Cockplay, Scotland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah right... how is she?

Van Diemen's Land... it got better, then the audience took over... :lol: But it was very Luke Dalton for a minute there!

She seemed good - she needed something about The Church recorded. :lol:

Ahh, right. I think it's a terrible shame they never went to Hobart to play Van Diemen's Land on Lovetown.

Hawkmoon was played just eight times, always as the opener. Seven times in Australia (three in Melbourne!) and once in the Netherlands. It was last done on 18/12/89, Amsterdam.

I, uh, can name every single date Hawkmoon was played off memory. :nerd:
All this LT talk has sent me to the box under my bed which had all the U2 clippings etc I've accumulated over the last 100 years, and I found the ad for the "U2 Love Comes to Town Tour with BB KIng" and tickets going on sale at THREE outlets at 7.30 am, while all other outlets went on sale at 9.00 am. IE my friends and I sat on a concrete footpath all night in the city (outside Allans in the Mall for Sad Punk) with half of Adelaide and then got squashed into a standing queue at 5.30 am while we got filmed by commercial news. Oh the memories.... :huh:

I don't mean from the full show bootleg, but from the few songs that Channel 10's crew filmed. Off memory, that's Hawkmoon, Desire, Watchtower, some of Pride, and ... some of Angel Of Harlem, I think.

Aha... I don't have those... :sad:

I do have a video tape with God Part II and Hawkmoon that was on Rage one night. The Rage people who made the captions had no idea what either song was called. I think they called Hawkmoon "I need your love", and God Part II became "I believe in you" ... they couldn't even get the lyric right :rolleyes:

Oh boy, Bono's hanging shit on arrogant architects in Dublin. Clarence revamp? U2 tower? ..........

She seemed good - she needed something about The Church recorded. :lol:

Ahh, right. I think it's a terrible shame they never went to Hobart to play Van Diemen's Land on Lovetown.

That would have been awesome. And come on, they played New York in NYC, right??

All this LT talk has sent me to the box under my bed which had all the U2 clippings etc I've accumulated over the last 100 years, and I found the ad for the "U2 Love Comes to Town Tour with BB KIng" and tickets going on sale at THREE outlets at 7.30 am, while all other outlets went on sale at 9.00 am. IE my friends and I sat on a concrete footpath all night in the city (outside Allans in the Mall for Sad Punk) with half of Adelaide and then got squashed into a standing queue at 5.30 am while we got filmed by commercial news. Oh the memories.... :huh:

Next time I walk past Allans I'm going to feel like I'm from Lovetown history.

tom petty fans toooo old to upload

I know :sad:

I found ONE bootleg from this tour. At least the setlist from it is similar to my concert :sigh: But I wont' get to hear him talk about Chicago *downloads*

Ah right... how is she?

Van Diemen's Land... it got better, then the audience took over... :lol: But it was very Luke Dalton for a minute there!

I was also thinking he sounded like a Dalton there at first :lol:

Was Bono's voice hurting him bad at this show :( He didn't do the shout during Angel of Harlem "Heart and soooooooooooooooooul"

I'm liking this BB/Bono speech during LCTT

The Flow* of this concert is pretty amazing

*where you expecting to see something here?

I do have a video tape with God Part II and Hawkmoon that was on Rage one night. The Rage people who made the captions had no idea what either song was called. I think they called Hawkmoon "I need your love", and God Part II became "I believe in you" ... they couldn't even get the lyric right :rolleyes:

Oh boy, Bono's hanging shit on arrogant architects in Dublin. Clarence revamp? U2 tower? ..........

I have the whole show on this computer, and some of it's on Youtube. Desire and Hawkmoon are completely rad in it. The cut into Pride is nothing special, but you may find interest in it from a non-musical perspective.

Rest assured, it'll be on one of the DVDs ... whenever I do those for you.

:laugh: That's hilarious. I'm guessing those must be sourced from the 18 November 1989, Sydney footage used for the Lovetown documentary?

I'm sure I have the same thing taped!!! Hell, I even taped the Channel 10 news during Zoo TV where they showed Bono and Edge playing tennis one arvo, Bono in a fetching grey trackie....

That would have been awesome. And come on, they played New York in NYC, right??

Hell, they've done all three of Angel Of Harlem, New York, and COBL in NYC, not to mention covering New York, New York ...

Hell, they've done all three of Angel Of Harlem, New York, and COBL in NYC, not to mention covering New York, New York ...

I'm gonna try and pretend like I didn't see this. I don't like to think about what COBL could possibly be aobut. And if it's a song about New York, it will just die to me a little.

Holy crap! I just found my UF ticket: Apollo Stadium, 21 Sept 1984, Main Floor, Row B, Seat 16.

$19.90 :love:

*goes back to rummaging*

Damn, I wish you'd gone to the night before too. We have the full set for 21/09/84, but absolutely NOTHING for 20/09/84.

I'm gonna try and pretend like I didn't see this. I don't like to think about what COBL could possibly be aobut. And if it's a song about New York, it will just die to me a little.

Bono's said it's also about London. But it was initially inspired by playing Streets in NYC after 11 September 2001. At least lyrically. The musical origins date back to the Pop sessions.

Going to pretend you didn't read this post too? :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom