clash london calling re-issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah, and some DVD footage, according to the article posted in the older thread about this. :up: i can't wait.

HEY! wait a second...i heard september 21st release date.

...and since we're bringing up this whole Clash re-release thing again.......should I get the NME Originals or 2 issues of uncut legends (i guess the 2 uncut ones are just the same with different covers) ...even though i will eventually end up getting both!!

I was just listening to London Calling yesterday, or was it the day before, while I was motoring happily through the Oregon Outback. I was thinking about what a perfect record it was, with just a song or two to avoid if one was impatient that day. In fact, look for a London Calling song poll in the next day or two.

Anyway, I'm sure that the bonus tracks will be exciting, but I continue to have doubts about adding tracks to reissues. Bands work very hard to achieve balance with albums; they select the songs carefully, and order them so the record flows. I hope that the bonus tracks are on a separate cd, so newcomers to this exceptional album can hear it the way the band intended at least once through.

i like sandinista. well, not everything on it...but i really like that album.

Alright here's the (Unconfirmed) track listing for the Vanilla Tapes CD on the upcoming 25th anniversary edition of London Calling:

1. HATEFUL (instrumental version)
2. RUDIE CAN'T FAIL
3. PAUL'S TUNE (early instrumental GUNS OF BRIXTON)
4. I'M NOT DOWN
6. 4 HORSEMEN
7. KOKA KOLA
8. DEATH AND GLORY
9. LOVERS ROCK
10. LONESOME ME
11. THE POLICE WALKIN'
12. LOST IN THE SUPERMARKE
13. UP-TOON (instrumental version of RIGHT PROFILE)
14. WALKIN' THE SLIDEWALK
15. WHERE YOU GONNA GO (SOWETO)?
16. THE MAN IN ME
17. REMOTE CONTROL
18. WORKING AND WAITING (an early, instrumental CLAMPDOWN)
19. HEART AND MIND
20. BRAND NEW CADILLAC
21. LONDON CALLING
22. REVOLUTION ROCK

Sounds good to me!! :D

Tonight I finally got the chance to watch the Clash documentary I taped off the Trio channel last week. It really whetted my appetite for this whole London Calling reissue thing.

Last edited:
Bono's shades said:
Tonight I finally got the chance to watch the Clash documentary I taped off the Trio channel last week. It really whetted my appetite for this whole London Calling reissue thing.

oooh

do tell me about this.

IWasBored said:

oooh

do tell me about this.

It was mainly interviews with the band members. It must have been filmed sometime before Joe died. There's some concert footage, but they only played snippets of songs. That was the only drawback.

I have two VCRs so I could make a copy and send it to you if you like.

Back
Top Bottom