Clothing sucketh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MonaVox

Rock n' Roll Doggie
[color=royal blue]*TIME TO RANT*

Please don't tell me I'm the only one fed up with the clothing they sell fer girls these days. And I'm not even the parent of one. I AM A TEENAGE GIRL and I cannot STAND like 95% of what is sold. :madspit:

Am I the only 17 yr old on the face of this planet who does NOT want to be constantly adjusting her clothing every 2 seconds? What they call the Juniors' section in stores is just recockulous. I could buy a large shirt and it would still be too small. And I'm not even a huge person! At all! Then mom's like OK well why don't we try like the regular womens' section. Nnnoo everything there is weird and too big fer me or ugly or all three....

I am going to put my head through a window now. I'll be the one wearing a paper bag :mad:

PLEASE someone else must understand this. I'm gonna start sewing my own clothes, I swear.

*kick*
[/color]

YES. :mad: I agree completely. Everything is tiny, trashy or ugly (or all three). :rolleyes: It is so irritating. I can't ever find any clothes I like, and what clothes I DO like is usually at Hot Topic, so naturally it's too small if it isn't one of those XXXXXXXXL size t-shirts. :p Oh, and I forgot to mention my personal problem.. I know I can't be the only person out there who has a fairly slim waist but has a *cough* big chest. ARRGH. I have to get large size t-shirts when I could be getting small, and it makes me look a lot worse than I already do, and a lot shorter as well.

Last edited:
I completely know what you mean. I have pretty much stopped shopping in juniors' departments because so many junior styles are...well...slutty. I'm nineteen and not at all what you'd call conservative, but I just wouldn't go out in public in some of that stuff.

And I have the problem of being small-boned and fairly slender, but being very curvy and, um, busty. I have to buy a large just so there's enough room for my chest. And why does EVERYTHING have spandex in it these days? Are we in the 80s again? What happened to 100% cotton with French darts?

AND: I'm only five feet tall, and because of my humongous hips, I have to buy at least a size nine in pants. Of course, these pants are consistently too long and I have cut three inches off the bottom. My seamstress loves me. The only jeans I have found that fit my on top AND bottom are L.E.I. petite cut flares; I think I have four or five pairs of them.

Here are some good places to shop that have "young"-looking clothes without being too slutty or running too small:

Eddie Bauer
Old Navy
Boscov's (on the East Coast)
Many, many consignment shops (Greene Street Consignment in Philadelphia is one of my favorites...I've gone to Philly just to shop there)
B. Moss

Last edited:
No freakin kidding...and I'm 26! Not that it's really an age issue, but I don't want to look like I'm 80 either! Good thing my tastes are for the most part t-shirts and jeans...although I've been perusing (however you spell that) the more trendy clothes in an effort to reinvent myself (for the hundreth time). Maybe I'll just stick with what I've got. :D

elevatedmole said:
YES. :mad: I agree completely. Everything is tiny, trashy or ugly (or all three). :rolleyes: It is so irritating. I can't ever find any clothes I like, and what clothes I DO like is usually at Hot Topic, so naturally it's too small if it isn't one of those XXXXXXXXL size t-shirts. :p Oh, and I forgot to mention my personal problem.. I know I can't be the only person out there who has a fairly slim waist but has a *cough* big chest. ARRGH. I have to get large size t-shirts when I could be getting small, and it makes me look a lot worse than I already do, and a lot shorter as well.

[color=royal blue]YES! That's ME exactly!! I'm like small all over but I have big boobs and a big brain and it scares ppl and it scares myself. *punches a wall*

Maybe it's not clothes that suck. Maybe it's just women parts.
[/color]

ok, so for someone who is 25 I have a similar problem shopping. Can't find jeans right now because I don't want to be wearing pants that flash my crack. And yeah, large shirts are running small now. Really small. And I don't think that's just because of my boobs.

There was a story in the Wall St. Journal in August I think about parents going school clothes shopping and how they couldn't find anything in stores appropriate for their 8-year-old daughters! How is that possible?

And I remember reading a quote from Tara Reid [stupid actress that dated Carson Daly] talking about she loves her extra low cut jeans but she always has to sit with her back against the wall so she doesn't flash anyone. well, what's the point of that?

Okay sorry I'm a bit out of topic here: But for the girls who have large breasts, you could try buying a minimizer bra, and maybe you would feel more comfortable in your clothes and the clothing would fit better. They really do make a difference.

Naya said:
Okay sorry I'm a bit out of topic here: But for the girls who have large breasts, you could try buying a minimizer bra, and maybe you would feel more comfortable in your clothes and the clothing would fit better. They really do make a difference.

A woman I know is DDD or EE, so she uses a minimizer...it makes her look so much better!

I hate shopping for clothes because I'm built funny too, so nothing fits. I'm 5'2'' and have a small waist, but have a large ribcage and muscular legs. I'm flat-chested, so I can't fill out a shirt, but small shirts don't fit because of my ribcage. With jeans, I can't find pants that fit on my waist and hips that aren't really tight on my legs. I need my own seamstress. :mad:

I'm not exactly a skinny minnie, but I know how you feel.... most normal clothes fit me, however certain brands of clothes are just weird.

Jordache jeans for example.

I get a pair that is "my size" and try them on and they are too tight :( so with blown ego I try on the next size up. The only difference is the length of the legs in those two jeans, the waist line is exactly the same :mad:

Low rider jeans also bug me, because I have that little pooch at my stomach that sticks out and it looks horrible. You have to be skin and bones to look decent in a pair of those :mad:

Ha! I can totally join in on this rant too. Buying summer clothes for me is really annoying because so many shirts for people my age (19) are more hoey than I would like. Also, there are a lot of shirts that you either have to wear a strapless bra with or no bra at all, and that's really not possible for me. Death to strapless bras! I have yet to find one that actually works for someone with a fairly large chest. Argh.

I usually can find good clothes at places like Old Navy, American Eagle Outfitters, and Express, though.

paxetaurora said:
I completely know what you mean. I have pretty much stopped shopping in juniors' departments because so many junior styles are...well...slutty. I'm nineteen and not at all what you'd call conservative, but I just wouldn't go out in public in some of that stuff.

I thought I was just getting OLD....

But yeah, I think once you hit the age of 20 or so your body changes drasitcally whether you put on weight or not....I haven't really gained weight, but I certainly cant fit into the same pants I did when i graduated HS :scream: ....and have givin up trying cuz stuff just --CHANGED!

I like GAP jeans, they fit my small waist and stocky legs :barf:

[color=royal blue]ALSO...... apart from size and cut.....why can't I go into even like HECHT'S without seeing shirts or pants emblazoned with retarded phrases like "sexy" or "foxy" or "flirt" or whatever it is people think 12 year olds should be wearing. How do people think that's OK? That's who ends up buying that garbage. Middle schoolers! (not all middle schoolers, I know) Clothing that's targeted for my age group -- my mom wouldn't let me out of the house like that. Heck I wouldn't even let myself outta the house like that.[/color]

I totally agree with u, Mona. I am 19 and I have the hardest time finding things that will fit me right, let alone things that allow me to look my age. I dislike that all of the clothes out there are for girls that are extremely skinny and are as flat as board. I just have the hardest time shopping because nothing ever fits me right. I always end up wearing something that an older woman would wear.

o, i can SO relate!!!

ok, first off, i'm not a slut (just to clear things up). i'm not interested in having skin tight shirts that show my boobs and low cut pants that cause plumber's syndrome...

second, i'm really tall. being 6' may be great for models, but it sucks for the average girl...i mean, pants are NEVER long enough...i can only buy pants 2 places (the buckle and gap online) and even then the choices are limited (AND EXPENSIVE!!) ...thus i only own 1 pair of khakis and 2 pairs of jeans. also, the sleeves on shirts are never long enough...i always have to shove them halfway up my arms so i don't look like a freakin' monkey!

i'm just a little angry...

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
*blows up mall

Give me a t-shirt and jeans any day.

[color=royal blue]Right, but that's what I'm even trying to say.....you can't even buy basics most times of the year....[/color]

I have to wear suits and things like that for work, and they always fit weird and either make me look like a grandmother or a little girl playing dress-up.

MonaVox said:

[color=royal blue]Right, but that's what I'm even trying to say.....you can't even buy basics most times of the year....[/color]

Oh yeah. I hear ya, girl. I just went to Hot Topic today and found a shirt in size L and it's a bit "snug". I have a t-shirt from the Gap and it's the same size and real roomy! So, wtf gives? I tell ya....men run these shops. :madspit:

PS-I'm glad to hear from this thread that some 17 yr olds don't want to dress like Britney. :yes:

MonaVox said:

Maybe it's not clothes that suck. Maybe it's just women parts.[

No no no. It's the clothes. Always remember that you are blessed to be a woman and you don't have to worry about spontaneous erections.

GRRR! I know! I can't find any jeans to fit my thighs!! All jeans are built for toothpick girls w/ no hips. I used to buy the bootcut jeans at Express, but they don't make em anymore unless you want ur buttcrack showin' (just like one of you girls mentioned.)

And here's something that REALLY pissed me off...

My family and I decided to go out for dinner one night. So I wore a ribbed knit 3/4 length black shirt and a knee length skirt w/ black slides. Nothing too dressy, but a little above casual - something a typical college girl like myself might wear. Thenmy brother says, "Why do you always try and dress like you're in your thirties?"

GRRRR!!!! :mad: If he only KNEW how silly the girls in his high school looked when they THINK they look older and more mature when they wear that shit in the malls these days!!

I am SOOOOOOOOO glad that you girls all feel the same way about clothes! Cuz basically most of my friends run around in those clothes and i'm like.....WHY?!

Here are my fave stores for summer clothes:

Eddie Bauer (a lil more pricey, but they are clothes that will never go out of style and will last forever...so it's really a good deal!)

WalMart - I frickin' love all their cheap capri pants and t-shirts! Even the stuff in the women's section is pretty cool. I got a pair of kickin' green capris' there! :)

Again, thanks for letting me rant! :)

kariatari said:

GRRRR!!!! :mad: If he only KNEW how silly the girls in his high school looked when they THINK they look older and more mature when they wear that shit in the malls these days!!

:yes: :up:

paxetaurora said:

woo! i am all about old navy, not even just cos i work there...i really do like their clothing (although their damn capris could be a bit shorter...)

i have issues shopping elswhere because of my height. damn "tiny tees" that go to the top of the waistline with short girls just don't cut it with me. especially with "extra super duper ultra low rise here is my ass crack erm look at my thong" jeans :mad:

i'm happy with my clothing...*hugs clothing*

i work at target, and they have a mixed bag. some of their stuff is really teeny bopper, but some of their stuff is really cute. i find myself drawn to the section that's meant for "the young business woman," not because it's dressy, but because your boobs don't hang out of the shirts, and there are none of the pants that lilly just mentioned...and it's really cheap...which is good considering how frugal i am...

yep, clothing sucks. i have a hard time finding clothes that fit me right. so what do i do? i make my own clothing. that way i can custom make my own blouses, and pants to where they fit me right, and yet i am in style. its fun to choose my own cloth, the style, the patterns...lots of fun. and i save a hell of alot of money that way too.

Ali Rose said:

I like GAP jeans, they fit my small waist and stocky legs :barf:

Me too.. I love Gap (and Old Navy -- same company.) My legs are.. well.. chubby, I guess. I'm kind of short, and between my age, my breasts, and my stupid chubby legs, I look like a monster in almost everything -- girls my age, I swear, look at me with the most uncomplimentary looks. Drives me nuts. I can't be a stick, even if I wanted to, because of the way I'm built!

Argh. :mad: I mainly shop at Old Navy, but I'm at the stage where nothing in the kids section fits me except the pants, and the women's section either looks really slutty, or I need to be taller to look even remotely okay.

Sorry for ranting (again) :madspit:

*hugs Mona for creating this thread*
I officially have no shorts this summer, due to the fact that I don't want the entire world to see my lack thereof (<~that was for you, Laura :D)

Aaand, I can't seem to find shirts that actually *gasp* meet the top of my pants, don't go halfway to my stomach in the process, and that don't have crap scrawled all over. Old Navy=one of the only places with shirts I like.

As far as jeans go, it has been determined that I'm just to damn disproportionate. The Buckle is the only place I've found with jeans that comfortably fit me, and those can get pretty expensive. But I don't really have any other choice...the jeans I'm wearing now are...*checks* 26/35. I think I need to hack a couple of inches off my legs.

Speaking of jean sizing, why the hell can't they size girls/women's clothing the same way they do men's? I'm not quite sure if the clothing industry is aware of this, but we're not all the same proportions!! Another reason why I like above said jeans...

I would just like to add that due to the "extra super duper ultra low rise here is my ass crack erm look at my thong" jeans, I have seen waaay too many fuzzy pink thongs...*goes to therapy*

i TOTALLY agree w/ you guys! i HATE girls clothes:scream:
......GUYS CLOTHES ARE MUCH BETTER!
girls clothing are plain UGLY & STUPID! i'm not a dittsy blonde/bimbo/cheerleader that wants to wear a stupid pink shirt that says "sexy", "cute", "boys lie", "boy toy" (i could go on w/ the brilliant 'lil phrases:rolleyes:, but i'll spare you)

in closing...
women's clothing =
icon21.gif

can i get an amen?

Back
Top Bottom