Clocks Remix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom in Boston

The Fly
Apologize for the Coldplay thread. (I feel like every other thread is Coldplay and Radiohead).

Heard the Clocks Remix last night. Wow! I downloaded it this morning. It is fantastic. Reminds me a lot of New Order. I think it's an absolutely brilliant song, but I admit that I tired of it a bit with all the airplay it got. This remix has gotten me fired up about it again. In fact, it might be the best remix I've ever heard!

Has anyone else heard this? It's available at coldplay.org if you haven't (you need to sign up to download).

If you don't really care, I pose the question, what is the best remix you've ever heard?

I'm not a big fan of remixes, but a few of the good ones that come to mind are:

Flava in ya Ear by Craig Mack
Some of the U2 Perfecto Mixes and the Beautiful Day Remix Quincy and Sonance Remix
Brimful of Asha by Cornershop (I think it was Fatboy Slim)

Not the Remix of Ignition or any remix featuring Missy Elliott.

I heard snippets of a Clocks remix while listening to the Trance Channel at Digitally Imported. Not sure if it's what you're talking about, though, so I'll definitely go to coldplay.org and check it out.

My favorite remix ever is the New Year's Day Francois Kevorkian remix. I consider it a must-listen for U2 fans, especially because it has a different verse than the original. It makes NYD even more haunting and beautiful. :up:

I won the Royksopp 12 inch from coldplay.com, but i do not have anything to spin the black circle with...thanks for the heads up, off to download.

I have heard both Oak and PVD remixes that are sweet.

HG - where can I get this new years day remix?

Ooh, I'm up for a remix of "Clocks." Sounds dang spiffy!

My fav. U2 remix is the one of "Staring at the Sun." It's really great!

DiGi said:
HG - where can I get this new years day remix?

I found it on NewMedia quite some time ago. Besides NewMedia, any place with U2 songs might have it. Let me know if you are unable to find it. I believe it is simply called "New Year's Day (Francois Kevorkian)" with maybe the word 'remix' or 'mix' thrown in there.

Edit: Does Interference still have NewMedia? :confused:

Last edited:
If it's the remix that I am thinking of then I am not very fond of it. I prefer the original. I heard it on the radio. I can see your point that it sounds like New Order but I feel that this new remix strips all the life and emotion out of the original song.

As for best remix, I'll say something typical like Salome Zooromancer because that is all that comes to mind at the moment.

I really like Royksopp...I heard the cover is great!

Back
Top Bottom