CN Tower, Toronto, ON, CA Superthread (like a penis stabbing the heavens, m'boys!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care how much the ending probably shoud've turned my off of the film, watching Stranger Than Fiction a second time was an amazing experience. The first time I saw it (back when it was in theaters) was at the height of my love for Will Ferrell, and also when I started to get serious about movies, and I wanted the movie to be perfect, and didn't expect it to be. And I think I got so caught up in that that it spoiled the film for me. I liked it, but I felt like I shouldn't. I just now finally saw it again, and I don't know why the fuck I let things like that get to me. That is one truly beautiful film.

Ah, so his is bigger than yours?

My cock has to be kept on a leesh.

giant%20chicken.jpg

So, I'm watching the quarter-finals of the women's handball at the Olympics. God, this is a fucking nuts sport. We need more of it.

And it reminds me of an entirely different handball, aka four square, that we'd play at primary school. I feel nostalgic for that. It's one of the few things I have good memories about from Aussie primary school.

A sign I'm from the US: I have only watched 5 minutes of Olympics.

I don't care how much the ending probably shoud've turned my off of the film, watching Stranger Than Fiction a second time was an amazing experience. The first time I saw it (back when it was in theaters) was at the height of my love for Will Ferrell, and also when I started to get serious about movies, and I wanted the movie to be perfect, and didn't expect it to be. And I think I got so caught up in that that it spoiled the film for me. I liked it, but I felt like I shouldn't. I just now finally saw it again, and I don't know why the fuck I let things like that get to me. That is one truly beautiful film.
aww yay. i'm glad to hear you were able to enjoy it this time round.

and thanks, you reminded me i need to watch my fucking netflix dvds already!

Also, the one day I randomly put on my HTDAAB t-shirt that I never wear nowadays, and Channel 7 decides to use OOTS as the music to lead into/out of ad breaks.

I get too busy catching up on all the music I have to listen to to watch movies I need to watch. Next on my list: Raging Bull and Mean Streets.

A sign I'm from the US: I have only watched 5 minutes of Olympics.

Heh, I probably only watched about 5 minutes of the Athens Olympics. But my non-enjoyment of music right now combined with the fact there's nothing else on TV has turned me into an Olympics junkie.

Also, the one day I randomly put on my HTDAAB t-shirt that I never wear nowadays, and Channel 7 decides to use OOTS as the music to lead into/out of ad breaks.

I wonder: am I the only one here who doesn't have a U2 shirt?

Heh, I probably only watched about 5 minutes of the Athens Olympics. But my non-enjoyment of music right now combined with the fact there's nothing else on TV has turned me into an Olympics junkie.

Ahhh. I watched a bit of womens diving whilst preparing for my engagement party the other day. I played croquet at it.

:lol: i've watched a couple hours. though it was funny, i was at a bar and it was on, then hours later i came home and turned it on and it was the same freaking thing i'd seen earlier that day. :|

:lol:

I've had that happen. I'll watch whatever SBS is showing, then a couple of hours later, I'll flick over to 7 to see what they've got on ... and it's a replay of something that happened yesterday. And today's coverage started with 30 minutes of replays from last night, which I found especially odd as it wasn't even footage of Australians winning anything!

:lol:

I've had that happen. I'll watch whatever SBS is showing, then a couple of hours later, I'll flick over to 7 to see what they've got on ... and it's a replay of something that happened yesterday. And today's coverage started with 30 minutes of replays from last night, which I found especially odd as it wasn't even footage of Australians winning anything!
:lol: that is weird! at least i got to see something interesting: it was the women's marathon. damn.

Yes, you terrible heathen. I have three, though the only one I wear regularly is the Joshua Tree one.

The guy who is gonna be my best man and only likes The Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby has 2 U2 shirts. :lol:

Bands I have t-shirts of:

MuteMath
Weezer (2)
Jimmy Eat World
Loudermilk
Gosling (3)
The Beatles (2)
Common Heroes (2)
New American Standard
Oasis (2)

I think that's all.

I need more band shirts. Besides my three U2 shirts, the only band shirt I have is a Porcupine Tree one. I would've bought a Dream Theater one at their concert in January, but they were all shitty ones based on Systematic Chaos. If they'd had some classic ones, like of Images And Words or whatever, I totally would've bought one.

Anyway, about the Superthreads ending, weren't you afraid, Ax, that they were gonna end when I left due to my dislike of certain folk?

Bands I have t-shirts of:

MuteMath
Weezer (2)
Jimmy Eat World
Loudermilk
Gosling (3)
The Beatles (2)
Common Heroes (2)
New American Standard
Oasis (2)

I think that's all.
i have:

- three U2 shirts
- five (i think?) duran duran shirts
- two stimulator shirts
- one vhs or beta shirt
- two or three john mayer ones
- guster
- cake (though i'm not sure i still have it)
- one crowded house shirt
- csn shirt
- ewf shirt

i think that's all.

I need more band shirts. Besides my three U2 shirts, the only band shirt I have is a Porcupine Tree one. I would've bought a Dream Theater one at their concert in January, but they were all shitty ones based on Systematic Chaos. If they'd had some classic ones, like of Images And Words or whatever, I totally would've bought one.

I've decided most band shirts suck. I want a Pink Floyd one and a Led Zeppelin one at some point. As you can see from some of my artists, some of those shirts are from pre 2000.

aww yay. i'm glad to hear you were able to enjoy it this time round.

and thanks, you reminded me i need to watch my fucking netflix dvds already!

Have you seen it? It's just...it's something special I guess. I just wish Will would do something like it again. I'm tired of the slapstick. His movies are funny, but I saw something in him in this that could be so much greater, if he'd stop getting so caught up in all this Apatow crap. :sigh:

have you tried looking online?

Anyway, about the Superthreads ending, weren't you afraid, Ax, that they were gonna end when I left due to my dislike of certain folk?

I think when that happened, I was less fearful of Superthread death and more surprised that there was the dislike in the first place!

- one crowded house shirt

Oh, that's right, I was totally going to buy a Crowdies shirt last year, but all of the Time On Earth designs looked horrible! At least the Dream Theater shirts I passed on looked good - I just despise Systematic Chaos, so I wouldn't want to wear a shirt for it, no matter how good it looks.

have you tried looking online?

Nah, I'm lazy and stingy. But I probably will sometime soon, since I find buying shirts at concerts to be inconvenient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom