Cockplay, Scotland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops, but I was close.

Still worth it. But as much as I wanted to hear Mysterious Ways, I'm still disappointed it was at the expense of Zoo Station, especially given the length of the sets.

And I'm sure it gets said daily, but damn near 30 years of material and they can't dust off more than 22 songs?

Yeah, what pissed me off is that in South America, they'd been doing ZS/Fly/MW/WOWY as the first encore. Then typically four songs in the second encore too. So the length we lost was in the encores; the main sets (except Auckland I) were the same length.

You'd think that if you're only working for a few hours on two nights every 3 days AT WORST and fixing your schedule so that you can do some sweet holidaying too, because you're an ultra-rich rock band who can dictate cushy terms, you'd at least be able to do a decent job and play over 2.5 hours.

Bono 212, that's magnificent!!! :bow:

my favorite part is how Steve keeps interrupting him throughout the show because he's just as pissed as Bruce is :lmao: Clarence too. It's magnificent.

Ending of the show:

Are you crazy ? (cheers) you´ve been almost blown up (chuckles) you´ve been screwing around here since about 8 o´clock, it´s 2 o´clock and you don´t wanna go home ? (crowd: ´No´) you, you don´t wanna go home ? (crowd: ´No´) but are you loose ? (chuckles)(crowd: Yeah´) are you loose ? (crowd: Yeah´) are you, what do you think, Steve, are they loose ? (Steve: ´I don´t know, I can´t hear them very well´) are you loose ? (crowd: Yeah´)....

I just made a new friend on facebook :up: It's my best friend from year 8. But her parents made her change school and I haven't heard from her until today :D:D She's the one that started my love affair with U2.

i'm soo happy :D
Awesome! :yippie:

:crack: I knew I shouldn't have clicked.

Ballarat. Looks better at 100 km/h from the bypass.

Truth.

Ooh, now I know where "Edge Orchestra" got their name from...

:lol: Wow, puts Bono's rambling to shame a bit.

It's a 15 minute long epic ramble :lmao:

When they first come back after the bomb threat is also a magnificent story:

´´Alright, bring the band down now....alright now I´ll tell you....

there we was....we ran back to the hotel....wanna tell you now....we ran back to the hotel, are you loose ? (cheers) we ran back to the hotel, ran into the bar....I said ´Bartender´....I said ´Bartender....I need a drink´....

I was shaking, my knees were weak, I couldn´t see straight, bring it down (?) Steve was there, come here, Steve....Steve was there with me, we were sitting at the bar, we were scared to death, we said ´Bartender, somebody tried to blow us up tonight´ (Steve: ´That´s right´) we said ´Bartender, are you loose ?´....we said ´ Bartender, somebody tried to blow us up tonight´....he looked at me and said ´Son....Son....are you loose ?´ (laughter) I said ´Yeah´

and there I was and Clarence came into the bar....Clarence shuffled in in his white suit....the people, I wanna tell you now that the people over at the PFFFFFFFFFFFFFISTER (Ashley Side note: He said this in the most hilarious drunken slur EVER) didn´t know what was happening ....that is a weird joint (chuckles)

so there we was, I was sitting at the bat, Steve was at the bar, Clarence was at the bar, we was drinking our skulls out (chuckles)....
Then he goes into a story about the song he's about to sing.

I just put my oven on to cook tea. I could microwave the chickeny rice stuff and it would be just as nice but the oven heats up the kitchen quite nicely and the 'puter is nearby :up:

Cheap heating for the win.

I'm gradually making pizza here ...

Just reading an email from the REM club site, and they've announced gigs in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. Hello U2, heard of Eastern Europe?????

Not enough recordings of Bono tanked. We must get Bono tanked. I will take one for the team if I have to.

Are there any Bono tanked shows? :lmao: if it's even 1/10th as great as this it would be beyond worth it

Everytime Bruce plays in Milwaukee now he shouts Are You Loose between like every song. Meeeeeemorrrieees /music.

It's a 15 minute long epic ramble :lmao:

When they first come back after the bomb threat is also a magnificent story:

Then he goes into a story about the song he's about to sing.

:lmao: Oh god, best show ever?

Just reading an email from the REM club site, and they've announced gigs in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. Hello U2, heard of Eastern Europe?????

Bono: There's an eastern Europe?
McGuinne$$: Fuck those commie bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom