Clash Of The Titans!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow.... CotT. I remember one of my middle school teachers showing this in class when we were studying Greek mythology. I used to be so into it & could tell who was who's father, who'd slept with what creature to bear which god, etc. :laugh:

I'd do good these days to remember what each god was the god of! :uhoh: :ohmy:

In the movie Once Upon A Time In Mexico, Johnny Depp uses an old Clash of the Titans lunch pail for delivering money in. :giggle:

I'm mostly disappointed in how Hollywood has developed since say around the 60s and prior, but I think historical/fantasy epics are one genre that can definitely be improved on as technology becomes more advanced (kind of contradictory to my last post) and we gain more knowledge of the past (yes, I think Hollywood epics should be more historically accurate - it usually doesn't sacrifice the entertainment value as far as I'm concerned). I really want to see the new Troy Director's Cut, and I wasn't even a big fan of the original.

I'd do good these days to remember what each god was the god of!

Just talk to me sometime if you want... I love Greek myths and history. :wink:

BonoFox1 said:
:hmm: need to look into this :)

BonoFox1, you've probably seen some of these and didn't know they were Harryhausen. So here's a few you may want to look into again:

Jason & the Argonauts
Mysterious Island
Beast from 20,000 Fathoms (the inspiration for the original Godzilla)
20 Million Miles to Earth
Earth vs. the Flying Saucers
Valley of the Gwangi
Golden Voyage of Sinbad
original Mighty Joe Young (Mr. Joseph Young of Africa) :)

:wink:

hardyharhar said:

BonoFox1, you've probably seen some of these and didn't know they were Harryhausen. So here's a few you may want to look into again:

Jason & the Argonauts
Mysterious Island
Valley of the Gwangi
Golden Voyage of Sinbad

:ohmy: OH OK!!! lets see Ive seen Golden Voyage of Sinbad and I KNOW I have Mighty Joe Young (original b/w) on vhs somewhere in my movie library....Thank you Hardy!!:wave:

db71_1.JPG

hardyharhar said:

Jason & the Argonauts
Mysterious Island
Valley of the Gwangi
Golden Voyage of Sinbad

I saw probably half of those. Mysterious Island was pretty cool, and Gwangi was totally badass.

Loved Clash of the Titans. I remember when it was released to HBO they showed it like 25 times a week. Fantastic.

When I was younger I remember seeing a double feature of Clash of the Titans & Raiders of the Lost Ark when they both came out.

It was awesome, to say the least.

CTU2fan said:

I saw probably half of those. Mysterious Island was pretty cool, and Gwangi was totally badass.

Loved Clash of the Titans. I remember when it was released to HBO they showed it like 25 times a week. Fantastic.

That movie stayed in my childhood memories!! I really need to rent it/buy it and see it soon :)

We always had to watch it whenever it was on when I was little since it's one of my mom's favorite movies.

My professor last year showed it to us in class. I was excited that she was showing it but everyone else just groaned. Shame on them!

Back
Top Bottom