Clone Pets?!??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JemEvans

War Child
Hello, Hello. I'm @ a place called Vertigo...-devi
Alright when you've got nothing else to do while stuck @ home waiting for a call sometimes there's only one option...watch the news. ok so on the local news here there was a topic 'coz it seems yesterday they officially cloned a cat. They were asking everyone if now they should start to allow ppl to clone pets. Most ppl thought it wouldn't be such a good idea 'coz it seems that w/cloned pets they'd age faster and there'd be a higher risk that the animal could get sick more. Ok whoever wants to leave their thoughts can as for me....well only pets i ever had were 2 birds at various times and i doubt i'd want them back...or any other animal for that matter. Who knows if that cloned pet would be just like the one u lost or be totally different. ok i'm done.
LATERS!!
-Jem-

That's horrible. I think we have enough unwanted pets without having to clone them.

------------------
It's cold in the ground
But there's peace in the sound
Of the white and the black
Spilling over

Sicy's Website

[This message has been edited by SicilianGoddess (edited 02-18-2002).]

Absolutely horrible idea. Everyday poor innocent sweet animals who want only food and love and attention are euthanized. Not to mention all of the poor animals that are mistreated, abused, and dumped out in the middle of nowhere.

Another example of science trying to play god.

Here's the cat-named cc-at seven weeks old

mdf131954.jpg

errr...considering that thousands of poor kitties have to be put to sleep every year because of over-population...I wonder how this could possibly be a useful or good thing.

All moral or over-population issues aside, why would you WANT to clone your pet? Haven't we all seen the sit-coms and movies where the parents try to replace a missing pet with a look-alike, hoping the kids won't notice? They always notice!! When you clone a pet, you don't end up with the same pet, you end up with a genetically identical pet. There is an enormous difference. The cloned pet would have a different personality/temperment, and may even end up looking different (in subtle ways) than it's clone.
I'm not worried about this. People will quickly learn that genetically identical pets are no more interchangeable than genetically identical people (identical twins).

no, it's quite enough with my own babies running around
eek.gif

and yes, there's already too many homeless animals in the world

Back
Top Bottom