Cockplay, Scotland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were a Springsteen collector it would be all I traded!

I would love you forever.

Alas we're talking in hypotheticals here :sigh:

Oh don't say that. The 40 from Bologna on TUF tour (I think it was the second show) with the Feed The World snippet is stunningly beautiful. :drool:

I just...it doesn't really fit or flow well with me

Oh, you don't like the Beatles' songs, but you'll paraphrase their one-liners? :tsk:

I'm just saying that Edge's brain works differently to Adam's brain. Plus he's used to playing a normal guitar so he'd approach a bassline from a different angle. Adam's angle is easier for someone who's never picked up a normal guitar in her life :wink:

(It's not just the number of strings, guitars and basses are tuned in a different way, too. You can't play an open chord on a bass... :lol: You can do chords on a bass, but I never learned how, and it's just... different.)

Just following the example set by Bono: rip off the Beatles whenever possible. :wink:

Ahh, right, I see. When we do finally get around to Phailing, I should have a go at the bass for a bit, just for lulz. Maybe 40! :lol:

They never even made an official announcement about WTF had actually happened. I imagine they didn't want to give all the other idiots working there ideas... But an email went around asking if anyone had any information, and reminding us not to let anyone through the security doors without a pass, etc etc. If they catch whoever it was, I doubt we'll ever hear about it, except through the rumour mill.

Ahh, right. Probably it's just something boring like some twit who got fired trying to get revenge.

:lol: yes but I'm not hauling my arse all that way just for unusually shaped chocolate.

I did hear a rumour that we may go to Kryal Castle :up: I have the suckiest holidays :wink:

Kryal fucking castle!!!!!! When I was with my ex, we did quite a few Melb-Adel drives, and he always threatened a stop at KryalfuckingCastle. I shoulda divorced him sooner.. :angry:

I would say if you can stand it, do see him sometime if he comes anywhere near you. It was just so amazing. The guy's edging on 50 and he still jumps around the stage, plays 25-30 song shows, and rocks the fuck out where at all possible. Not to mention the fact that he's played over 100 different songs this tour!

Awesome. God, I'm jealous of how he varies up his sets. I've never understood why U2 don't do it - not just from a fan's perspective, but from the perspective of keeping it interesting for yourself. I mean, the one time they did feel the need to do it to avoid insanity, we got LOVETOWN!

Awesome. God, I'm jealous of how he varies up his sets. I've never understood why U2 don't do it - not just from a fan's perspective, but from the perspective of keeping it interesting for yourself. I mean, the one time they did feel the need to do it to avoid insanity, we got LOVETOWN!

:lol: Bono has a hard enough time remembering things now, imagine if they started to shake things up a bit????:huh:

:lol: Bono has a hard enough time remembering things now, imagine if they started to shake things up a bit????:huh:

What if we promised to sponsor one child for every new song he successfully introduces into the setlist rotation?

:lol: yes but I'm not hauling my arse all that way just for unusually shaped chocolate.

I did hear a rumour that we may go to Kryal Castle :up: I have the suckiest holidays :wink:

Fair point... but I wouldn't mind seeing Tasmania again, so I could make a detour for 500g of wonkily-wrapped orange creams... :drool:

I do like that. And that Springsteen story is epic. His DVD of him playing in NYC has to be the best live DVD I've seen (Slane comes a veryclosesecond)

I have GOT to get ahold of this DVD :doh:

I think if you heard the Bologna version you'd change your mind. It sounds like how he turned Ruby Tuesday and Sympathy For The Devil into these slow longing extensions of Bad.

If the opportunity presents, I'll download it.

Just following the example set by Bono: rip off the Beatles whenever possible. :wink:

Ahh, right, I see. When we do finally get around to Phailing, I should have a go at the bass for a bit, just for lulz. Maybe 40! :lol:
:lol: Feel free... you'll probably get it quicker than I would. *makes note to bring 40 tab*

Ahh, right. Probably it's just something boring like some twit who got fired trying to get revenge.
Seems likely, yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom