Clap Your Hands Say Yeah!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jack In The Box

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I had been interested on this band since I read this:
http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/recor...hands-say-yeah/clap-your-hands-say-yeah.shtml

finally I got their self-titled debut album (thanks to a friend, I have to say), and it's... uh, interesting and funny

it has some of Modest Mouse and Arcade Fire even Neutral Milk Hotel, but not too much, they have their own sound

it's a good album, yup :up:

for some mp3s and more info:
http://clapyourhandssayyeah.com/shows.php
http://search.insound.com/search/re... Your Hands Say Yeah Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

so, clap your hands and say yeah... now!

Last edited:
oh, c'mon, so I will re-title this thread "I hate Clap Your Hands Say Yeah"

Jack In The Box said:
oh, c'mon, so I will re-title this thread "I hate Clap Your Hands Say Yeah"

Now that might get some response!

that 'over & over again (lost & found)' song is really good.

thanks, JintheB! :up:

It's good
I can get behind it..if you know what IU'm saying

I hear some Velvet Underground and talking heads in there

not bad...maybe not deserving of all the hype

time will tell

:bump:

I haven't heard their entire album, but I will be purchasing it... I just heard a couple of their songs at my friend's house & loved it, especially "over and over again" :drool: I also heard some Talking Heads influence in there.

So yeah, I'm bumping this thread because I felt like my initial exposure to "clap your hands say yeah!" was deserving of it.

I give in. I'm downloading it right now.

Which means I have this and Wolf Parade to get acquainted with this weekend.

inmyplace13 said:
I give in. I'm downloading it right now.

Which means I have this and Wolf Parade to get acquainted with this weekend.
:drool:

that sounds like an AWESOME weekend.

That does sound like an awesome weekend. Make sure you listen to Dear Sons And Daughters Of Hungry Ghosts a few times, imp13.

Upon This Tidal Wave of Young Blood :drool:

CHILD STARS!
CHILD STARS!
CHILD STARS!
CHILD STARS!

I remember watching them on Conan some time ago, mildly interesting, heard the rest of their stuff and decided it wasn't much different than the rest of the current indie trend...I clap my hands and say no thanks..
:whistle:

ah, this is old, one of my very few threads

I still enjoy CYHSY! more than Wolf Parade, I like Wolf Parade but... I dunno...

I still enjoy the album with surprising regularity. It has withstood the test of (some) time quite well.

I hate Wolf Parade.

I like Clap Your Hands Say Yeah.

I am me.

I'm the opposite, If you shout...

Well, actually, I don't hate Clap Your Hands Say Yeah or anything, but I like them less than I like Wolf Parade.

GibsonGirl said:
Well, actually, I don't hate Clap Your Hands Say Yeah or anything, but I like them less than I like Wolf Parade.

Totally. Fuck´em.

I just figured I want to hear you play guitar!

I didn't really get a chance to listen to Wolf Parade yet, but a lot of that is because I've been spinning the CYHSY record so much. I'm really enjoying it. I can't say it's the best record I've got into lately (mostly because I got into Broken Social Scene and My Morning Jacket recently) but it's still a really good record.

Thanks to whoever bumped this thread, because I probably wouldn't be listening to the record had the bump not reminded me.

Back
Top Bottom