Cockplay, Scotland Superthread - Page 61 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-13-2008, 08:05 AM   #901
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy-V View Post
i really want to move to melbourne though. maybe for a second degree or a job. i love malben. to paraphrase James Murphy, Adelaide, I love you, but you'll bring me down.
I just couldn't stand it in Queensland so I transferred after my first year of undergrad. Now in my third year and fucking glad I made the move.

Also, if I remember correctly, aren't you at Bond? I am not entirely sure what to say about this. At high school, a number of us thought of going to Bond, but then at the same time mocked it mercilessly. You know, the whole "send a cheque for $2.5 million and get a degree in the mail 3 years later" sort of thing.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-13-2008, 08:06 AM   #902
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:04 PM
Quote:
i know i don't want to stay here. but for Uni, especially when you're associating with so many out-of-towners in a small, tight-knit community with a decent enough nightlife, and when you're given a half-scholarship, the decision is sort of made for you when the alternative is wallowing in Adelaide at a Tafe-with-benefits.
What, you don't want to be drinking at the Worlds End? Hey you've got the new, improved, no-longer-gay, Ed Castle!!!!

Old 07-13-2008, 08:07 AM   #903
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
Haha, you've just made Ax and I really, really jealous. Even for the apparently shitty Swervedriver show.
Yeah, first Lovetown, now Ride and Swervedriver? Fuck you, BEG! :jealous:

I'm actually cranking some Swervedriver right now. Sci-Flyer.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-13-2008, 08:08 AM   #904
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:04 PM
The only time I've ever been to the Worlds End, it was so damn busy I could barely even order a pint.

Gave me a big one for a pretty fine deal, though. But I prefer hanging at Rundle St.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:08 AM   #905
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:34 PM
Oh well, I'm planning on getting up early, so I'll be off.

See you tomorrow
Old 07-13-2008, 08:08 AM   #906
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Tafe-with-benefits.

Now when I was at UQ and we'd mock QUT all day for being a "Super TAFE", why did none of us think to call it that?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-13-2008, 08:08 AM   #907
Vocal parasite

See you later, Ian and Ashley!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-13-2008, 08:09 AM   #908
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:04 PM
Night, Ian! Sleep tight with your warm pussy.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:10 AM   #909
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Yeah, first Lovetown, now Ride and Swervedriver? Fuck you, BEG! :jealous:

I'm actually cranking some Swervedriver right now. Sci-Flyer.
It was quite disappointing that Swervedriver sucked, the guy had some awesome dreads...

And the ex was useful (for once), we took the bus down to Melb to see Ride at the Palace and were on the barrier. My ex behind me took the full force of the moshing during Like a Daydream or I'd have a groove carved into my stomach still now...
Old 07-13-2008, 08:10 AM   #910
Refugee

Local Time: 04:34 PM
Quote:
I just couldn't stand it in Queensland so I transferred after my first year of undergrad. Now in my third year and fucking glad I made the move.

Also, if I remember correctly, aren't you at Bond? I am not entirely sure what to say about this. At high school, a number of us thought of going to Bond, but then at the same time mocked it mercilessly. You know, the whole "send a cheque for $2.5 million and get a degree in the mail 3 years later" sort of thing.
there's no way i could afford it if they weren't paying for half my fees. the Uni is pretty decent, my social life is rad and to be honest, i needed a change, and my parents weren't going to give it to me unless i had some form of scholarship. add to that the fact i'm pretty certain i'll be doing another degree when i'm done, probably at one of the Big 8 (preferably Melbourne), it was the right decision for me.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:10 AM   #911
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

Old 07-13-2008, 08:12 AM   #912
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Oh god.

One night when a group of us got drunk at Fellow Albino Railfan's place and stayed the night, she went to bed with her cat and numerous jokes were made about how out of all of us, she was the only one getting any pussy.

I slept on the fuckin' kitchen floor. And got up early to photograph a bloody train.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-13-2008, 08:13 AM   #913
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyedgirl View Post
It was quite disappointing that Swervedriver sucked, the guy had some awesome dreads...

And the ex was useful (for once), we took the bus down to Melb to see Ride at the Palace and were on the barrier. My ex behind me took the full force of the moshing during Like a Daydream or I'd have a groove carved into my stomach still now...
I'm going to hate you even more if you tell me they also played Seagull, Dreams Burn Down, and/or Vapour Trail.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-13-2008, 08:15 AM   #914
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Oh god.

One night when a group of us got drunk at Fellow Albino Railfan's place and stayed the night, she went to bed with her cat and numerous jokes were made about how out of all of us, she was the only one getting any pussy.

I slept on the fuckin' kitchen floor. And got up early to photograph a bloody train.
This explains the 56,000 posts.......
Old 07-13-2008, 08:17 AM   #915
Vocal parasite

Quote:
there's no way i could afford it if they weren't paying for half my fees. the Uni is pretty decent, my social life is rad and to be honest, i needed a change, and my parents weren't going to give it to me unless i had some form of scholarship. add to that the fact i'm pretty certain i'll be doing another degree when i'm done, probably at one of the Big 8 (preferably Melbourne), it was the right decision for me.
When I was still considering doing journalism, I was very seriously considering applying for a scholarship at Bond. Staying close to home would have had some perks for me. I certainly wouldn't be having to pay what I do now for household expenses, for one thing! And if I had stayed on the Gold Coast, no fucking way would I have gone to Griffith.

And yeah, I'd say you're in the right boat for Melbourne - it's a great place if you want to do postgrad, but now that they've introduced the "Melbourne Model", I advise anybody doing undergrad to steer clear. I'm glad I got in just before the Model was introduced.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread