Cockplay, Scotland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
See you later, Brittany! :wave:

Guess it's that time of the day when everybody pikes, eh?

Maybe I should go and clean the damn fish tank.

My, how long did it take youse guys to finish Weed? When I left it was only about halfway through, but looks like the show got on the road in the end.

My, how long did it take youse guys to finish Weed? When I left it was only about halfway through, but looks like the show got on the road in the end.

The whole thread took exactly 18 hours, but yeah, the last few hundred posts came with a fair flurry of activity. I got up at a bit past 10am and it wasn't even at 500 posts, so the last 500 were done in about 4-4.5 hours.

I've noticed that most of the bootlegs that come most highly recommended are from Dublin or Boston. I'm sure this isn't a coincidence...
Good few from Chicago, too.

Weed was way more chilled-out than Beer. I still think we should have found somewhere called Munchies after that.

I've noticed that most of the bootlegs that come most highly recommended are from Dublin or Boston. I'm sure this isn't a coincidence...
Good few from Chicago, too.

Weed was way more chilled-out than Beer. I still think we should have found somewhere called Munchies after that.

It seems there was somebody doing some quality U2 taping in Chicago in the mid-1980s. 21 March 1985 and 29 April 1987 are possibly the two best audience bootlegs I've ever heard. And yeah, doubt it's any coincidence that often the soundboard tapes come from Boston and Dublin.

Ha, yeah, Munchies would have been cool.

Crap!! I noticed when this thread started, but forgot to mention it when pfan started his studio//live game... Weed isn't in the list of locations in the first post. :(

Ooh, good spotting, Ali. Hopefully you or I or somebody else will remember that when the next thread comes up. Of course, we could just blitz through this one and rectify the error with a new thread tonight. :wink:

And now with Ashley gone, it looks like I'm set to shoot away and be the highest poster yet again. :crack:

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 374
User Name Posts
Axver 78
bono_212 66
coolian2 44
KhanadaRhodes 43
Its Britastic! 28
Alisaura 26
corianderstem 21
Serena Vox 18
RavenBlue 12
LemonMelon 11
phillyfan26 8
LemonMacPhisto 7
mysterious_jen 6
The Sad Punk 3
Screwtape2 3

Bye, leaving-people! :wave:

... was that an albino frog??

Cedric was my albino frog. I loved him soooo much, but one day when I was cleaning his tank, I accidentally put him in the hot water and cleaned his bowl with the cool water by mistake, and...he died :sad;

It seems there was somebody doing some quality U2 taping in Chicago in the mid-1980s. 21 March 1985 and 29 April 1987 are possibly the two best audience bootlegs I've ever heard. And yeah, doubt it's any coincidence that often the soundboard tapes come from Boston and Dublin.
I wasn't sure if it was strictly a sound-quality thing, or whether U2 just play awesome shows for home and home-away-from-home crowds... :shrug:

Ooh, good spotting, Ali. Hopefully you or I or somebody else will remember that when the next thread comes up. Of course, we could just blitz through this one and rectify the error with a new thread tonight. :wink:

And now with Ashley gone, it looks like I'm set to shoot away and be the highest poster yet again. :crack:

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 374
User Name Posts
Axver 78
bono_212 66
coolian2 44
KhanadaRhodes 43
Its Britastic! 28
Alisaura 26
corianderstem 21
Serena Vox 18
RavenBlue 12
LemonMelon 11
phillyfan26 8
LemonMacPhisto 7
mysterious_jen 6
The Sad Punk 3
Screwtape2 3

Ah who knows. He's being a grumpy butt and not wanting to lay down, plus britt brought back my battery charger, so I'll be here for a bit.

You've no one to blame but yourself, you postwhore. :tsk:

Cedric was my albino frog. I loved him soooo much, but one day when I was cleaning his tank, I accidentally put him in the hot water and cleaned his bowl with the cool water by mistake, and...he died :sad;
Aw, that's so sad! :( :hug:

I killed my pet mouse by not noticing that her water bottle thing had sprung a leak... :sad: *guilt*

I wasn't sure if it was strictly a sound-quality thing, or whether U2 just play awesome shows for home and home-away-from-home crowds... :shrug:

I'd say a bit of both. Certainly being soundboard or like-soundboard quality helps a lot, but it's not a secret that often the best gigs of any American leg are in Boston.

The band also seem to bring the house down in Glasgow. The two UF Tour shows there in November 1984 are both absolutely scorching on the bootleg, even if the sound quality leaves something to be desired. The 7 November 1984 show has an especially energetic 11OTT to open.

You've no one to blame but yourself, you postwhore. :tsk:

It's not my fault you slowcoaches can't keep up. :tsk:

Though for now, I'm going to do the dishes. Not too much to do today, hurrah. Keep the thread ticking over, folks. :wave:

I'd say a bit of both. Certainly being soundboard or like-soundboard quality helps a lot, but it's not a secret that often the best gigs of any American leg are in Boston.

The band also seem to bring the house down in Glasgow. The two UF Tour shows there in November 1984 are both absolutely scorching on the bootleg, even if the sound quality leaves something to be desired. The 7 November 1984 show has an especially energetic 11OTT to open.

Makes sense...

*makes more notes*
At least one of the Glasgow ZooTV shows is on my list too, something about Edge's birthday and Lost Highway... :giggle:

Though for now, I'm going to do the dishes. Not too much to do today, hurrah. Keep the thread ticking over, folks. :wave:
Haha. One good thing about share houses, I don't have to do all the dishes myself. On the other hand, my housemates probably use a lot more dishes than I would on my own. But that might be because they tend to cook real food, with ve-ge-ta-bles and other strange things.

I dunno whose turn it is to wash up today, but I'm pretty sure it's not me :D

Tell me about it!! What are you downloading?

I'm halfway through getting the Honolulu Vertigo show...

The Chicago TUF concert. Though I think I actually downloaded this one before, and wasn't all that crazy about it, but Ax says it's great so hopefully not :lol:

You have an interference shirt :ohmy:

The Chicago TUF concert. Though I think I actually downloaded this one before, and wasn't all that crazy about it, but Ax says it's great so hopefully not :lol:

You have an interference shirt :ohmy:
I don't think I've ever heard a UF bootleg... I did download that Chicago one a while ago, but not listened to it yet. Should probably do that today...

Yeah. :lol: There used to be a link to Interference's cafepress.com store up the top somewhere, I guess it's still going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom