Clit, Romania Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, damn. I'll probably have to give it a miss too, actually, as I just checked the Honours seminar schedule and the one this Tuesday is on accessing and using the university's microfilm collection. I've no idea how to do that and I'm sure it'll come in useful, so I should probably go ...
Might be a good idea.

Still blaming the traffic :tsk:
:p

Normally I'm only 20 mins late or so, just cos I can't be arsed getting up early enough. But on the days when I was up early and geared up to get to work early and all that stuff, the damn traffic not only foiled my plans, but made me even later than I normally am. And of course no one's going to believe me if I start blaming the traffic!

It's probably a bad sign that no one at work ASKED me why I was so late. :reject:

haha, nice ali! i hope you weren't offended. i did mean it in the (less?) offensive colloquial way, as in 'lovely people'? :uhoh:

:D

Don't fret, I'm not offended. :) I was just playing along...

And you seem to come up with an amusing new collective noun every time you come in here... it's all good!

Ah, good! :)

How are you all today? Ready for a brand new week of commitments and misc. things? I'm scared already and would like to rewind back to Friday PM.

Might be a good idea.

Yeah. Though part of me says "nah, go to the gig; there'll be some way to learn the microfilm stuff later - after all, you're legally blind and the DLU can pull lots of strings!"

Normally I'm only 20 mins late or so, just cos I can't be arsed getting up early enough. But on the days when I was up early and geared up to get to work early and all that stuff, the damn traffic not only foiled my plans, but made me even later than I normally am. And of course no one's going to believe me if I start blaming the traffic!

It's probably a bad sign that no one at work ASKED me why I was so late. :reject:

:lol:

"Yeah, sure, Ali's a reliable worker. Reliably late ..."

in the spirit of the now deceased uymfa thread which i was rather fond of for purely personal reasons:

"you are SUCH a fucking DICKHEAD!! GOD.. SHUT THE FUCK UP, SUNSHINE AND JUST FUCK OFF. NOW. GO, FUCK OFF AND LEAVE THIS PLACE AND TAKE YOUR UNBELIEVABLY STUPID FUCKING COMMENTS AND HATE AND BITCHING AND BULLSHIT WITH YOU. MY GOD, I NEED A HIGHER LEVEL OF CAPS! I'M NOT MAKING MY POINT. YOU ARE AN ARSEHOLE AND SOMEONE I WOULD ENJOY SMACKING IN THE SIDE OF THE HEAD RATHER FORCEFULLY."

:zen:

WB Ax...

I'm with you on the rewinding thing, Anna. Work: Do not want. Although I can do without hearing my housemate throw up all of last night again.

Might be a good idea.

:p

:lol:

when i blame the trains they believe me cos the service is so crap :lmao:

WB Ax...

I'm with you on the rewinding thing, Anna. Work: Do not want. Although I can do without hearing my housemate throw up all of last night again.

Is your flatmate sick? Hope they don't pass it on to you!
What do you do for a crust? I'm dreading getting back to the paid workforce, though I swore that my next job will be in my chosen field, so that should be something... but unfortunately my chosen field is criminals, so I'm not sure exactly how to approach this one.
:hmm:

Yeah. Though part of me says "nah, go to the gig; there'll be some way to learn the microfilm stuff later - after all, you're legally blind and the DLU can pull lots of strings!"
Dunno what DLU stands for, but way to abuse the system. :lol:

Ray Martin will be knocking on your door with a camera crew... worse than dole-bludgers. :tsk:

"Yeah, sure, Ali's a reliable worker. Reliably late ..."
That's about the size of it.

And you seem to come up with an amusing new collective noun every time you come in here... it's all good!

We should come up with a list of all the collective nouns Anna's used. There've been some absolute classics.

Incidentally, on the "bastards" front, that reminds me of one of the more interesting parts of my family history. Now, my Nan was one of eleven children, the sixth to be specific. Her father was a Kiwi, but her mother came over from England in some dodgy ill-thought marriage that quickly fell apart. She then met my great-grandfather, but due to the laws at the time, she couldn't get divorced. So they moved out to a country area and established their farm with the illusion that they were married. Nobody ever questioned it, and their children were raised without knowing the reality of the situation. Eventually, my great-grandfather was able to exploit a contact within the Births, Marriages, and Deaths Registrar to get an official divorce for great-grandmother and they were married. Nan was the first of their children born in wedlock (though conceived out of it).

The best part is that the secret was never revealed until great-grandmother died (great-grandfather was already dead). She left two identical letters, one to her eldest daughter and one to her eldest son. My great uncle was terribly amused and informed the other nine kids - Nan finds it an especially hilarious story. My great aunt, however, is one of those very prudish and proper Englishy kind of women. She was MORTIFIED to learn she's a bastard and point-blank won't speak of it.

/pointless-story-to-avoid-doing-more-uni-work

in the spirit of the now deceased uymfa thread which i was rather fond of for purely personal reasons:

"you are SUCH a fucking DICKHEAD!! GOD.. SHUT THE FUCK UP, SUNSHINE AND JUST FUCK OFF. NOW. GO, FUCK OFF AND LEAVE THIS PLACE AND TAKE YOUR UNBELIEVABLY STUPID FUCKING COMMENTS AND HATE AND BITCHING AND BULLSHIT WITH YOU. MY GOD, I NEED A HIGHER LEVEL OF CAPS! I'M NOT MAKING MY POINT. YOU ARE AN ARSEHOLE AND SOMEONE I WOULD ENJOY SMACKING IN THE SIDE OF THE HEAD RATHER FORCEFULLY."

:zen:

What's the origin of this? :ohmy:

We should come up with a list of all the collective nouns Anna's used. There've been some absolute classics.

Incidentally, on the "bastards" front, that reminds me of one of the more interesting parts of my family history. Now, my Nan was one of eleven children, the sixth to be specific. Her father was a Kiwi, but her mother came over from England in some dodgy ill-thought marriage that quickly fell apart. She then met my great-grandfather, but due to the laws at the time, she couldn't get divorced. So they moved out to a country area and established their farm with the illusion that they were married. Nobody ever questioned it, and their children were raised without knowing the reality of the situation. Eventually, my great-grandfather was able to exploit a contact within the Births, Marriages, and Deaths Registrar to get an official divorce for great-grandmother and they were married. Nan was the first of their children born in wedlock (though conceived out of it).

The best part is that the secret was never revealed until great-grandmother died (great-grandfather was already dead). She left two identical letters, one to her eldest daughter and one to her eldest son. My great uncle was terribly amused and informed the other nine kids - Nan finds it an especially hilarious story. My great aunt, however, is one of those very prudish and proper Englishy kind of women. She was MORTIFIED to learn she's a bastard and point-blank won't speak of it.

/pointless-story-to-avoid-doing-more-uni-work

:lol: Sorry if this is a sensitive family issue, but I refer to many loved ones as bastards - Mat, the dogs, the cats (despite both being female :uhoh: ), and overall I love the word. It makes me think of Rik on The Young Ones - "Neil! You complete and UTTER bastard!"

:lmao:

Great word. I'd be using it all the time around a very proper English relo. But I'm popular like that...
:shifty:

Is your flatmate sick? Hope they don't pass it on to you!
What do you do for a crust? I'm dreading getting back to the paid workforce, though I swore that my next job will be in my chosen field, so that should be something... but unfortunately my chosen field is criminals, so I'm not sure exactly how to approach this one.
:hmm:
Their sickness wasn't contagious, unless I'd been doing tequila shots on a bellyfull of beer as well. And I wasn't.

I know someone whose sister is working in corrections, doing legal type stuff... or maybe she's moved on now and is working for a water ombudsman... can't remember. But she was definitely working in corrections at some point.
What is your field?

I work, via an outsourcing company (don't do it, kids), for a gas and electricity distributor. I get to send massive bills to retail companies. :evil:
It's a job that somehow manages to be both confusing/frustrating as hell and boring as batshit at the same time. I've been there for nearly three and a half years, and I'm well over it already!

How were they this morning ? :lol:
By the time I got up, they were both on the couch, and beginning to feel almost human... *L* Still very tender though, they drove to the shop for BBQ chicken and didn't feel that great afterwards. I'm glad I won't be with them on the train in the morning!

:lol: Sorry if this is a sensitive family issue, but I refer to many loved ones as bastards - Mat, the dogs, the cats (despite both being female :uhoh: ), and overall I love the word. It makes me think of Rik on The Young Ones - "Neil! You complete and UTTER bastard!"

:lmao:

Great word. I'd be using it all the time around a very proper English relo. But I'm popular like that...
:shifty:

:laugh: Most of my family thinks the story's a classic, and I love it, but aforementioned great aunt finds it horrifying. We all laugh at her prudishness behind her back. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom