Cockplay, Scotland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No love for Walk On live? The way it ends the Boston DVD is truly phenomenal.

No, I love Walk On live. But Kite was even more phenomenal on Vertigo's fifth leg.

Also, when I heard the full electric Walk On in Brisbane, it was just a bit odd having it in the middle of the main set. The acoustic Walk On a couple of weeks later in Auckland fit into the middle of the main set much better, though isn't as good overall.

Screwtape, I know I'm meant to be ignoring you and this may not be the best joke to make under the circumstances, but I just can't help myself ...

This is why people think you are insane.

:lol:

You quote posts and make me read things. :sad:

Ok, seriously onto the Bomb now.

Native Son :up: Vertigo semi-:down:

God I thought Native Son was a good song.

Damn, local independent theater, why don't you have the showtimes listed for The Dark Knight other than Thursday night at midnight!?!

Don't you understand I'm trying to make plans???? :angry:

No, I love Walk On live. But Kite was even more phenomenal on Vertigo's fifth leg.

Also, when I heard the full electric Walk On in Brisbane, it was just a bit odd having it in the middle of the main set. The acoustic Walk On a couple of weeks later in Auckland fit into the middle of the main set much better, though isn't as good overall.

It's interesting...Kite improved from the Elevation tour to the Vertigo tour, and Walk On got worse. I still think it would have an incredible punch if they were to put it in the right spot.

Temple Bar mix of WGRYWH pisses me off now for whatever reason. The original is so much better.

(lucky I didn't have to pick between that and 11 O'Clock)

Which inspires me.

Non-album singles: HMTMKMKM / 11 O'clock Tick Tock
B-sides: Luminous Times or Spanish Eyes or Bass Trap fuck / Touch
Unreleased: Wild Irish Rose / She's A Mystery To Me

I love Native Son;... it's so kuch more poginant than Vertigo but still has that rocing vibe

Indeed. I can take Native Son seriously - it's got all the uptempo rockin' qualities you want live, but the depth to give it staying power. But Vertigo just feels like a throwaway radio single to get casuals punching the air with their fists.

I have breaking news .... I want you guys to hear it from me first, and not CNN or whatever ...... everybody sitting down?

Sitting comfortably?

Don't panic. Calm down. It's big news.

Angelina Jolie has allegedly popped out her twins, Vivienne and Knox.

You're welcome.

I have breaking news .... I want you guys to hear it from me first, and not CNN or whatever ...... everybody sitting down?

Sitting comfortably?

You're welcome.

I was thinking of mustering up some sarcasm ... but I don't even care that much.

Ok, ATYCLB suffers from Two huge problems. The sequencing is terrible, why are all the singles first? It's asking for a casual fan to purchase it and forget about it a week later.
That's pretty much exactly what I did with JT, when a friend of mine was trying to convert me in the early '90s. All the songs I'd heard on the radio at the start; why go any further?

Oh, what a fool I was.

Second, shit lyrics can not be saved by the ever present amazing guitar from Edge on this album...
Speaking of which, I'm not getting anything awesome from Edge on POE. Maybe the lyrics are just too much... it just all sounds kinda woobly and indistinct. Which, granted, can sometimes be a good thing, but it feels like he's just trying to give Bono background muzak to sing over.

Sitting comfortably?

You're welcome.

She hadn't already done it? What was up with the magazine front page that said "ANGELINA TELLS HOW THE TWINZ HAS CHANGED HUR LIFE!!!1"

Guh. I only saw it because I was in a queue in the dairy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom