Cockplay, Scotland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, a corner store, 7-11, that sort of thing. Small shop that sells just the basic essentials, like milk and bread and stuff, along with newspapers and over-priced bags of chips and lollies. Some also do Lotto.

Oh, a 7-11. Gotcha!

No, a corner store, 7-11, that sort of thing. Small shop that sells just the basic essentials, like milk and bread and stuff, along with newspapers and over-priced bags of chips and lollies. Some also do Lotto.

Usually the best place to find all sorts of obscure lollies too.

God, I should wander down to the dairy now, but I don't wanna. Maybe tomorrow.

i remember in german class we learned germans had more specialized stores, like fruit/vegetable (which is how i remember obst und gemüseladen), bread, etc.

What, you guys don't have greengrocers and bakeries?

Admittedly, greengrocers are starting to become a thing of the past due to supermarkets, as are butchers, but god, the world would end without bakeries doing quality breads and danishes and buns and pies and sausage rolls and croissants and ... :drool:

We have bakeries. Many cities have farmer's markets and the like, to get fresh local (usually) produce. There are several in my neighborhood, and then the gigantic tourist destination Pike Place Market downtown.

See you later, PFan and Traviud. :wave:

I'm on an island in a busy intersection
I can't go forward, now I can't turn back

Zuh? I mean, it's a bit of a silly lyric, but there's much, much worse elsewhere. Looking at you, "with a mouth full of teeth, you ate all your friends".

Indeed. I can take Native Son seriously - it's got all the uptempo rockin' qualities you want live, but the depth to give it staying power. But Vertigo just feels like a throwaway radio single to get casuals punching the air with their fists.
To borrow a phrase, :fuckyeah: :rockon:

Miracle Drug could be a good song if it weren't for that Baby's head line :sigh:
I actually think I've grown to like that line. Maybe it's like how Bono once described Michael Jackson's voice... if you pretend he's singing in another language...

I think I've lost my love for SYCMIOYO. I don't know, God it's got some heartwrenching lyrics, but something seems lost in the delivery. It being commercialized when it feels like it should be more private didn't help either /ramble
That's kinda how I feel about how they're doing One live in the recent tours... I liked it better when it was raw and personal and miserable.

I was kinda surprised they put out Sometimes as a single... that and Stuck. I guess if Bono likes wearing his heart and deepest anguish on his sleeve, might as well make a buck out of it as well.
</cynic>

What, you guys don't have greengrocers and bakeries?

Admittedly, greengrocers are starting to become a thing of the past due to supermarkets, as are butchers, but god, the world would end without bakeries doing quality breads and danishes and buns and pies and sausage rolls and croissants and ... :drool:

Now I'm torn between the dairy or the bakery.

I've found that one of the best bakeries is Baker's Delight. For a chain store, they're FUCKING GOOD.

See you later, PFan and Traviud. :wave:

Zuh? I mean, it's a bit of a silly lyric, but there's much, much worse elsewhere. Looking at you, "with a mouth full of teeth, you ate all your friends".

No, he means that's the Frogger lyric.

That's kinda how I feel about how they're doing One live in the recent tours... I liked it better when it was raw and personal and miserable.

I was kinda surprised they put out Sometimes as a single... that and Stuck. I guess if Bono likes wearing his heart and deepest anguish on his sleeve, might as well make a buck out of it as well.
</cynic>

I guess so. I was going to mention Stuck as well, but at least that song wasn't about his dad, nor was it sung at Hutch's funeral either. I don't know

MOTHERFUCKER! I forgot about All Because of You...that seriously hurt :sad:

Sounds like a good idea. :up:

What I find interesting is how the 1980 gigs sound so much more raw than even those just three months later in 1981. They must have done some serious rehearsing over the Christmas break or something.
Audio quality is pretty ordinary on this one... compared to the two later Boston shows, anyway.

Otherwise, enjoying it!

Now I'm torn between the dairy or the bakery.

I've found that one of the best bakeries is Baker's Delight. For a chain store, they're FUCKING GOOD.

Yeah, they do pretty well most of the time. The mother of one of the girls in my debating team at high school owned a local Baker's Delight and she'd give me free bread every time I went there. :up:

Though the best chain bakery is by far Goldstein's. They're only in southeastern Queensland to my knowledge, but next time you're on the Gold Coast, find one and get a sausage roll and blueberry danish. You will not be disappointed. I will only eat their sausage rolls nowadays. Nowhere else compares.

Oh man...I had to turn the volume almost all the way down....my head's ringing now...shit stupid guitar.

Audio quality is pretty ordinary on this one... compared to the two later Boston shows, anyway.

Otherwise, enjoying it!

You haven't heard some of the other 1980 bootlegs. It's pretty good in comparison. :crack:

Prior to 1981, the only bootlegs with really worthwhile quality are 5 October 1979, Cork, 26 February 1980, Dublin, and 14 October 1980, Hilversum.

Axver, Frogger was an old videogame where you had to be this frog that was trying to hop across a zillion busy lanes of traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom