Clothing Stores

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
How come when you go to the mall or other stores to buy clothes (I need to buy a dress for my cousin's wedding next month) in the middle of summer, all they seem to have out is Winter clothes? :no: :mad:

It seems like they start putting out all the winter clothes on the hottest day of the year. If you want to buy the good summer clothes instead of clearance items, you have to buy in the middle of winter?

Who is really going to buy a sweater when it's 100 degrees out?

:huh:

Yeah that bugs me too. They're always like 3 months ahead of time.

someone or else i don't imagine the store would put them out there. what you're saying makes sense though. but i am in no way helpful for you;)

yeah, it was 95 degress here today and i went to a store and bought a turtleneck and winter coat. i told the salesperson that i would like to wear the items out of the store. she looked at me like :huh:

i work at a store with clothing.....and it's already back to school :huh:....yeah, and we are clearance-ing out all our summer clothes....everyone asks me for shorts and whatnot and i have to say we're out....silly, imho.....but whatcha gonna do.....

Apparently the reason is designers even the small chain labels design a season ahead and by the time they reach the stores, they are technically too early. Obviously it is planned like that so the market leaders can dictate the following season's fashion and it doesn't take a whole year for an experienced line to reach the shops.

I always find it's the best time to buy clothes though, those that are out of season. My all time favoutite buy was a pig skin jacket that would normally have cost about $200 but I got it for $60. The salesgirl thought I was nuts as it was in the middle of a 45 C heatwave. You just cant get bargains like that in winter.

yeah, and it's nice right now cause all the summer stuff is way cheap, and we still have another good month of pure heat left....

i did just buy a jacket a couple weeks ago when i was on vacation...however, it's one of those cotton jackets that are like sweatpants. i even got a groovy iron-on design on it, so my dad can have his jacket back. people have a habit of wearing my jackets so i can never find any. luckily, when it was cold here this spring, billy let me wear his groovy elevation jacket thing.

but i never have a problem finding the appropriate season's clothes during that season. maybe it's the stores i shop in.

Back
Top Bottom