Clothing sucketh - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-23-2002, 04:45 PM   #16
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:36 PM

*blows up mall

Give me a t-shirt and jeans any day.

Old 06-23-2002, 04:50 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

o, i can SO relate!!!

ok, first off, i'm not a slut (just to clear things up). i'm not interested in having skin tight shirts that show my boobs and low cut pants that cause plumber's syndrome...

second, i'm really tall. being 6' may be great for models, but it sucks for the average girl...i mean, pants are NEVER long enough...i can only buy pants 2 places (the buckle and gap online) and even then the choices are limited (AND EXPENSIVE!!) ...thus i only own 1 pair of khakis and 2 pairs of jeans. also, the sleeves on shirts are never long enough...i always have to shove them halfway up my arms so i don't look like a freakin' monkey!

i'm just a little angry...

Old 06-23-2002, 04:59 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel
*blows up mall

Give me a t-shirt and jeans any day.
[color=royal blue]Right, but that's what I'm even trying to say.....you can't even buy basics most times of the year....[/color]
Old 06-23-2002, 05:32 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:36 PM

I have to wear suits and things like that for work, and they always fit weird and either make me look like a grandmother or a little girl playing dress-up.
Old 06-23-2002, 07:45 PM   #20
Blue Crack Distributor

Normal

Quote:
Originally posted by MonaVox

[color=royal blue]Right, but that's what I'm even trying to say.....you can't even buy basics most times of the year....[/color]
Oh yeah. I hear ya, girl. I just went to Hot Topic today and found a shirt in size L and it's a bit "snug". I have a t-shirt from the Gap and it's the same size and real roomy! So, wtf gives? I tell ya....men run these shops.

PS-I'm glad to hear from this thread that some 17 yr olds don't want to dress like Britney.
Old 06-23-2002, 09:56 PM   #21
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MonaVox

Maybe it's not clothes that suck. Maybe it's just women parts.[
No no no. It's the clothes. Always remember that you are blessed to be a woman and you don't have to worry about spontaneous erections.

Join Amnesty.
Old 06-23-2002, 10:13 PM   #22
War Child

GRRR! I know! I can't find any jeans to fit my thighs!! All jeans are built for toothpick girls w/ no hips. I used to buy the bootcut jeans at Express, but they don't make em anymore unless you want ur buttcrack showin' (just like one of you girls mentioned.)

And here's something that REALLY pissed me off...

My family and I decided to go out for dinner one night. So I wore a ribbed knit 3/4 length black shirt and a knee length skirt w/ black slides. Nothing too dressy, but a little above casual - something a typical college girl like myself might wear. Thenmy brother says, "Why do you always try and dress like you're in your thirties?"

GRRRR!!!! If he only KNEW how silly the girls in his high school looked when they THINK they look older and more mature when they wear that shit in the malls these days!!

I am SOOOOOOOOO glad that you girls all feel the same way about clothes! Cuz basically most of my friends run around in those clothes and i'm like.....WHY?!

Here are my fave stores for summer clothes:

Eddie Bauer (a lil more pricey, but they are clothes that will never go out of style and will last forever...so it's really a good deal!)

WalMart - I frickin' love all their cheap capri pants and t-shirts! Even the stuff in the women's section is pretty cool. I got a pair of kickin' green capris' there!

Again, thanks for letting me rant!
Old 06-23-2002, 10:47 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by kariatari

GRRRR!!!! If he only KNEW how silly the girls in his high school looked when they THINK they look older and more mature when they wear that shit in the malls these days!!
Old 06-23-2002, 10:56 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by paxetaurora
Old Navy
woo! i am all about old navy, not even just cos i work there...i really do like their clothing (although their damn capris could be a bit shorter...)

i have issues shopping elswhere because of my height. damn "tiny tees" that go to the top of the waistline with short girls just don't cut it with me. especially with "extra super duper ultra low rise here is my ass crack erm look at my thong" jeans

i'm happy with my clothing...*hugs clothing*
Old 06-23-2002, 11:10 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

i work at target, and they have a mixed bag. some of their stuff is really teeny bopper, but some of their stuff is really cute. i find myself drawn to the section that's meant for "the young business woman," not because it's dressy, but because your boobs don't hang out of the shirts, and there are none of the pants that lilly just mentioned...and it's really cheap...which is good considering how frugal i am...
Old 06-24-2002, 03:54 AM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:36 PM
yep, clothing sucks. i have a hard time finding clothes that fit me right. so what do i do? i make my own clothing. that way i can custom make my own blouses, and pants to where they fit me right, and yet i am in style. its fun to choose my own cloth, the style, the patterns...lots of fun. and i save a hell of alot of money that way too.
Old 06-24-2002, 04:50 AM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie

crys

Quote:
Originally posted by Ali Rose

I like GAP jeans, they fit my small waist and stocky legs
Me too.. I love Gap (and Old Navy -- same company.) My legs are.. well.. chubby, I guess. I'm kind of short, and between my age, my breasts, and my stupid chubby legs, I look like a monster in almost everything -- girls my age, I swear, look at me with the most uncomplimentary looks. Drives me nuts. I can't be a stick, even if I wanted to, because of the way I'm built!

Argh. I mainly shop at Old Navy, but I'm at the stage where nothing in the kids section fits me except the pants, and the women's section either looks really slutty, or I need to be taller to look even remotely okay.

Sorry for ranting (again)
Old 06-24-2002, 06:35 PM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by paxetaurora
Always remember that you are blessed to be a woman and you don't have to worry about spontaneous erections.
LOL! Thank goodness for that!
Old 06-24-2002, 07:39 PM   #29
New Yorker

Local Time: 07:36 PM

*hugs Mona for creating this thread*
I officially have no shorts this summer, due to the fact that I don't want the entire world to see my lack thereof (<~that was for you, Laura )

Aaand, I can't seem to find shirts that actually *gasp* meet the top of my pants, don't go halfway to my stomach in the process, and that don't have crap scrawled all over. Old Navy=one of the only places with shirts I like.

As far as jeans go, it has been determined that I'm just to damn disproportionate. The Buckle is the only place I've found with jeans that comfortably fit me, and those can get pretty expensive. But I don't really have any other choice...the jeans I'm wearing now are...*checks* 26/35. I think I need to hack a couple of inches off my legs.

Speaking of jean sizing, why the hell can't they size girls/women's clothing the same way they do men's? I'm not quite sure if the clothing industry is aware of this, but we're not all the same proportions!! Another reason why I like above said jeans...

I would just like to add that due to the "extra super duper ultra low rise here is my ass crack erm look at my thong" jeans, I have seen waaay too many fuzzy pink thongs...*goes to therapy*
Old 06-24-2002, 08:11 PM   #30
War Child

Local Time: 03:36 PM

i TOTALLY agree w/ you guys! i HATE girls clothes
......GUYS CLOTHES ARE MUCH BETTER!
girls clothing are plain UGLY & STUPID! i'm not a dittsy blonde/bimbo/cheerleader that wants to wear a stupid pink shirt that says "sexy", "cute", "boys lie", "boy toy" (i could go on w/ the brilliant 'lil phrases, but i'll spare you)

in closing...
women's clothing =
can i get an amen?