Cockram & Cockram, 6 Morrell Street Mooroopna VIC, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IN EYKIW and PLEBA, but I think Cobbler was talking on a more global scale. Bono I can see being a big deal in the media, but the other three, there'd be a small remembrance story on each news outlet and the general public will say "oh, that's too bad," and then it'll move on to the video of the day of the bird stealing the wallaby's snack or something. I'm discovering that to the rest of the world, U2 consists of Bono and three other dudes. What are their names again? One of 'em wears a hat, doesn't he?

Sad, but true.

While true, he did say "what the reaction would be here".

And I hope all of you have taken a peek at today's set.

I heard a confirmed rumour that they're playing Achtung in full.

Haven't looked cause I only need to avoid spoilers two more weeks. Would I be best ducking out for the night? :uhoh:

No worries, that's all I'm going to say about the set. And I'm almost completely wrong, as usual.

Haven't looked cause I only need to avoid spoilers two more weeks. Would I be best ducking out for the night? :uhoh:

They played a half hour Springsteen medley for Clarence.

... no, actually, so far no Springsteen snippets that I've noticed. Kind of surprised. And that's all I'll say about the set without spoiler tags!

I'm honestly surprised that
ISHFWILF didn't have a Springsteen snippet, as it has before.

Outside the street's on fire in a real death waltz
Between what's flesh and what's fantasy
Man the poets don't write nothin at all they just stand back and let it all be
But in the quick of the night
They reach for their moment and try to make an honest stand
And they wind up wounded
Not even dead
Tonight
In
Jungleland

Jesus Harold Christ on rubber crutches, my brain hurts. If I have to talk to one more idiot, I'm going to go cross-eyed. Pay your bill, get services, people. It's that simple. If you can't grasp this concept, perhaps you shouldn't have pay tv.

Do they? I thought it might be kind of fun, but if that's the case I probably won't bother. It's going to cost me far more money than any video game ever should.

:happy: How do you think you did?

I think I did alright. I'm normally pretty mediocre in exams, I had this brief 5 minute panic attack midway through the exam where I forgot pretty much everything but thankfully, I regained composure.

Pretty much the majority of the class didn't finish the exam, the third part, dedicated to graphing, we only really had 20 minutes alloted to that and barely anyone got through that part. I only just managed to draw the graph. :wink:

That's the hardest exam out of the way, Maths tomorrow and I'll most certainly kill English straight after the Maths exam. Time went like a breeze.

Do they? I thought it might be kind of fun, but if that's the case I probably won't bother. It's going to cost me far more money than any video game ever should.

Yeah, I'd really say they're not worth it, tbh. Since only 10-15 million people actively enjoy the sport, they just don't have the polish that Fifa, NFL, NBA and NHL games have. They're not even yearly, it was a pretty big thing for an AFL game to be released this year.

I remember those brief mid-exam panic attacks.

The AFL games are fun for about five or ten minutes but unlike the Fifa and NFL/BA/HL games they just aren't very enjoyable to come back to. Plus the commentary is rubbish. I played NBA 2k11 at a mate's joint yesterday and loved it, despite sucking at it.

I think most students have experienced a mid-exam panic at least once! And if Physics is harder than Maths, then I did the right thing in avoiding it. Chemistry was bad enough... :crack: I think I only just managed to pass the maths I needed to get into Science. Never again!

Do you have/know of a used video game store where you might be able to pick up an old AFL video game on the cheap? :shifty:

The latest one that just came out a few months back, on PS3/XBOX/Wii isn't too bad. It's mostly fun if you are playing multi player. THe commentary sucks, as it does in all AFL games, the graphics are nothing like anything EA/2k produce. Anyways I've seen that on ebay for about $60.

The best AFL game was on the NES. YouTube - ‪Full AFL Nes Game Part 1‬‏

However another good one which was one the few made by EA was AFL 98. Which I think was only on PC.

The AFL games are fun for about five or ten minutes but unlike the Fifa and NFL/BA/HL games they just aren't very enjoyable to come back to. Plus the commentary is rubbish. I played NBA 2k11 at a mate's joint yesterday and loved it, despite sucking at it.

The AFL game make great games with friends. Otherwise playing alone its a bit boring, its either too hard, too easy or just plain boring. 2K's NBA games are awesome, very hard I don't think there is any way you can exploit them for easy wins, unlike some EA games. (bicycle kick goal in FIFA 2000 worked 100% of the time) I'm looking forward to see if 2K do an NHL game this year.

Dear God, why does that NES game look so good? :lol:.

Travis and I were mostly just curious to see if the game translates to fun video game times. Plus it would be an interesting conversation piece :lol:

I remembered Daniel being pretty excited when he got the new game, so I had (erroneously?) believed it to be a decent game :wink:

So, my boss told me today she's nominating me for a promotion.

Just heard an Alpine song on triple j... Apparently called Villages. Not too bad!

That would be their latest single!

(Well apparently Too Safe is coming out/just came out as a third single, but their forthcoming tour is in support of Villages anyway.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom