Classical Music...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GibsonGirl

ONE love, blood, life
Am I the lone classical music lover here at Interference? Or are there more of you out there who are just too scared to admit it? If you are the latter, say it loud and proud - I LOVE CLASSICAL MUSIC!

As far as my preferences go, I adore Beethoven ("Pathetique" :drool:..."Symphony No. 9" :drool:), Shostakovich, Chopin, and Stravinsky.

I'm not much into Bach, Vivaldi, and similar composers. :| I like the dark and stormy type.

I guess no one likes classical music. At least no one online at the current moment. :wink:

You don't know what you're missing, people!

UnforgettableLemon said:
Wagner, Tchaikovsky, Beethoven

Finally! I knew I couldn't be the only one.

Excellent choices! Though I must say, I never quite fell head-over-heels for Wagner... Tchaikovsky's good, and Beethoven, of course!

Niamh_Saoirse said:
I love Rossini, Verdi,Pucinni,Strauss.....

I usually listen to this kind of music before going to sleep. It's very relaxing.

Oh good, another one! :D

Strauss'll put anyone to sleep. :wink: Hehe, I don't mind him too much though. I find that the more relaxing composers are better for studying and reading. I once tried to study for a chemistry test while listening to "The Rite of Spring"...let's just say it wasn't a good idea. :|

shostakovich, rachmaninov, chopin.

the soundtrack from 'the red violin' and 'the pianist'

my absolute favourite piece is beethoven's 'moonlight sonata'. it's haunting and powerful, gives me chills.

dandy said:
my absolute favourite piece is beethoven's 'moonlight sonata'. it's haunting and powerful, gives me chills.

Oh yes... :drool: The first movement is amazing. And the third movement...just wow. If I could play even one quarter of the third movement, I could die a happy woman.

Beethoven, Mozart, Vivaldi, Bizet, Wagner...

I like classical music :up:

ps. I have a Moonlight Sonata version by a japanese guitar player (Hide [R.I.P.] from X-Japan) and it's amazing...

I like all sorts, though I tend to lean towards romantic/post-romantic music. I was a piano major in college so I tend to lean towards composers who wrote lots of piano music, too. Bach, Beethoven, Brahms, Chopin, Debussy, Ravel, Liszt, Schubert, Scriabin, Shostakovich and Rachmaninoff are my favorites to listen to and play, but I also love some of the big orchestral work from Berlioz, Mahler, Copland, Barber and Prokofiev. Billy Joel is writing classical music now, too - his solo piano stuff is actually quite nice. I've got to be in the mood for opera, but I like Puccini and Verdi.

Probably my favorite orchestral piece is the second movement to Beethovens 7th symphony. One of the most perfect pieces of music ever written. :drool:

I go through phases sometimes I will turn on classical music in my car. I would really like to develop a greater appreciation for it. Sometimes, I think that I don't have enough patience, as I always want to rock. But I am not ruling it out. One day I may like it.

Back
Top Bottom