Cockplay, Scotland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rest assured, it'll be on one of the DVDs ... whenever I do those for you.

:laugh: That's hilarious. I'm guessing those must be sourced from the 18 November 1989, Sydney footage used for the Lovetown documentary?

:hyper:

:waiting:

Yep, I think so... I've never seen the doco, but there are bits through the start of Hawkmoon about King's Cross in Sydney, dolphins leaping and a wedge-tailed eagle soaring... etc..

Oooh, I remember Maria McKee! (or however you spell it) ... :lol:

I honestly have no idea who she is, except that she appeared onstage a couple of times with U2 in the late eighties. She did Sweet Jane with the band in Paris on 15 June 1987.

Bono's said it's also about London. But it was initially inspired by playing Streets in NYC after 11 September 2001. At least lyrically. The musical origins date back to the Pop sessions.

Going to pretend you didn't read this post too? :wink:

the song is sorta ABOUT! Streets :lmao: no wonder it feels so similar.

It's just that COBL & Streets are two of my favorites, and they feel similar, but Bono killed Streets for me on this past tour. I was happier knowing but not admitting knowing you know? I don't want the same thing to happen with COBL so I've been trying to NOT think about what it could mean.

though that explanation's not so bad as it could've beenn.

Yep, I think so... I've never seen the doco, but there are bits through the start of Hawkmoon about King's Cross in Sydney, dolphins leaping and a wedge-tailed eagle soaring... etc..

That's the doco alright. Great performance of Hawkmoon; in fact all the doco footage is really good and taken from the Bomb Scare gig.

What the..
I've found a clipping from the paper from LT days:

U2 star falls for computer whiz

Adam Clayton, the U2 star, has fallen for an Australian computer programmer - known only as Mary. A report in the Daily Mirror newspaper said Clayton had met Mary, 25, in Sydney during the band's recent world tour and now the two were "inseparable". An unnamed "friend" of Clayton reportedly said "Mary is lovely. THey spent Christmas together in Ireland. Everyone is really happy for them".

You don't know how happy I am I kept this...:cute:

I'm sure I have the same thing taped!!! Hell, I even taped the Channel 10 news during Zoo TV where they showed Bono and Edge playing tennis one arvo, Bono in a fetching grey trackie....

:lol: Playing tennis? In trackie daks?? :lol:

Rage did this three-hour spree of all U2 clips when ATYCLB was released... I talked the 6'6 Ukrainian guy into giving up the communal TV in the student residence where I lived so I could tape it :D
(Well, I just asked timidly and he quite happily went to use the other TV... lovely bloke, smoked a lotta weed though.)

Reptile went both nights :grumpy: Back then, the concept of going to multiple shows was non-existent really, dayum...

You must work some of the setlist out of him for me ... and the greater good of the U2 fan community too. :hyper:

What the..

Adam Clayton, the U2 star, has fallen for an Australian computer programmer - known only as Mary. A report in the Daily Mirror newspaper said Clayton had met Mary, 25, in Sydney during the band's recent world tour and now the two were "inseparable". An unnamed "friend" of Clayton reportedly said "Mary is lovely. THey spent Christmas together in Ireland. Everyone is really happy for them".

Well, that's new to me.

I honestly have no idea who she is, except that she appeared onstage a couple of times with U2 in the late eighties. She did Sweet Jane with the band in Paris on 15 June 1987.

Lead singer of Lone Justice, US band who supported U2 a lot around the late 80s. She moved to Ireland and started a solo career.

*not the only music nerd here*

What the..

Well, Naomi Campbell meant that didn't last long! :lol:

Oh gee, I never actually noticed that.

Yeah, they filmed all three of those Sydney November gigs, but only chose to use stuff from the Bomb Scare. I guess it really sent the band into overdrive? It is one hell of a gig.

Lead singer of Lone Justice, US band who supported U2 a lot around the late 80s. She moved to Ireland and started a solo career.

*not the only music nerd here*

Ahh, right. Yeah, I recognise the band name from them supporting U2, but I've never heard any of their music.

She had a song in the late '80s/early '90s that was all over the radio, I loved it... no idea what it was now.

Love Rescue Me!! :love:

Also the fact that it was Adam.
It's hysterical I've got this clipping, when the rumour was (and I'm sure Molly mentioned it on Countdown at the time, according to my addled memory) that after those taped Lovetown shows in Syd, Adam was meant to have had a thing going with one of the backing singers, Zan I think, and SHE was meant to have gone to Dublin with him.

If I can go back in time, and alter my sexuality, could I be reincarnated as Adam Clayton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom