Coachella 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
discothequeLP said:
oh shit. . . ARCTIC MONKEYS. anybody who takes a pee break during their set can just piss off.

I Bet You Sound Better in a Toilet Bowl.

They really, really, really suck.

They're the UK import version of Nickelback.

joyfulgirl said:
:up: No way I can do the tent thing. I don't think I could even do the fancy RV thing, mostly out of embarrassment, lol.

Hey, joyful, are you going this year?

So, Coachella gets the Klaxons and Arcade Fire. Hopefully, complete US tours are going to happen for both acts.

Just makes me more anxious for the Bonnaroo lineup which comes on 2-14.

I wonder how much overlap there will be this time.

best,
Anu

Man, I think I'm going to completely blow any money I might have saved this past year and go to either this or Bonnaroo. It's actually much more likely I'd be able to make it to Bonnaroo since a good friend of mine might be going...that and Tennessee is much closer than California. But really it all depends on the lineup. If Bonnaroo looks half as good as it did last year, then that's it for me. But man...Coachella '07 :drool:

Anu said:

Just makes me more anxious for the Bonnaroo lineup which comes on 2-14.

That's a lot sooner than I thought. That's good, because I really want to road trip it but wouldn't do it for a Coachella-esque lineup. The sooner I know the better.

ACL's lineup is announcing in May. :angry:

Come on, you know with a bunch of friends and a healthy dose of alcohol that fake lineup would be an absolute blast.

And you know the Arctic Monkeys will be on that one in a couple of years.

I've decided that Radiohead is the only thing that could ever get me to a festival so if I didn't go to Coachella or Bonnaroo when Radiohead played I doubt I'll make it to any festival.

The thing I hate about festivals, besides the crowds and the potentially bad weather and drunk people, is the fact that you don't get any one artist's fans all in the same place. The thing that makes a live show great is that most of the time the only people in the audience are the artist's fans whereas at a festival you get a hodge podge of fans and people who are just checking something out but not all that into it because they came to the festival to see somebody else. The clips I saw, for example, of Sigur Ros' performance at Coachella was so depressing--people talking and not paying attention. I would have hated it. Plus outdoor shows in general are disappointing to me. The outdoor Radiohead show I saw last year was so disappointing because of the venue, the sound that went wherever the wind blew, and the kind of energy that outdoor venues attract. :shrug:

So I guess I could have just said no instead of going into a diatribe, lol.

:ohmy:

:heart: The Good The Bad And the Queen :heart:

Klaxons... I'm starting to love this band... I hope I have the oportunity to see them this year. Love the Kaisers too! It's a guilty pleasure :wink:

And I'm not even going to talk about Arcade Fire...

There's two fantastic days (28 and 29) though Interpol are great too and it's on Friday...

This bill is unreal.

It seems to me Coachella always has the best lineup of all the music festivals. I hope to make it to one sometime.

Anyone want to buy me airfare to SoCal? :(

FYI, here are the Bonnaroo artists:

The Police • Tool • Widespread Panic • The White Stripes • Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals • Wilco • The Flaming Lips • MANU CHAO Radio Bemba Sound System • The String Cheese Incident • Franz Ferdinand • Bob Weir & Ratdog • Damien Rice • Ween • Gov't Mule • Ziggy Marley • The Decemberists • The Roots • Kings of Leon • Michael Franti and Spearhead • Wolfmother • Regina Spektor • The Black Keys • Galactic • DJ Shadow • Gillian Welch • Spoon • Keller Williams (WMD'S) • Sasha & John Digweed • STS9 • Old Crow Medicine Show • The Hold Steady • Lily Allen • North Mississippi Allstars • Fountains Of Wayne • Hot Tuna • Feist • Hot Chip • John Butler Trio • Ralph Stanley & the Clinch Mountain Boys • Aesop Rock • The Richard Thompson Band • Dierks Bentley • James Blood Ulmer • Xavier Rudd • Gogol Bordello • Junior Brown • Tortoise • T-Bone Burnett • Mavis Staples • Clutch • Cold War Kids • Dr. Dog • Paolo Nutini • Brazilian Girls • RX Bandits • The Nightwatchman • The Slip • Girl Talk • Railroad Earth • Martha Wainwright • Rodrigo y Gabriela • Annuals • Tea Leaf Green • Sam Roberts Band • Elvis Perkins in Dearland • Charlie Louvin • Sonya Kitchell • The Wild Magnolia Mardi Gras Indians • Mute Math • Apollo Sunshine • Uncle Earl • The National • The Little Ones • Black Angels • Ryan Shaw

In the comedy tent:
Lewis Black & Friends • Dave Attell • David Cross

Re: I suck

Lila64 said:

Saw RATM open for U2 in Vegas in '97.
:drool: :combust: :faint: Would've loved to have seen that and go to Coachella and Bonnaroo, although Coachella is about 1500 miles from me, Music festivals are definitely fun, but I've only been to one :| so I'm no expert.

Not doing the festival - I've done my fair share in the past (ie: 80s). I am going to Crowded House tomorrow. It's a warm-up show for Coachella this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom