CNNSI's Sports Quotes of the Year

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
"I have never used steroids. Period."
-- Rafael Palmeiro when testifying at a March 17 hearing on steroids. Less than two months later, Palmeiro tested positive for the anabolic steroid stanozolol and received a 10-day ban from baseball.

"I decided to cover all angles. I sent him chocolate-covered prunes and a box of Depends."
-- Clemson coach Tommy Bowden on wishing a happy birthday to his father, 76-year-old Florida State coach Bobby Bowden

"They claim to be first class and the best organization. It's an embarrassment. It just shows a lack of class they have."
-- Terrell Owens, complaining that the Eagles did not publicly recognize his 100th career TD catch in an Oct. 23 home game against the Chargers. That and comments about the team's QB situation led to the Eagles suspending T.O.

"That kid grew up so far out in the country, he had to go toward town to hunt."
-- Cowboys coach Bill Parcells on rookie defensive end Demarcus Ware, who's from Alabama

"I don't care if you found out that he has a jet engine in his anus. He's the best that's ever been. Leave it alone."
-- Daily Show host Jon Stewart, coming to the defense of cyclist Lance Armstrong after a French newspaper reported that the Texan used illegal drugs in the first of his seven consecutive Tour de France victories

"So far, the hardest part has been trying to come up with something that rhymes with Urlacher."
-- Country music star Tim McGraw, on reworking the lyrics to his hit I Like It, I Love It to coincide with the Monday Night Football halftime highlight reel

"Because there are no fours."
-- NBA long-range gunner Antoine Walker when asked why he shoots so many threes

"There will be no more fighting in my house over what shoes my kids are going to wear."
-- Tennis star Andre Agassi after switching his sneaker endorsement from Nike to Adidas. Agassi's wife Steffi Graf is a long-time Adidas wearer.

"You know why I like talking to corporate America? It looks good on a parole application."
-- Golf broadcaster (and funnyman) David Feherty on his numerous corporate golf outings

"I have spent all summer sewing collars on my tie-dyed T-shirts."
-- Bill Walton, broadcaster and former NBA star, on the league's new dress code

"This might be the only race in the series where it takes longer to say the race name than it does to run the whole 250 miles."
-- NASCAR Busch series driver Stanton Barrett on the ITT Industries, Systems Division and Goulds Pumps Salute to the Trops 250 Presented by Dodge

"Philosophical differences? Well, Pop likes wine, and I drink beer. That's about it."
-- Spurs GM R.C. Buford on his relationship with head coach Gregg Popovich

"Therapy can be a good thing; it can be therapeutic."
-- Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez on the benefits of seeing a, well, therapist

"Most teams have a trophy case full of trophies. We have a case filled with Ping-Pong balls."
-- Orlando Magic senior VP Pat Williams, whose team has won the NBA draft lottery three times since 1992

"My wiener has never been so exhausted."
-- NASCAR's Kurt Busch after outlasting three other drivers to win the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile race at Lowe's Motor Speedway

"I've had to overcome a lot of diversity."
-- Cavaliers forward Drew Gooden on the ups and downs of his NBA career

"He goes down when the air conditioning comes on."
-- Sacramento Kings coach Rick Adelman, complaining that Sonics forward Reggie Evans was flopping during their playoff series

"The only thing that keeps this organization from being recognized as one of the finest in baseball is wins and losses at the major league level."
-- Devil Rays GM Chuck Lamar on his team

"It's a humbling thing being humble."
-- Former Ohio State running back Maurice Clarett on seeing his stock drop as the 2005 NFL draft was approaching. The Broncos selected Clarett in the third round but eventually released him

"When you can get a discount at Denny's, it's time to retire."
-- Charles Barkley, discussing the retirement of 41-year-old Karl Malone

Headache in a Suitcase said:

"I have spent all summer sewing collars on my tie-dyed T-shirts."
-- Bill Walton, broadcaster and former NBA star, on the league's new dress code
Classic

"Therapy can be a good thing; it can be therapeutic."
-- Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez on the benefits of seeing a, well, therapist
Rocket Scientist

"When you can get a discount at Denny's, it's time to retire."
-- Charles Barkley, discussing the retirement of 41-year-old Karl Malone
Gotta love Tub

Good for Drew. Otherwise, he might have faded into Bolivian.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

"The only thing that keeps this organization from being recognized as one of the finest in baseball is wins and losses at the major league level."
-- Devil Rays GM Chuck Lamar on his team

Hilarious

Back
Top Bottom