Coachella '08 (rumored leaks so far . . . )

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FitzChivalry

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
At the bottom of the ocean, in the deepest sea
I doubt any of these would be headliners, but these are who I heard were being confirmed as of now:

The Breeders
Death Cab for Cutie
Goldfrapp
Spiritualized
Cold War Kids
Kid Sister
Sia
Hot Chip
VHS or Beta
Rabbit in the Moon
Dwight Yoakam
Heidi Vogel & The Cinematic Orchestra
Autolux
Markus Schulz
Simian Mobile Disco
Austin TV
Chromeo
Dredg
Kavinsky
Islands
Sons & Daughters
Animal Collective
Electric Touch
Duffy
Akron/Family

Dredg :drool:

damn coachella for being way the fuck not where I live

if Rage plays it again though, I will find a way to go

:tsk: Austin TV

they're mexican, but for some reason I hate them... I don't use to hate bands, but I hate this one

Well, even if that's true, it's like 1/4 of the actual lineup. I've heard of ten of them, but Death Cab is the only one I'm into.

I used to want to go to Coachella really badly, but I'm satisfied with ACL. The fact that it's only two miles away is a plus. I'm still going to try for Bonnaroo this year, though.

impy13 said:
Well, even if that's true, it's like 1/4 of the actual lineup.

Exactly. Last year was the first year they extended it to 3 days. And they're doing the same thing this year . . . so that list is nowhere near complete.

Like I said - rumored leaks.

I'm sure more exciting leaks will begin appearing over the next few weeks.

LemonMelon said:
9 for me. :rockon:

And I don't really like any of them. :slant:

Nine for me too, though I only care for Dredg and the occasional Autolux song.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee arahhhhhhhhhhhhh, your friendsssssssssssssssssss

Yeah, the only one out of those i am interested in actually piques my interest only because Justice did a remix of one of their songs that turned out to be much better than the original. Justice should remix everything. Hell, Justice should remix my life.

Last edited:
^We are Your Friends was done by Simian, not Simian Mobile Disco...that said, Simian Mobile Disco was formed by two of the guys from Simian, but Mobile Disco are a dance/electronica outfit, rather than a guitar band....

Simian Mobile Disco, personally released the better album last year compared to Justice, even though I also love Justices.

Duffy is being much touted over here, a Welsh soul singer I guess she would be described as. She did a pretty great performance on Jools Holland a few weeks back. Over all I know about 12 of those groups.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I think they unveil the big names later on. Or something.

Yeah, that's usually how it goes.

And I actually haven't heard a single song by either of the bands I mentioned, only heard the names before (Death Cab and Dwight Yoakam, for the record). Coachella usually gets some great headliners, though, so I expect the festival's going to redeem itself.

Even if this were the lineup plus one or two "big" bands, I still want to go. Coachella :drool:

Roger Waters
The Verve
Portishead
Kraftwerk
Raconteurs
Jack Johnson
Death Cab for Cutie
My Morning Jacket
Love and Rockets
Justice
M.I.A.
The Breeders
Rilo Kiley
Sasha & Digweed
Café Tacuba
Fatboy Slim

Newsconference right now, I'm really excited to see Roger Waters again, but I have to say that in general I'm dissapointed with the headliners, still no complete list

Mofo said:
Roger Waters
The Verve
Portishead
Kraftwerk
Raconteurs
Jack Johnson
Death Cab for Cutie
My Morning Jacket
Love and Rockets
Justice
M.I.A.
The Breeders
Rilo Kiley
Sasha & Digweed
Café Tacuba
Fatboy Slim

Newsconference right now, I'm really excited to see Roger Waters again, but I have to say that in general I'm dissapointed with the headliners, still no complete list

meh...don't think that would be enough to get me to travel across the US.

The new additions aren't too bad. MMJ, Verve, Roger Waters and Portishead are a nice start.

mainPoster.jpg

Jack Johnson as a headliner?

Here's to hoping ACL's lineup is better.

impy13 said:
Jack Johnson as a headliner?

Here's to hoping ACL's lineup is better.

What kind of bullshit is that?!

Jack fucking Johnson? Is that supposed to be indie?

How insulting to The Verve. They're going to blow every band off the stage that weekend.

Back
Top Bottom