Clothing Advice Needed: Good Blue Jeans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Banana Republic jeans are OK, but nothing special, IMO. Unless they're on sale, I wouldn't spend that kind of money on them.

beau2ifulday said:
I find Blue Cult to be really good fitting, along with Citizens of Humanity jeans. Alot of my friends would say Sevens or Levis, but I can't get on with them myself.

Who carries these 'Citizens of Humanity' jeans or some of the others mentions (non-Levis). And how much money are we talking about? I feel so out of the shopping loop. Please someone come take me shopping with them!!! :|

All of my jeans (well, by all, I have only 2 pairs) are from Old Navy since they have so many styles/washes/colors and they're never more than $25. If I can't find something I like there, I try the Gap outlet store.

Lila64 said:

Who carries these 'Citizens of Humanity' jeans or some of the others mentions (non-Levis). And how much money are we talking about? I feel so out of the shopping loop. Please someone come take me shopping with them!!! :|

Lila I'll go shopping with you :hyper:

Southcoast :love:

For "cheaper" and more casual jeans (ie. not Citizens/Diesel's/7/Juicy Couture/Miss Sixty), I prefer American Eagle and Abercrombie to the Gap, and the prices are comparable I'd say. They've served me well.

I love jeans.

anitram said:
For "cheaper" and more casual jeans (ie. not Citizens/Diesel's/7/Juicy Couture/Miss Sixty), I prefer American Eagle and Abercrombie to the Gap, and the prices are comparable I'd say. They've served me well.

My most favorite pair of jeans ever I've had for 8 years (and they're not torn or frayed) were from American Eagle. A lot of their stuff is too teeny-bopper so it can be hit or miss, but I LOVE this pair of jeans and will never give them up! I wore them as recently as the U2 show on May 7, but now I'm a bit larger so I keep them as my 'goal' size :D

A couple of years ago Energie jeans had a very fine cut. The new models are ok too, but not as nice as they were. I like bootcut with slim thighs too. Actually I saw a very tight model of Diesel which I liked, but they were +$200. Would have bought them, thought about it, but they were very super tight anyway.. Energie is still one of my fav labels.

Id say just try to find a model that you like, that fits.. I dont wear Levis 501 no more, I have done that for years when I was 18-22 I guess. And I think there are better cut jeans out there. Not that Im a fashionista or anything. Absolutely not. I dislike the h&m/ pimkie/ XYZ stuff that is ruined after a couple of weeks and when you wash it the colours disappear. If you talk about style, real style..... please don´t mention. Which doesn´t mean I´m very styled up... the contrary is true, I´ve been taking distance from all that. Milan scenery and everything. And anyway, you know... fashion :huh:

redkat said:

Lila I'll go shopping with you :hyper:

Southcoast :love:

:hyper: would love to go shopping! Can you find some area a little closer to me??? Southcoast Plaze (which I've never been to) would take me... about 90 minutes to get to... :hmm: (Oh, and check for a PM) :wink:

Who can afford $100+ for jeans? :reject:

Lila64 said:
Who can afford $100+ for jeans? :reject:

Its not a question if you can afford or not, really. It´s a question of priorities :shrug: I like expensive clothes but it ain´t that important - anymore.

Levis are great...I have a couple of pairs with the little strap thing on the leg, a perfect place to hold a hammer (just in case I have the sudden urge to do some roof work in the middle of my walks!) :wink:

Back
Top Bottom