Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - overrated or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
I'm going to say that they are, but modestly so. The debut is good, but nothing special. It has a clutch of great songs, but I just can't seem to get into the singer's voice (he sounds like Thom Yorke, except whinier, which apparently is possible). Haven't gotten into Some Loud Thunder yet, but the production is cool. :shrug:

Overrated by who? Pitchfork?

I haven't heard anyone talk these guys before, but my non-indietastic friends hate 'em, indietastic friends love 'em, so they truly are close to unrated.

1st album--Slanted & Enchanted of the 00's.

2nd album--CRAP.

I don't know if that makes them under or overrated. But you're sure as hell not hearing as much about them as you used to.

Based on the hype I've heard and read about them, yes. Yes, they are extremely overrated.

I do love the band name though.

It's not just a statement, but a command.

They need to cover "Everybody Dance Now"

:lmao: If any thread deserves 5 stars, it's this one.

(Or the DI3 heat thread above involving an indietastic late night bar fight)

LemonMacPhisto said:
I do love the band name though.

It's not just a statement, but a command.

They need to cover "Everybody Dance Now"

:lmao: I think the band name sucks, but I absolutely agree on the need for them to cover Everybody Dance Now.

And goodness, would it kill them to find someone whose vocals do not rupture my eardrums?

Axver said:

And goodness, would it kill them to find someone whose vocals do not rupture my eardrums?

:up: For once, we agree. Alec Ounsworth, or whatever the hell his pitchfork fanclub codename is, has the vocal qualities of a busted lawnmower.

LemonMelon said:
:lmao: If any thread deserves 5 stars, it's this one.

If Dalton's supposed to be Swayze, why isn't he in there?

LemonMelon said:

Shit, if I'd known that was a bar fight, I'd have broken a bottle of beer on the bar and waved the jagged end around in someone's face!

I feel so cheated. :grumpy:

corianderstem said:

Shit, if I'd known that was a bar fight, I'd have broken a bottle of beer on the bar and waved the jagged end around in someone's face!

I feel so cheated. :grumpy:

Oh, but it's an "indietastic" bar fight. Instead of cutting each other with broken bottles, we throw coffee mugs and broken vinyl records at one another. :up:

Yup. We can also burn one other with spliffs and discuss the greater issues of the day, such as the erratic nature of the sun's surface. :sick:

LemonMelon said:

:up: For once, we agree. Alec Ounsworth, or whatever the hell his pitchfork fanclub codename is, has the vocal qualities of a busted lawnmower.

Aww, now we're back to disagreeing. :( Ounsworth does not have the vocal qualities of a busted lawnmower - he has the vocal qualities of a busted lawnmower remixed to include nails on a chalkboard! And the end product sounds like it's being played through a fan.

Back
Top Bottom