Cockplay, Scotland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking at the setlist for the show on the 30th and was tempted to download that one instead, but I stopped myself. They played SAMTM at it though!

GET IT. The 30th is incredible. The final encore of 11OTT/WOWY is well worth it too.

I rank the four Point Depot shows as follows:
1. 26th
2. 30th
-- noticeable gap here --
3. 27th
4. 31st

1 and 2 are almost equal, as are 3 and 4. All four are four of U2's best gigs ever, and the quality on each is perfect, so get them all. I promise you won't be disappointed.

GET IT. The 30th is incredible. The final encore of 11OTT/WOWY is well worth it too.

I rank the four Point Depot shows as follows:
1. 26th
2. 30th
-- noticeable gap here --
3. 27th
4. 31st

1 and 2 are almost equal, as are 3 and 4. All four are four of U2's best gigs ever, and the quality on each is perfect, so get them all. I promise you won't be disappointed.

Point Depot is where that whole Dream it all up business occurred right?

I know I downloaded one of these shows too before the first iPod crash, but I'm not sure which. odds are it was the one they played TUF at :lol:

Why did I think Point Depot was in Australia :der:

And why did they do all that dream it up stuff if there were still four more shows on the tour :lol:? Screw you Stockholm, we're only doing these shows cause we gotta?

OMG are you serious?! *barely dares to hope*

I suppose some other stupid channel will pick it up... :grumpy:

Aforementioned daft git on LJ posted some news story that it has been suddenly cut. 10 informed the producers that the "concept" will in some way return, but no earlier than 2010. And my skeptical self says that's just to shut a few people up before it's queitly dropped altogether, as with so many other shows in the past cancelled "to return in a new guise at an indefinite point".

:bow: That's better than a column I read (by Phillip Adams?) who said 10 should hold BB, but not televise it, so there's no audience waiting when the housemates emerge, into a room of silence :lol:

:lmao: That would be BRILLIANT.

Bono, Calm down! IF you don't breath, you're not going to be able to clearly communicate to the people what you are trying to say. *regarding the intro to Bad :lol:*

Point Depot is where that whole Dream it all up business occurred right?

I know I downloaded one of these shows too before the first iPod crash, but I'm not sure which. odds are it was the one they played TUF at :lol:

Why did I think Point Depot was in Australia :der:

And why did they do all that dream it up stuff if there were still four more shows on the tour :lol:? Screw you Stockholm, we're only doing these shows cause we gotta?

Yes, the "dream it all up again" speech is on the 30th, before Love Rescue Me. I think it was made more for the benefit of the home crowd than anything else.

As for the four shows after Dublin in Rotterdam, they were never meant to happen. The show on 18/12/89 in Amsterdam was cut prematurely short when Bono's voice failed, and the two shows scheduled for the 19th and 20th were accordingly postponed. The four Rotterdam gigs in January 1990 took the place of the Amsterdam shows - four rather than two due to the venue being smaller.

Electric Co. -> Amazing Grace is... interesting, from a strictly tempo perspective.

It's ... interesting from just about every other perspective too! :lol:

My personal favourite snippet in that spot is Bullet With Butterfly Wings from a good deal of the Vertigo performances. It worked really well.

It comes in handy when correcting RobmyIQis33 on a point of fact in the Live Aid thread.... :smug:

Just read the thread and a favourite scene came to mind.

Mrs Richards: I have a hearing aid.
Basil: Would you link me to get it mended?
Mrs Richards: It's working perfectly well.
Basil: No it isn't!
Mrs Richards: I haven't got it turned on right now; it runs the battery down.

Yes, the "dream it all up again" speech is on the 30th, before Love Rescue Me. I think it was made more for the benefit of the home crowd than anything else.

As for the four shows after Dublin in Rotterdam, they were never meant to happen. The show on 18/12/89 in Amsterdam was cut prematurely short when Bono's voice failed, and the two shows scheduled for the 19th and 20th were accordingly postponed. The four Rotterdam gigs in January 1990 took the place of the Amsterdam shows - four rather than two due to the venue being smaller.

Oh wow, I didn't know about that with all of the Rotterdam business I mean. Sucks about his voice. I'm glad there was nothing wrong when he got it all checked out in the late 90s (Bono's all right guys! :hyper: )

Guys, Bono's wide awake.

*looks up at array of own posts*

Where'd everyone go? :uhoh:

See, that made me feel better just because it meant that every second post wasn't mine. I always get a bit worried when I check the thread stats and we've got 300 posts an I'm already past 100 ...

Just read the thread and a favourite scene came to mind.

Mrs Richards: I have a hearing aid.
Basil: Would you link me to get it mended?
Mrs Richards: It's working perfectly well.
Basil: No it isn't!
Mrs Richards: I haven't got it turned on right now; it runs the battery down.
Champagne quality :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom