Cockfosters, North London Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough... I might, but I've been a tad broke since I got back from Qld, and the approaching Xmas season isn't going to help. :slant:

Do it on the cheap like I do - make mix CDs or something! I'm seriously contemplating compiling my best essays from my time in BA and giving them to Mum and Dad for Christmas. :lol:

Guys Tori is being uploaded, and I have also uploaded an iTunes play list so you just have to download the Rar file and import the playlist :)

Coolness. :up:

Aah.

:hug:

Fair enough... I might, but I've been a tad broke since I got back from Qld, and the approaching Xmas season isn't going to help. :slant:

Yeah Sucks :(

Yeah, I just got my bonus, and now I've spent of of that on my girlfirend and I's Sydney trip, and there is a stackload of concerts coming on sale soon, Arctic Monkeys, Coldplay ect ect....

So are you just going to come straight from the airport to the city or whatever? I could aim to meet you and we could kill time until Ali's done with work and we go grab dinner. I'm imagining either fast food or that Indian place near Ali's work?

Yay for venues in the city!

I probably won't have any preferences for dinner... and I'm getting paid on Thursday, yay! :D

I admit to some sneaking feelings of pillockyness at the Laura gig where we charged up the front and everyone else was sitting down at the back. :lol:

Ack, poor aunt indeed!

But your b'day is AFTER Xmas. That makes all the difference...

:laugh: Yeah ...

How does it make a difference?

Assver!
wave1.gif

Sudanese cuisine is different from other African foods I've tried. It has more in common with say Moroccan than with Ethiopian. My meal consisted of a salad with spicy black eyed peas with capsicum and dumplings made of corn and sweet potato, and I also had a ripping red lentil soup as an appetiser. They accidentally gave me a lamb dish at first, I guess they screwed up the order by mistake? But they were perfectly happy with exchanging the meal.

Ahh, right. Sounds interesting, and I'm sure there must be some Sudanese restaurants around here, perhaps closer to Footscray. I'd like to try something a bit more interesting than my usual fare.

Assver!
wave1.gif

Sudanese cuisine is different from other African foods I've tried. It has more in common with say Moroccan than with Ethiopian. My meal consisted of a salad with spicy black eyed peas with capsicum and dumplings made of corn and sweet potato, and I also had a ripping red lentil soup as an appetiser. They accidentally gave me a lamb dish at first, I guess they screwed up the order by mistake? But they were perfectly happy with exchanging the meal.

Paul McSimpsonsCartney reference! :love:

Do it on the cheap like I do - make mix CDs or something! I'm seriously contemplating compiling my best essays from my time in BA and giving them to Mum and Dad for Christmas. :lol:

I gave my brother no less than three mix CDs last year, with limited success. I have plans for the presents mostly all figured out, it's just a matter of GETTING them... and ordering online and hoping they get here in time.

... Would your parents enjoy such a gift?

DINNER ON ALI! :dance:

YES. :D

I felt better knowing I could blame it on the blind guy. :D

:madspit:

I gave my brother no less than three mix CDs last year, with limited success. I have plans for the presents mostly all figured out, it's just a matter of GETTING them... and ordering online and hoping they get here in time.

... Would your parents enjoy such a gift?

Hah. My father normally gets a mix CD of some type. I think he'll appreciate my present idea. Whether Mum will ... I think so. But I'll do more CDs for her too.

No indeed. That pizza place on Swanston St seems a likely candidate...?

Yep, that would suit me.

Woah, this was a lot of multiquotage, but I think if anybody's entitled to use it on the Superthread, it's me!

How does it make a difference?

I guess this year it's made more difference to me, since I've had the big b'day gathering to organise and stress over, which has only left me a month at the yucky end of the year to organise presents for everyone... which isn't long at all if you break it down to "four shopping weekends left".

:yikes:

bed for real :wave:

But Ali, I would like an explination as to how that was a simpson's reference.

Night Ashley! Some Tori will be coming your way in the form of a PM.

I'll get back to you on Coldplay, but I think I'll leave you alone, and just let mum do all the work during the general sale :lol:

bed for real :wave:

But Ali, I would like an explination as to how that was a simpson's reference.

I can't remember which song or CD he's talking about, but Paul McCartney on the Simpsons told Lisa that if she played some song backwards, she'd hear a recipe for a "ripping lentil soup".

:D

Sleep well! :wave:

I guess this year it's made more difference to me, since I've had the big b'day gathering to organise and stress over, which has only left me a month at the yucky end of the year to organise presents for everyone... which isn't long at all if you break it down to "four shopping weekends left".

:yikes:

Ah, see, I don't even THINK about Christmas - except to bitch about other people thinking about it - until 12 days before. No decorations. No shopping. No fruit mince pies.

CHRISTMAS DOES NOT FUCKING EXIST UNTIL 13 DECEMBER.

... Not literally.

Well, on your wallet anyway.

'Cause that'd be rocking.

Oh, and speaking of wallets and money, Daniel, you still owe me for the second night's ticket!

I've noticed you multiquoting more since you did all those superthread stats. Bit confronting, was it? :wink:

... you could perhaps say that. Plus I don't think my use of it slows down the thread at all, since I post so fucking much even when I do use it!

Ah, see, I don't even THINK about Christmas - except to bitch about other people thinking about it - until 12 days before. No decorations. No shopping. No fruit mince pies.

CHRISTMAS DOES NOT FUCKING EXIST UNTIL 13 DECEMBER.

I bet you'd change your tune if you could only go shopping outside of business hours. Especially if you had to try and find a car park at Chadstone.

:crack:

FYI - never ever EVER go to Chaddy on Xmas Eve. Just DON'T. I have never seen so many people jammed into an enclosed space, and I was GA at U2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom