Climax, Saskatchewan Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't verify this, but it sounds wise enough.

It's certainly been my experience that the majority of relationships that in high school seem like they're going to work nonetheless fall apart within the first couple of years in the real world. Obviously there's a minority that do work out, and not necessarily a small minority either. But getting out into the real world of the job market or going to university can really change a person. Kate and I were in the same place at the end of high school, but her experience in the workforce and my experience in university took us in totally different directions. I became a godless leftie and she got frustrated with my intellectualism and refusal to enter the workforce in favour of focusing on my studies. Obviously that experience has given me some bias here and I think it would be utterly futile of me to even pretend otherwise. But looking at most of the couples I knew in high school, a similar thing has happened with them.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't sometimes miss mid-2005, when we were still in the same place.

Agreed :lol: I DEMAND victory. Oh and the Cubs clinched a playoff spot today as well :drool: if by some magic twist of fate we don't win the division, we've sealed the deal on the wild card. I'm dying here.

Most of the football games were like that today weren't they? Twist endings I mean? I am looking forward to playing the Cowboys next week. Especially if we win. I always risk a lynching in doing it, but I take great pleasure in wearing my packers Shirts around down here when the Pack wins. Just like I'm risking certain death tomorrow by wearing my Carlos Zambrano shirt, but I'm doing it anyways :lol:

I feel no shame in wearing my jerseys. At least my team isn't the laughingstock that the Ravens are right now. I knew this one kid who became a fan of theirs immediately after they won the Super Bowl in 2000. Yeah, that certainly paid off for him. :rolleyes:

I'm definitely cheering on the Packers next Monday. They played each other last season, but this Packers team looks to be on fire right now. They could take a piece of the moon.

I feel no shame in wearing my jerseys. At least my team isn't the laughingstock that the Ravens are right now. I knew this one kid who became a fan of theirs immediately after they won the Super Bowl in 2000. Yeah, that certainly paid off for him. :rolleyes:

I'm definitely cheering on the Packers next Monday. They played each other last season, but this Packers team looks to be on fire right now. They could take a piece of the moon.

I feel no shame, but I do feel a sense of fear :lol: I had no idea til I got down here, but Cowboys fans HATE the Packers. And I thought it was bad up in Chi-Town.

I was a Raven's fan for a little while after 2000 :lol: I had a bad habit before I really got into sports of loving teams that won the Superbowl. The very first of these was the Packers, and they were the only one that stuck :D

I downloaded your list ages ago. Did you change it at all before submitting it to phanan, or are the old files still good?

Actually, no. I made a couple of last-minute changes.

Here's a new link (it's all tagged and loaded):

*Link removed by Sizzlin' Lemonlicious*

I'll remove the link once you download it.

I feel no shame, but I do feel a sense of fear :lol: I had no idea til I got down here, but Cowboys fans HATE the Packers. And I thought it was bad up in Chi-Town.

I was a Raven's fan for a little while after 2000 :lol: I had a bad habit before I really got into sports of loving teams that won the Superbowl. The very first of these was the Packers, and they were the only one that stuck :D

That's quite a rivalry, actually. The Cowboys and Packers have both been brilliant over the years, occasionally at the same time. I can see why they hate each other so.

The Redskins/Cowboys rivalry has been very interesting as of late. Our record against them over the past 6 games is 4-2, even though they're the better team.

You should try wearing All Blacks or Black Caps shirts in Australia!

I must admit, the one good aspect of the US being totally oblivious to rugby or cricket was that I could wear those shirts without anybody thinking twice about them. Well, except for the cool Kiwi guy working security at the U2 show in Boston that I've mentioned before.

That's quite a rivalry, actually. The Cowboys and Packers have both been brilliant over the years, occasionally at the same time. I can see why they hate each other so.

The Redskins/Cowboys rivalry has been very interesting as of late. Our record against them over the past 6 games is 4-2, even though they're the better team.

Yeah, Springsteen guy at the student center is a big Packers fan too, so he was telling me about why the two hate each other so much, something about a superbowl in the 60s.

That just reminds me of last season and losing to the Bears :banghead:
UGHGHGHGH

You should try wearing All Blacks or Black Caps shirts in Australia!

I must admit, the one good aspect of the US being totally oblivious to rugby or cricket was that I could wear those shirts without anybody thinking twice about them. Well, except for the cool Kiwi guy working security at the U2 show in Boston that I've mentioned before.

Ha yeah, it'd be nice to not have to worry about such things. And I can imagine it being terrifying to support a NZ team in Aussieland :yikes:

Ha yeah, it'd be nice to not have to worry about such things. And I can imagine it being terrifying to support a NZ team in Aussieland :yikes:

It's a bit better in Melbourne than in Queensland because most people here fixate on Aussie Rules rather than rugby. But god, every time the All Blacks lose, my shirts go to the back of the wardrobe, because I know I'll get all kinds of shit hung on me if I wear them! At least the Black Caps tend to be expected to lose, so I don't get as much crap for that.

Over your way, my Black Caps shirt (it's black with a silver fern across the front) got known as the "zebra shirt". :laugh:

It's a bit better in Melbourne than in Queensland because most people here fixate on Aussie Rules rather than rugby. But god, every time the All Blacks lose, my shirts go to the back of the wardrobe, because I know I'll get all kinds of shit hung on me if I wear them! At least the Black Caps tend to be expected to lose, so I don't get as much crap for that.

Over your way, my Black Caps shirt (it's black with a silver fern across the front) got known as the "zebra shirt". :laugh:

Got an obsession with the color black in New Zealand? :lol: I'm so confused, how many different types of Rugby ARE there?

Nice. :lol:

Poor "All The Pretty Faces". It's a Killers song that I got a hold of around the time of Hot Fuss as an unreleased track. Then it ended up being a b-side from Sam's Town poor song never made an album :lol:

Got an obsession with the color black in New Zealand? :lol: I'm so confused, how many different types of Rugby ARE there?

Nice. :lol:

Black, silver, and white are our national colours. It's mostly the fault of the All Blacks - their huge success meant that black became fairly iconic as our colour, and other teams have increasingly adopted it. The All Blacks play rugby union and the Black Caps are our cricket team (the national rugby league team is one of the few national teams NOT to adopt a black-related nickname; they're just the Kiwis). The Black Caps are a good example of a team capitalising on the association of black as New Zealand's colour. When I was little, they played in this hideous beige, then a grey uniform, and only recently took on black and the Black Caps nickname.

Here's the shirt in question, actually. From back in 2004! Linked to avoid killing Serena's Intarwebz: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v46/Axver/HollyandIinBrisbaneAirport.jpg

(Amusingly enough, the girl in that picture is the friend I mentioned just a short while ago who's getting married at 21.)

Dammit.

Just use the one you have. All I did was switch one song for another.

What change did you make? If it's late enough in the playlist, the download could be done by the time I get to it.

Black, silver, and white are our national colours. It's mostly the fault of the All Blacks - their huge success meant that black became fairly iconic as our colour, and other teams have increasingly adopted it. The All Blacks play rugby union and the Black Caps are our cricket team (the national rugby league team is one of the few national teams NOT to adopt a black-related nickname; they're just the Kiwis). The Black Caps are a good example of a team capitalising on the association of black as New Zealand's colour. When I was little, they played in this hideous beige, then a grey uniform, and only recently took on black and the Black Caps nickname.

Here's the shirt in question, actually. From back in 2004! Linked to avoid killing Serena's Intarwebz: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v46/Axver/HollyandIinBrisbaneAirport.jpg

(Amusingly enough, the girl in that picture is the friend I mentioned just a short while ago who's getting married at 21.)

Ok...then what sport do the Warriors play? Cause now you've thrown The Kiwi's in there as well and I'm all confused again :lol: Oh God.

Aww that's a really nice Pic Ax, and I can see how someone would call that a Zebra shirt :lol:

What change did you make? If it's late enough in the playlist, the download could be done by the time I get to it.

Tracks 18 and 19 were swapped/replaced on the first disc. You're right; it'll probably be done by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom