CN Tower, Toronto, ON, CA Superthread (like a penis stabbing the heavens, m'boys!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hitler thing is from Downfall, which was released a few years back - 02, 03 or so? It was pretty acclaimed.

And that meme is hilarious.

Oh, so that would explain why the DT video was named "The Downfall of Dream Theater in Perth". Unfortunately, since the original was taken off YouTube, all that's left is footage of it actually being played at the concert, with the subtitles mostly illegible. :(

Where the fuck did my post go?

:mad:

Anyway, the Hawks were gonna merge with the Demons at one point, but things obviously turned around for the Hawks at least.

Time to wash the fucking dishes. :grumpy:

I am a bad bad influence on my little brother, showing him clips from Step brothers and such.

Well, there's still the possibility of the Hawks going Tassie way, but the way they are now, it's looking less likely.

Yeah, if they keep up their current level of play, I really can't see them merging or moving.

Probably the Demons and the Kangaroos are the two teams most on the brink, wouldn't you say?

So, I'm watching the men's high bar finals in the gymnastics, and just as I'm thinking how impressive it is that these guys manage to do those flips above the bar and successfully catch the damn thing again, the poor bloke I'm watching takes a fall!

So, I'm watching the men's high bar finals in the gymnastics, and just as I'm thinking how impressive it is that these guys manage to do those flips above the bar and successfully catch the damn thing again, the poor bloke I'm watching takes a fall!

You seriously owe him an apology :tsk:

Yeah, if they keep up their current level of play, I really can't see them merging or moving.

Probably the Demons and the Kangaroos are the two teams most on the brink, wouldn't you say?

Well, the Kangaroos were going to be the Gold Coast, and only now is it completely decided for a whole new team. And currently, they're playing very well, like the Hawks, so I think they're safe.

Melbourne, however... ah, poor dears. You never know.

Well, the Kangaroos were going to be the Gold Coast, and only now is it completely decided for a whole new team. And currently, they're playing very well, like the Hawks, so I think they're safe.

Melbourne, however... ah, poor dears. You never know.

I don't think the Gold Coast was ever really quite willing to embrace the Kangaroos as its own anyway, so that possible move was pretty doomed from the start.

Yeah, what's to be done with the poor Demons? No team can keep being this shit without either 1. finally improving or 2. collapsing entirely.

Yeah, what's to be done with the poor Demons? No team can keep being this shit without either 1. finally improving or 2. collapsing entirely.

Well, the form won't last... like I said, they're still not as bad as Fitzroy were in their last years. But if they drop/merge, the reasons will be related to money moreso than performance.

On a note everyone can enjoy, was the shirt that Bono wore at the 82 Werchter festival the stupidest fucking thing of all time?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOaC-KNeXXs

Well, the form won't last... like I said, they're still not as bad as Fitzroy were in their last years. But if they drop/merge, the reasons will be related to money moreso than performance.

On a note everyone can enjoy, was the shirt that Bono wore at the 82 Werchter festival the stupidest fucking thing of all time?

Wow, Fitzroy were even worse? God, that must have been dismal to watch.

Hah, that's a shocker, though I'm pretty sure there are some other shirts from that era that may have been worse!

I also love "the next time you're in Dublin, ask for me!" Why ask? Just look for the worst dressed man in the city ...

Woah, abortion's still illegal in Victoria? The news just announced that "a controversial bill to decriminalise abortion was tabled in state parliament today."

I had no idea. I assumed it was legal, since we don't have the religious social conservative movement the US does and all that.

Woah, abortion's still illegal in Victoria? The news just announced that "a controversial bill to decriminalise abortion was tabled in state parliament today."

I had no idea. I assumed it was legal, since we don't have the religious social conservative movement the US does and all that.

Wow, I just read that the ACT is the only place in Australia where it's legal on request. What the fuck?

Speaking of legit stuff, I went to that place I told you about once, where they sell different legal herbs and such for medicinal/leisure purposes to smoke, drink, whatever. I went there today because there was a big sign saying that it was the last days of selling a particular product, as it was going to be banned soon. I inquired about this (buying a few roots of it in the process) and apparently the only reason is because it's to be marketed by big budget pharmacies in pill form. The owner was really pissed off about this, not so much for the fact that it's taking money away from him, but also because this particular plant has been used by Fijians for centuries in a certain drinking ritual and that to be a part of it is really something. There's no tribal ritual in popping pills.

Wow, Fitzroy were even worse? God, that must have been dismal to watch.

Hah, that's a shocker, though I'm pretty sure there are some other shirts from that era that may have been worse!

I also love "the next time you're in Dublin, ask for me!" Why ask? Just look for the worst dressed man in the city ...

Yeah, I think the last game they played at their home ground, they got demolished by over a hundred points... and I think it was by Fremantle. Or someone else not very good. But their fans still ran out onto the fields afterwards, it must have been very sad. I do get attached to football clubs, afraid to say. :wink:

There are a few, like that planet one from the Get it Together (?) performance. But that one is just a real joke, it doesn't even cover his full torso and it looks wanktacular.

Wow, I just read that the ACT is the only place in Australia where it's legal on request. What the fuck?

Speaking of legit stuff, I went to that place I told you about once, where they sell different legal herbs and such for medicinal/leisure purposes to smoke, drink, whatever. I went there today because there was a big sign saying that it was the last days of selling a particular product, as it was going to be banned soon. I inquired about this (buying a few roots of it in the process) and apparently the only reason is because it's to be marketed by big budget pharmacies in pill form. The owner was really pissed off about this, not so much for the fact that it's taking money away from him, but also because this particular plant has been used by Fijians for centuries in a certain drinking ritual and that to be a part of it is really something. There's no tribal ritual in popping pills.

Woah, only in the ACT? That really surprises me. I don't know quite how I feel about abortion, it's a fucking difficult issue, but I really thought it was more broadly legal in Australia.

And that's just fucking lame, and it goes to show the power of the big pharmaceutical companies. :down:

Yeah, I think the last game they played at their home ground, they got demolished by over a hundred points... and I think it was by Fremantle. Or someone else not very good. But their fans still ran out onto the fields afterwards, it must have been very sad. I do get attached to football clubs, afraid to say. :wink:

There are a few, like that planet one from the Get it Together (?) performance. But that one is just a real joke, it doesn't even cover his full torso and it looks wanktacular.

Wow, that's embarrassing. I must admit, I'd be very tempted to support the Lions if they weren't Brisbane! As it stands, I'll claim Fitzroy as my second team. :wink:

Haha, yeah, it's a shocker. Some of Adam's fashion from the same time is pretty bad too, like his sweaters that look as if they were knitted by a blind grandmother.

:sigh:

Wow, 28 views overnight but not one reply to my plea for help in ZC. Maybe there really aren't any options

Woah, only in the ACT? That really surprises me. I don't know quite how I feel about abortion, it's a fucking difficult issue, but I really thought it was more broadly legal in Australia.

And that's just fucking lame, and it goes to show the power of the big pharmaceutical companies. :down:

Yeah, I was surprised. In fact, South Australia is more liberal with abortion than Victoria, so you can stick that in your pipe-to-be and smoke it. :wink: I'm pro-choice, but obviously there's more to it than just stating your stance.

No kidding. Boy, they don't have to take away anything competing with their damn pills.

Wow, that's embarrassing. I must admit, I'd be very tempted to support the Lions if they weren't Brisbane! As it stands, I'll claim Fitzroy as my second team. :wink:

Haha, yeah, it's a shocker. Some of Adam's fashion from the same time is pretty bad too, like his sweaters that look as if they were knitted by a blind grandmother.

We'll wait for a Wellington team, eh? :wink:

Yeah, they were pretty horrendous. I think Larry was probably the only one who didn't look like an utter fool most of the time, just because he stuck to singlets and denim and Harley Davidson gear all the time. Which is still dumb, but nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom