Coca Cola, Colón, Panama, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know! U2.com e-mailed subscribers about the presale roughly SIX HOURS before it happened. I'm sure heaps of people missed out simply because they didn't hop online before work. Absolutely ridiculous.
I knew there was a reason I've never joined U2.com :lol:

So this tour is all stadiums? Yuck. I fuckin fuckin fuckin HATE stadium shows.

Are you guys all going GA?
As far as I know I am! The amsterdam tickets are all GA, and for Dublin I'd prefer GA too.
I don't see the use of getting seats when you're going to be standing all night anyway!

I knew there was a reason I've never joined U2.com :lol:

So this tour is all stadiums? Yuck. I fuckin fuckin fuckin HATE stadium shows.

Yep, despite its name the Amsterdam ArenA is a stadium. Why do you hate them so much?

Damn, fried rice is so awesome, it's even tasty when cold!

Bye Renato! :wave:

:shifty:

Well, Ax is pimping it up. The three of us will probably even share a house on two of the european locations !:ohmy:

:mac:

Haha. I pimped it up in the US in 2005, now in Europe in 2009. There's this hilarious picture from 2005 ... I'll PM you the link as I shouldn't post it publicly.

Shush you. I thought we had a clear deal that we're not telling anyone! :angry: If you keep telling people I'll kick you out of my bed. :madwife:

I'll be good! :uhoh:

Bye Renato! :wave:

Haha. I pimped it up in the US in 2005, now in Europe in 2009. There's this hilarious picture from 2005 ... I'll PM you the link as I shouldn't post it publicly.

I'll be good! :uhoh:
:ohmy: Please do!

:mac: Yes you will, but I won't.

And I think it's now official. U2 has a new drummer, and it's either a clone or animatron. This is NOT Larry Mullen Jr. as we know him. Yesterday the band was in LA, and he's come out to sign stuff and TALK and take pics with fans.

:hmm: true. That's the most useless poster though, and really annoying me.

Hi btw. :wave:

As far as I know I am! The amsterdam tickets are all GA, and for Dublin I'd prefer GA too.
I don't see the use of getting seats when you're going to be standing all night anyway!

Yep, despite its name the Amsterdam ArenA is a stadium. Why do you hate them so much?

Damn, fried rice is so awesome, it's even tasty when cold!
Have you ever done a stadium show??? You will know why they're the devil's spawn when you've done an outdoor stadium show!!!!!

5 U2 tours I've seen, 4 stadium tours. They all suck.

I've seen U2 in stadiums and arenas. Up close, I think it makes precious little difference. Either way, I think the venue's too big, but then I don't like anything more than theatres of about ~2,000 capacity. Clubs holding ~500 are ideal.

I've seen U2 in stadiums and arenas. Up close, I think it makes precious little difference. Either way, I think the venue's too big, but then I don't like anything more than theatres of about ~2,000 capacity. Clubs holding ~500 are ideal.

*wishes U2 would play the Forum Theatre*

Have you ever done a stadium show??? You will know why they're the devil's spawn when you've done an outdoor stadium show!!!!!

5 U2 tours I've seen, 4 stadium tours. They all suck.

:reject: I've never been to a concert in my life. I fail, I know. I just wanted to save the experience for U2 and last time I missed out on tickets.

We only have outdoor stadiums here, so I will probably never know how an arena show is like! What's the huge difference?

See, that's the point: "up close".

Up close, you either have to spend all day in line, eating and drinking goes out the window cos God forbid you need to go to the loo and lose your place either in the queue or down the front, and then you almost pass out from lack of food and drink, or almost get crushed to death by the rabid hordes behind you.

Or you fork out spondooliks by the truckload to get a decent seat somewhere near the front.

Disclaimer: all the above has happened to me.

The only thing that will make Footy Park enjoyable is a large quantity of explosives....

I affiliate it with childhood pilgrimages from Yorkes to see the Eagles play the Crows or Power, so being there has a certain nostalgic quality. Granted, I like the stadium more than the people that usually go there!

I've said it before, the soccer/football stadium I saw a gig at was almost exactly the same size as an areana, I would not be against shows at venues of that size :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom