Cockplay, Scotland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still find I get the best veges from a real vege store, and the best meat from my old mate The Mad Butcher.

I'm sure I would too, but the local butcher and greengrocer charge more, so that's out of the picture for now.

Things might change from tomorrow if the government will be kind enough to give me the blind disability payment.

The chorus of AMAAW > The rest of the song. This song's kinda love/hate with me. I'm liking it right now

Though the best chain bakery is by far Goldstein's. They're only in southeastern Queensland to my knowledge, but next time you're on the Gold Coast, find one and get a sausage roll and blueberry danish. You will not be disappointed. I will only eat their sausage rolls nowadays. Nowhere else compares.

So there is something good about the Gold Coast after all, eh?

So there is something good about the Gold Coast after all, eh?

Besides Mum and Nan, it's the only thing I miss that's there.

Mum and I used to go have lunch at Goldstein's every Saturday. :drool:

Ok, seriously this might be the most random coincidence ever, or the worst thing to ever happen to me while listening to U2, but ever since that opening note of ABOY my stomach's been quite unsettled.

Ok, seriously this might be the most random coincidence ever, or the worst thing to ever happen to me while listening to U2, but ever since that opening note of ABOY my stomach's been quite unsettled.

LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE, BONO/EDGE/LILLYWHITE.

I'm sure I would too, but the local butcher and greengrocer charge more, so that's out of the picture for now.

Things might change from tomorrow if the government will be kind enough to give me the blind disability payment.

Yeah, because of cost I usually get fruits and veges from the supermarket, but generally the mad butcher is similar in cost to the supermarket. It's just easier to do it all under the same roof so I do it all at the supermarket.

What, you guys don't have greengrocers and bakeries?

Admittedly, greengrocers are starting to become a thing of the past due to supermarkets, as are butchers, but god, the world would end without bakeries doing quality breads and danishes and buns and pies and sausage rolls and croissants and ... :drool:
you can find some if you're in a bigger city. we have a greengrocer, as you call them, in this town (small chain), and there's some bakeries. i can't think of any butchers off the top of my head though.

The closest thing we have to a butcher's is at Pike Place Market at the fresh fish stalls. Big tourist attraction there - when someone orders something, they throw the raw fish around to each other.

Yee ha.

Prior to 1981, the only bootlegs with really worthwhile quality are 5 October 1979, Cork, 26 February 1980, Dublin, and 14 October 1980, Hilversum.
*makes notes*

I have a bunch of FLAC files dated 2 March 1980... someone told me what they were once, but I can't remember, and I haven't been bothered finding out how to convert them into something I can listen to yet. No titles on the tracks, either...

Oh wait, there's a text file in there too with the setlist. Was played in a place called Tullamore in the midlands of Ireland, apparently.

*makes notes*

I have a bunch of FLAC files dated 2 March 1980... someone told me what they were once, but I can't remember, and I haven't been bothered finding out how to convert them into something I can listen to yet. No titles on the tracks, either...

Oh wait, there's a text file in there too with the setlist. Was played in a place called Tullamore in the midlands of Ireland, apparently.

Yep, sound quality is rather dodgy on that one too. The 26 February 1980 gig in Dublin has almost the same set and much better sound.

Seriously. I wonder if I can sue.

I really think it went like this though Opening note > Terrible headache > Stomache pain.

Open and shut case

I bet a shonky lawyer would be happy to take your case. Got a local Lionel Hutz?

you can find some if you're in a bigger city. we have a greengrocer, as you call them, in this town (small chain), and there's some bakeries. i can't think of any butchers off the top of my head though.

In order of expecting to find things, I'd expect to find about 5 bakeries for every butcher, then 2 butchers for every greengrocer.

In fact, now that I think about my trip to the supermarket, that off-the-top-of-my-head ratio is just about precisely what I pass on my five minute trip! :lol:

The closest thing we have to a butcher's is at Pike Place Market at the fresh fish stalls. Big tourist attraction there - when someone orders something, they throw the raw fish around to each other.

Yee ha.
Oh ye gods. We had to watch a video about that market, because the place I was working at the time was adopting the "Fish Philosophy". :barf:

Where's that photo I have of a travelling English butcher...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom