Cockplay, Scotland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meant to comment on what was said earlier.

I Think OSC is one of the best songs on The Bomb...I'll have to listen for...these Frogger lyrics :hmm:

Miracle Drug could be a good song if it weren't for that Baby's head line :sigh:

I think I've lost my love for SYCMIOYO. I don't know, God it's got some heartwrenching lyrics, but something seems lost in the delivery. It being commercialized when it feels like it should be more private didn't help either /ramble

Speaking of which, I'm not getting anything awesome from Edge on POE. Maybe the lyrics are just too much... it just all sounds kinda woobly and indistinct. Which, granted, can sometimes be a good thing, but it feels like he's just trying to give Bono background muzak to sing over.

OK, now I need to give this a listen to see if I hear anything interesting ...

I also don't rabidly hate POE. It's over-obvious bollocks, for sure, but there's much worse on ATYCLB.

Speaking of which, I'm not getting anything awesome from Edge on POE. Maybe the lyrics are just too much... it just all sounds kinda woobly and indistinct. Which, granted, can sometimes be a good thing, but it feels like he's just trying to give Bono background muzak to sing over.

I don't really get anything from the guitar in POE myself, WILATW though :D

SYCMIOYO should have switched places with Electrical Storm. It should have been a one off single for a Best Of. E. Storm fits better with HTDAAB anyway.

Guh. I only saw it because I was in a queue in the dairy.

You know what I hate? Those dairies that put shitloads of signs out the front with the headlines of every insignificant magazine and newspaper. No, I don't need to know all the most mindless gossip just when I'm walking down the street, and speaking of which, I like actually walking down the street, not dodging crappy signage.

The dairy by my tram stop seemed to do that, but has toned it down now ... to just the Herald Sun's headlines. :|

Everything in Its Right Place sounds like a bad imitation of that Imogen Heap song.

You know what I hate? Those dairies that put shitloads of signs out the front with the headlines of every insignificant magazine and newspaper. No, I don't need to know all the most mindless gossip just when I'm walking down the street, and speaking of which, I like actually walking down the street, not dodging crappy signage.

The dairy by my tram stop seemed to do that, but has toned it down now ... to just the Herald Sun's headlines. :|

My nearest dairy does that.

Worse still, they're lazy about it and sometimes have the same newspaper headline out for days.

Needz to clean ears out... Time for that Boy gig I got last night!

Sounds like a good idea. :up:

What I find interesting is how the 1980 gigs sound so much more raw than even those just three months later in 1981. They must have done some serious rehearsing over the Christmas break or something.

I wanna listen to October :sad: Napster doesn't have it. I don't wanna buy a digital release...AND I CAN'T FIND MY CASSETTE! :scream:

*waits impatiently for remasters*

A dairy?

Do you guys have shops that sell only dairy? What?

No, a corner store, 7-11, that sort of thing. Small shop that sells just the basic essentials, like milk and bread and stuff, along with newspapers and over-priced bags of chips and lollies. Some also do Lotto.

A dairy?

Do you guys have shops that sell only dairy? What?
i remember in german class we learned germans had more specialized stores, like fruit/vegetable (which is how i remember obst und gemüseladen), bread, etc. plus they have smaller refrigerators so they just pick up a few things every day, rather than shopping for the week and stockpiling their fridges like we do :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom