Cockplay, Scotland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh ye gods. We had to watch a video about that market, because the place I was working at the time was adopting the "Fish Philosophy". :barf:

It has a fish philsophy? Uh ... okay!

That's kinda cool about the video, though. Small world and all that.

In order of expecting to find things, I'd expect to find about 5 bakeries for every butcher, then 2 butchers for every greengrocer.

In fact, now that I think about my trip to the supermarket, that off-the-top-of-my-head ratio is just about precisely what I pass on my five minute trip! :lol:
:lol: all the greengrocers here are in other parts of town. so it'd be inconvenient for me. and i pass...a car wash and a minor medical center on my way to the supermarket! this is the chain i was referring to, btw.

In order of expecting to find things, I'd expect to find about 5 bakeries for every butcher, then 2 butchers for every greengrocer.

In fact, now that I think about my trip to the supermarket, that off-the-top-of-my-head ratio is just about precisely what I pass on my five minute trip! :lol:

I'd agree with that.

In the suburbs I'd expect to find a dairy next to a bakery, too. I know of two little store complexes within a kilometre of me, both have a bakery and a dairy.

In fact, it may be three with a dairy and a bakery, I can't remember if the one I go past on the bus has a bakery.

I'd agree with that.

In the suburbs I'd expect to find a dairy next to a bakery, too. I know of two little store complexes within a kilometre of me, both have a bakery and a dairy.

In fact, it may be three with a dairy and a bakery, I can't remember if the one I go past on the bus has a bakery.
no, that's not a dairy. it's a dildo shop. shoppe. (pronounced shoppie, which rhymes with poppy)

See you later, cori! :wave:

Ax, what's a good show for The Unforgettable Fire (The song)

Without a doubt, get 21 March 1985, Chicago. One of the best quality audience recorded bootlegs ever (it sounds soundboard), and UF is mindblowing.

See you later, cori! :wave:

Without a doubt, get 21 March 1985, Chicago. One of the best quality audience recorded bootlegs ever (it sounds soundboard), and UF is mindblowing.

Alright, I'll look for it. Because I haven't exactly had great luck looking for good live TUF

:lol: all the greengrocers here are in other parts of town. so it'd be inconvenient for me. and i pass...a car wash and a minor medical center on my way to the supermarket! this is the chain i was referring to, btw.

Ah, right. I apparently go past the largest laudrette in Australia on my way to the supermarket! EXCITING STUFF!

Agh, sites that inflict jingles on you! :yikes: (Why did I even click anyway? It's like "ooh, link; it doesn't matter how little I care!")

It has a fish philsophy? Uh ... okay!

That's kinda cool about the video, though. Small world and all that.

I don't know if this travesty of corporate bullshit was perpetrated by the owners of Pike Place, or just appropriated by some professional corporate bullshit guy, but apparently Pike Place was in dire financial straits because their employees were all unhappy and stuff, presumably because they got paid shit wages for working up to their elbows in stinky fish all day. So some bright spark decided to institute a few simple principles involving employee's attitudes, and hey presto, you have a fish-flinging smile-filled financial success on your hands. What next? Flog the BS to other businesses, no matter how unrelated they are to fishmongery.

One of these principles was "have fun", which was the fish-throwing thing (yeah, yay). Another was, "choose your attitude". I don't like that one. How about "fix the massive systemic problems that are CAUSING the bad attitude in all your employees"??

*argh*

I'd love to know how we were going to work fish-juggling into our daily work at a bank. Fortunately they laid me off cos I was casual, and everything was being outsourced.

I'd agree with that.

Yes, that too.

What I've noticed in Melbourne's inner suburbs are a lot of tiny dairies in old, stand-alone 1930s-era buildings that don't even look like they're still open, but they ARE and I keep wondering how they remain in business.

Ah, right. I apparently go past the largest laudrette in Australia on my way to the supermarket! EXCITING STUFF!

Agh, sites that inflict jingles on you! :yikes: (Why did I even click anyway? It's like "ooh, link; it doesn't matter how little I care!")
laudrette? :hmm: and why haven't you taken pictures of it et! :lol:

eek, i didn't even know it played music! i have my speakers turned off.

Another was, "choose your attitude". I don't like that one. How about "fix the massive systemic problems that are CAUSING the bad attitude in all your employees"??

You're saying some problems might be caused by the employer rather than negative employees? Wow, who thought that would happen in the business world! :ohmy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom