Clit, Romania Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:tsk:

I sent you music earlier!

You did... but Reggo sent me this first and I wanted to at least figure out what it was... I'll be loading your lot into my mp3 player anyway, don't fret.

I know you haven't listened to anything on that CD I gave you. :tongue:

Speaking of gigs. I was moping earlier that I've absolutely no social plans whatsoever right now, so I'm looking at shows to see.

My current list:
19/09: Laura, with Three Month Sunset and The Night Terrors
27/09: Vanishing Point, with Divine Ascension and Vampora
04/10: Ne Obliviscaris, with Sleepmakeswaves and Be'lakor
18/10: Because Of Ghosts, with Nick Huggins and Three Month Sunset
31/10: Skipping Girl Vinegar, with Ollie Browne and Georgia Fields
08/11: This Is Your Captain Speaking

All of which are between $10-15, and most are at a venue within walking distance.

Who wants to bet that I wuss out and go to none of them? I'm very good at doing that. It's remarkable what I've not seen in the last year. :sigh:

None of them are playing a gig on Friday, though. :wink:

Tripod's playing on Tuesday though. Not that those tracks will do you much good, they're not typical Tripod-live material. I doubt they play those song-in-an-hour songs after the first performance!

Still, they're hilarious and you should listen to them. :tongue:

I'll be up for the Skipping Girl Vinegar gig, Ax... we saw them open for Little Birdie, and they were better than Little Birdie, in my humble opinion.

I'll be up for the Skipping Girl Vinegar gig, Ax... we saw them open for Little Birdie, and they were better than Little Birdie, in my humble opinion.

Oh really? Cool. U-Wen and I have seen them at the free gigs at uni and I keep forgetting to ask him if he's up for the show. Ordinarily, I may not have given them a second thought, but they've impressed me at the free gigs, and they sure draw a crowd compared to some others who've played, which I think speaks well of them given how jaded and apathetic the student population seems to be nowadays.

Tripod's playing on Tuesday though. Not that those tracks will do you much good, they're not typical Tripod-live material. I doubt they play those song-in-an-hour songs after the first performance!

Still, they're hilarious and you should listen to them. :tongue:

Ah, this is a good point.

So, are you skipping work and venturing into enemy territory?

Oh really? Cool. U-Wen and I have seen them at the free gigs at uni and I keep forgetting to ask him if he's up for the show. Ordinarily, I may not have given them a second thought, but they've impressed me at the free gigs, and they sure draw a crowd compared to some others who've played, which I think speaks well of them given how jaded and apathetic the student population seems to be nowadays.

Yarr... someone Rox knows was handing out buttons for them before the show we saw... apparently they've got an album coming out this week, or some time this month. Might have to pick it up.

So, are you skipping work and venturing into enemy territory?

I can't. Everything's still crazy busy there, to borrow an American phrase, and I pretty much used up the two hours I stayed back on Tuesday or whatever when I was stupidly late the last couple of days. Damn freeway traffic jams for no reason at 10am!!

Yarr... someone Rox knows was handing out buttons for them before the show we saw... apparently they've got an album coming out this week, or some time this month. Might have to pick it up.

Yeah, the appearance on 31/10 is their official album launch gig. I was figuring I might try picking it up there.

I can't. Everything's still crazy busy there, to borrow an American phrase, and I pretty much used up the two hours I stayed back on Tuesday or whatever when I was stupidly late the last couple of days. Damn freeway traffic jams for no reason at 10am!!

Oh, damn. I'll probably have to give it a miss too, actually, as I just checked the Honours seminar schedule and the one this Tuesday is on accessing and using the university's microfilm collection. I've no idea how to do that and I'm sure it'll come in useful, so I should probably go ...

Good plan. :up: I like buying albums at gigs cos you know the money's going straight where it should be going.

Yeah, exactly. I also don't feel bad forking out for merch because I know it's often a major source of the band's income.

Back in about 15-20 minutes, folks. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom