rocking and melancholic tracks) that I found to be even better, which is saying a lot. I rate both albums extremely highly.

For me, OK Computer doesn't feel as good to me as it used to and I still believe that Paranoid Android is one of the most overhyped tracks in the history of ever. Only the first third is worthy of such worship to me, the other two thirds are an epic bore.

And just another unpopular opinion of mine, OK Computer wouldn't even register in my top 5 albums of the year 1997, let alone all of the 1990s. However, I think that may be attributed to the fact that 1997 was such a strong year for good music, at least for me.

The run of Fitter Happier to Climbing Up The Walls is probably my favourite part.

I Can Hear the Heart Beating as One
Radiator
OK Computer
Whatever and Ever Amen

And seriously, that looks to be about all for me and 1997 really. At least of the top 300 albums on RYM that I'm really all that familiar with. I'm sure at some point I'll add Either/Or and Homogenic to that list.

I Can Hear the Heart Beating as One
Radiator
OK Computer
Whatever and Ever Amen

And seriously, that looks to be about all for me and 1997 really. At least of the top 300 albums on RYM that I'm really all that familiar with. I'm sure at some point I'll add Either/Or and Homogenic to that list.

Radiator the Super Furry Animals album? I've been getting into them lately (I found them and decided to try them out because they were Welsh and their names are cool), I quite like them.

Here's my list, something like this:

1. Pop - U2 (yeah, I know, I know)
2. Isola - Kent
3. Attack of the Grey Lantern - Mansun
4. Yablokitay (Apple-China) - Nautilus Pompilius
5. Fonar' pod glazom (Black Eye) - Сплин

All 5 are ridiculously close, all brilliant albums.

The next 5 is a bit of a mix and it's a bit messy down there.

Urban Hymns - The Verve
Uragan (Hurricane) - Агата Кристи
OK Computer - Radiohead
Radiator - Super Furry Animals
Z rozmyslan przy sniadaniu - Myslovitz

I almost used it. No idea why I replaced it with Pull/Pulk Revolving Doors. :shrug:

Oops...forgot about pop. Wow....its not in the top 300 for its year? Ouch.

Remember, it's the outside world rather than Interference. Even RYM struggles to see Pop's virtues.

As for my top five of 1997:

1. The Verve: Urban Hymns
2. Buddha On The Moon: Stratospheric
3. Bike: Take In The Sun
4. The Mutton Birds: Envy Of Angels
5. ... hard to pick. Pop? Borknagar's The Olden Domain? Emperor's Anthems To The Welkin At Dusk? Something.

I've only got two 1997 albums on RYM rated below 2 stars. OK Computer and Metallica's truly horrible Reload.

I admit I haven't listened to enough 1997 albums. There are some quality EPs/singles missing here, notably the sole singles from Sörskogen and Bak De Syv Fjell.

1997, ftw!

1. Pop - U2
2. Green Day - nimrod.

...okay, I thought I had more for that list.

No notice, she just turns up and gets told to leave. Okay fair enough that she is casual, but you know, at least say "oh we don't need you anymore, can you finish up Friday?"

That'd have been a fairer on her behalf.

No notice, she just turns up and gets told to leave. Okay fair enough that she is casual, but you know, at least say "oh we don't need you anymore, can you finish up Friday?"

That'd have been a fairer on her behalf.

Wow, that's shit. Casual employment can really blow. I'm just sessional at uni and god knows if they'll even need me for anything next semester.

missed it tonight, but i got a friend on to it, and she texted me during the show "5 minutes into it and I'm ashamed these people are representing Australia", "That Raquel chick needs to be taken aside and beaten", "I really just want to smack her out". worthy of a <3, i feel.

I watched it. If you thought Raquel was uncompassionate in the first episode, you won't believe the second one. Absolute bitch.

I found one of the scenes to be very touching. Raye could word some of her phrases a bit better, but she's probably made the biggest turn out of the group and seems genuinely affected by what she's witnessing.

Seriously thinking of volunteering at Inverbrackie to teach kids arts and crafts, might look into it during the holidays.

Nice one Bonnie. I reckon this has been the TV prog of the year, so far. You couldn't shut me up at work about it today :lol:

And while slapping Raquel seems like the easy option, that Darren is a nasty piece of work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom