CNN Reports: Charlton Heston has symptoms consistent with Alzheimer's - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-10-2002, 02:35 AM   #16
Kid A

Local Time: 05:42 AM
oh well, that's a pathetic statement, but what do I care, gun-related... haha, what a term

Old 08-10-2002, 02:46 AM   #17
She wore graaaapes

Local Time: 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by HelloAngel
Just reported on CNN:

Actor Charlton Heston says he has symptoms consistent with Alzheimer's and is saying so now because he may not be able to later. Full story soon.

Karma?
My Mom has Alzheimer's and I'm pretty sure she's never touched a gun in her entire life!

It's a horrible disease regardless of who has it or whether you agree with their opinions.

Old 08-10-2002, 03:16 AM   #18
War Child

Local Time: 02:42 AM
Quote:
gun-related... haha, what a term
*rolls eyes*

Cute, attacking language, not ideas.
Old 08-10-2002, 03:24 AM   #19
Kid A

I'm laughing because it's incredibly vague and generalized, and surely you realize that most crime and/or "gun-related" deaths in this country have nothing to do with the NRA and its members?
Old 08-10-2002, 04:59 AM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eyes
I agree with Khanada and wanderer

While I may not agree with his views on guns....

NOBODY should have to die like this.....slowly losing your memories, having your brain slowly rot away is a painful thing to see a loved one go through. My Grandfather died from it several years ago...but he lived with it for about ten years. It was horrible when I would go visit him and he would not know me, or think I was someone he didn't like and yell at me. I knew it was just the illness, but it hurt to see him act like this. There is nothing worse than withering and wasting away until there was nothing left of his mind.

I think in terms of Charlton and Karma....it would have been Karma if he had been accidently shot.
Old 08-10-2002, 12:44 PM   #21
you are what you is

Local Time: 11:42 AM
no, that would have been ironic
Alanis style
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 08-10-2002, 12:58 PM   #22
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:42 AM

Okay - first of all you guys - I said "karma" as a launching point in discussion.

Second of all - you don't know me, do not put words in my mouth.

Third of all, I had a grandfather die from Alzheimers and it was a profoundly sad and disturbing way to die.

I certainly do not believe Mr Heston or anyone deserves that disease nor do I believe it was karma.

Perhaps I should have clarified my news bullitin when I posted it. But in the future, please don't be so quick to jump on someone's case when they are just posting a news brief.

I post news for this board every day. Sometimes I will make a comment to facilitate discussion. That was no different than what I did here.

Once again, I apologize if I have offended any of you - but like I just wrote, in no way do I believe it was karma. I was just trying to facilitate discussion, not to have people who do not know me insult me and berate me.

I realize some of you, when discussing, put forth views that can be perceived as controversial, insulting, what have you. I am not one of those persons. I was not trying to be obnoxious or make a statement, so please stop insulting me.
Old 08-10-2002, 01:12 PM   #23
Kid A

HelloAngel, I'm sorry if I jump to conclusions, but the insinuation was that Mr Heston somehow got what he deserved, if you intended it to be purely "news" I suggest in the future avoiding innuendos and insinuations, regardless of whether they are really how you feel, could you imagine if Dan Rather came on the news and reported this story, and then looked straight into the camera and said, "karma?"

do you know what the fallout would be for his network and his career? sorry, I realize this is not World News Tonight, but I'm just clarifying my perspective!
Old 08-10-2002, 01:30 PM   #24
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:42 AM
Normal

Quote:
Originally posted by The Wanderer
HelloAngel, I'm sorry if I jump to conclusions, but the insinuation was that Mr Heston somehow got what he deserved, if you intended it to be purely "news" I suggest in the future avoiding innuendos and insinuations, regardless of whether they are really how you feel, could you imagine if Dan Rather came on the news and reported this story, and then looked straight into the camera and said, "karma?"

do you know what the fallout would be for his network and his career? sorry, I realize this is not World News Tonight, but I'm just clarifying my perspective!
I understand your perspective completely. And I was wrong for what I wrote as a possible insinuation.

Wanderer, please consider that you might have a person completely wrong in the future. I'm a really sweet girl whether some of you know me or not.

I will watch how I say/write things from now on - and I would advise alot of you to do the same. Everyone has feelings.
Old 08-10-2002, 01:35 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie

i knew someone would beat me to it, as i was about to post this myself....very sad news. The first thing i thought was "Moses has alzheimer's????" I've never been a huge Chuck Heston fan, but I admire him greatly for the roles he's played and the fact that he (pun intended) sticks to his GUNS on certain issues. He also wrote a very sweet book that was for his grandson, it made me tear up!

So sad when a person so vibrant is attacked by such a ravaging disease.....I feel for him and his family... *prayers*

Old 08-10-2002, 02:52 PM   #26
Kid A

I'm sorry HelloAngel, please accept my apology, we had a bit of a misunderstanding, again, I apologize for making assumptions (besides, it isn't you who is gleeful about someone else's misfortune)
Old 08-10-2002, 06:14 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eyes
Quote:
Originally posted by Salome
no, that would have been ironic
Alanis style
Yeah you are right...that's what I get for posting after just waking up

lol
Old 08-10-2002, 06:43 PM   #28
I serve MacPhisto

Local Time: 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MiniFly
By means of his unerring advocacy of the misinterpreted right to bear arms, Heston bears partial responsibility for every gun-related death, in my opinion.
Really?
So the planes that crashed into the WTC, Pentagon, and Pa are the fault of Boeing who made the airline then? Or the aircraft controller that cleared them for takeoff?

Quote:
You'd think that the NRA would be more interested in keeping guns under control and keeping people safe rather than giving gun owners free-liscence to do what they will with them.
Whats wrong with holding criminals responsible for their crimes??

Quote:
Alzheimer's is a bad way to go. I hope he has a pleasant rest-of-life, and I wish the best for his family.
Real nice, but doesn't make up for your rude comments about poetic justice earlier
Old 08-10-2002, 07:05 PM   #29
Banned

I certainly dont agree with a lot of things he's done either, but that is horrible news.
And imagine knowing that youve got it and are fully aware of what is going to happen to you and your family.
What hell.
I wish the people in a position to do something about this disease and others would get off their butss and get to work already.

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

^^ Life's a bitch, so i became one ^^
Old 08-10-2002, 07:30 PM   #30
BAW
The Flower

Quote:
Originally posted by MiniFly
Here be a link for y'all:

http://www.reuters.com/news_article....toryID=1312995

Wonder how many of the Ten Commandments ole Moses can remember..... Sorry, that was low, but I have no sympathy for the man.
I can't even believe I'm reading this. You can justify your comments any way you like but this is a horrible, very ugly thing to say. You need to look up the definition of "compassion" because you have none.