CNN: Michael Jackson Dangles Baby Out Window With One Arm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.cnn.com/2002/SHOWBIZ/11/19/jackson.baby.reut/index.html

Michael Jackson dangles baby out window
Tuesday, November 19, 2002 Posted: 2:52 PM EST (1952 GMT)

vert.jackson.baby.reut.jpg

Jackson held a baby for a moment over the railing of his fourth-floor hotel window in Berlin on Tuesday.

BERLIN, Germany (Reuters) -- Singer Michael Jackson briefly dangled a barefoot baby over the railing of his fourth-floor hotel window on Tuesday, providing a momentary if odd thriller for fans waiting on Berlin's central square below.

The "King of Pop" arrived in the German capital after three days of testimony last week in California in a $21 million lawsuit by a German promoter over cancelled concerts.

A crowd of screaming fans greeted the reclusive entertainer, in town to receive a lifetime achievement award at a ceremony on Thursday night, in front of the Adlon Hotel.

When he got up to his room, Jackson opened his window and held a light-skinned baby, a white towel over the tot's head, briefly over the metal railing. He held the baby with one hand.

Jackson also showed off another child who was about four or five years old. The child, whose face was also covered in white, waved to the crowd below.

A spokeswoman said Jackson was travelling with his children.

Jackson has three children, two by ex-wife Debbie Rowe, five-year-old son Prince Michael and four-year-old daughter Paris. He also has a baby who is less than one year old.

Jackson arrived to the hotel wearing a white surgical mask over his mouth and nose, but later removed it.

dear God, please help this man.

And how scary has that gotta be for the poor kid (other than having MJ for it's father)? Dangling unsupported is bad enough, but then to have a towel directly over it's face, that usually freaks out little babies too. :|

That is nuts.

Common sense should tell somebody that that is a stupid thing to do.

Way to live up to the "Wacko" nickname. :coocoo:

Imagine if the baby had slipped, the headline would have been "Jacko throws baby of 4th floor" This man has serious problems, Why cover the childs face with a towel?

I recently watched a documentry which showed Jacko with bandages covering all his head and a pair of sunglasses aparently he was in disguise so as not to draw attention to himself and to avoid detection from the waiting paparazzi????

hes totally flipped

urgh... he looks evil in that pic above. i didn't quote because it would be scarring for people to see his face to many times.... :|

How does he never fail to shock us all over again?

I can't believe there are people who still defend the guy.

I wish that stunt could get the kids taken away from him...

THIS pic disturbs me the most....

0,,2002531141,00.gif

Theres something about the whole pic...........gawd forgive me for sayin but its like seeing cruel treatment of a child.....the way his wee legs are hittin the balcony bars and it looks like hes being suffocated and his arms are waving about in a 'helpless' mode..........sorry anyone to annoy u me sayin that, but its true, its just, the pic really does disturb me!

:no:

unhappy with it.........its just a vision of Child Abuse to me.........

*hides*

:reject:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...id=638&u=/nm/20021120/en_nm/people_jackson_dc

BERLIN (Reuters) - Superstar Michael Jackson (news) apologized on Wednesday for dangling his baby son from the railing of his fourth-floor hotel window in Berlin, where he took his children to the zoo and other tourist attractions.

"I offer no excuses for what happened. I made a terrible mistake. I got caught up in the excitement of the moment. I would never intentionally endanger the lives of my children," Jackson said in a statement issued in Los Angeles.

The statement said Jackson showed his new son to thousands of fans gathered outside his Berlin hotel window on Tuesday "in response to some fans' request to see Michael's new son."

German newspapers castigated Jackson for holding the child outside the window of the Adlon Hotel on Tuesday evening. The five-star hotel said it had received numerous calls from people outraged by television images of the dangerous stunt.

"I was shocked at what I saw," psychic Uri Geller, a close friend of Jackson, told Reuters in London.

"Michael was under tremendous emotional pressure and he was jet-lagged. It was a mistake. He wasn't thinking. He is a great father. He is an incredibly loving dad."

Jackson had arrived in the German capital just hours earlier after three days of testimony last week in California in a $21 million lawsuit by a German promoter over canceled concerts.

what would he have done if that baby fell? "Oops, sorry, I was jetlagged." :mad:

mad1 said:
THIS pic disturbs me the most....

0,,2002531141,00.gif

Theres something about the whole pic...........gawd forgive me for sayin but its like seeing cruel treatment of a child.....the way his wee legs are hittin the balcony bars and it looks like hes being suffocated and his arms are waving about in a 'helpless' mode..........sorry anyone to annoy u me sayin that, but its true, its just, the pic really does disturb me!

:no:

unhappy with it.........its just a vision of Child Abuse to me.........

*hides*

:reject:

Don't be sorry Maddie...I think most people will agree with you. The poor baby was probably terrified with his "dad" hanging him over a balcony and all the people screaming below. You can see in his body language that he's scared. :(

Back
Top Bottom