Cleveland Brown Fans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by Clark W. Griswold, Jr:
The only thing worse was Lerner and Policy defending the work of the drunken mob that attends their games.

That was just flat out stupid!

------------------
Love, slowly stripped away
Love has seen its better day...

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

should be ashamed of themselves.

beer should not be sold at sporting events-no one loves to watch the game with a beer more than me(well i'm sure lotsa people do, but i like it a lot) but some people, mostly men in this case, cannot handle themselves.

------------------
CANADA KICKS ASS

Originally posted by kobayashi:
should be ashamed of themselves.

beer should not be sold at sporting events-no one loves to watch the game with a beer more than me(well i'm sure lotsa people do, but i like it a lot) but some people, mostly men in this case, cannot handle themselves.

I agree that they should be ashamed of themselves. I also agree that it was outrageous for the owners and coach to be defending their fans. I really hope the NFL talks to them about that.

I don't agree about the alcohol comment. Not that alcohol doesn't have the ability to make normal people do really stupid things, but I think to blame it on the beer in this case is too simplistic.

The behavior is partly a group think mentality, but I also believe that it is symptomatic of an underlying sense of frustration and anger and confusion that plague men in our society. Men are given very confusing messages about who they are supposed to be, how they are supposed to deal with their emotions. The fact is, well adjusted people do not behave the way those fans behaved. They just don't...

Yep, makes me proud to be a Clevelander. I bet my mom was at that game--I should give her a call...

------------------
And so happy Xmas
For black and for white
For yellow and red ones
Let's stop all the fight

Originally posted by popkidu2:
The behavior is partly a group think mentality, but I also believe that it is symptomatic of an underlying sense of frustration and anger and confusion that plague men in our society. Men are given very confusing messages about who they are supposed to be, how they are supposed to deal with their emotions.

you are right. though i obviously don't know any specifics i would venture to say that these men do not exhibit these traits elsewhere in public-they aren't at their jobs throwing beer bottles at people.
i would also imagine that they were consuming some portion of alchohol as the dawg pound is famous for.
put those two factors-alchohol and men distressed about not only their crappy football team but their lives-and you have a recipe for disaster.
i've been to hockey games in ottawa when the leafs are in town. the leafs are my favourite team and the two cities have developed quite a rivalry so it's always quite fun and we are always vocal in our support of the visiting team-and some guys, even those with their own kids beside them, become enraged-it really is scary.

------------------
CANADA KICKS ASS

clark.jpg

Originally posted by Zoo Schabow:
I'm not condoning what the fans did, but you've got to admit, NFL referees suck.

I second that.

------------------
~ME THREE

Don't get sentimental
It always ends up drivel

Back
Top Bottom