Clampdown or Death or Glory?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pick one. They're both fucking great songs.

• Clampdown

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Death or Glory

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters
Damn woman :wink:

I've gotta go with clampdown though...always been one of my favs from the album.

:drool: death or glory :drool:

i love clampdown. but death or glory is perfect.

I said Death or Glory. Both are awesome and I love them, but my first instinct was just Death or Glory.

This. IS. NOT. Fair.

Death or Glory is my favorite Clash song. Clampdown is pretty much tied.

Death or Glory contains one of the best lyrics ever: "he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

Clampdown has one of the best lyrics ever: "Let fury have the hour, anger can be power, know that you can use it."

Um...

Death or Glory. Dammit.

UnforgettableLemon said:
I ate them.

You know, I was watching something on the National Geographic Channel last night that suggested humans might once have regularly practiced cannibalism, based on a study conducted on the Fore tribe in Papua New Guinea. The vast majority of the world's population contains a specific type of gene that protects oneself from developing a disease that comes due to practicing cannibalism. This disease is similar to BSE. Cannibals in the Fore tribe that didn't have this gene developed the disease nearly 100% of the time, while those that did have it, didn't. So why does much of the world's population have this particular gene? The scientists who did work on this suspect this fact came as a result of natural selection. So humans may have, at one point in time, been cannibals.

Just some food for thought. :wink: Now, er, back to The Clash...

YOU GROW UP AND YOU CALM DOWN, YOU'RE WORKING FOR THE CLAMPDOWN! :rockon:

what the? clampdown is a much better song, it should be winning easily

the people who voted for death or glory just like it because it talks about fucking nuns. i knew it, you're all just a bunch of nun-fuckers, the whole lot of you!!

martha said:
13 votes

Still not enough.

Is everyone off listening to their Josh Groban cds? :mad:

Speaking of which, I know a certain person on this board (who will remain nameless) who has owned the London Calling album for about a year and has not even once listened to it!!!! Sometimes I lie awake at night and cry about this fact. It's so sad. SO sad. This Oklahoman, who presently lives in Phoenix, will remain nameless.....

:mad: :angry: :scream: :grumpy: :tsk: :yell:

:wink:

Last edited:
u2popmofo said:

Speaking of which, I know a certain person on this board (who will remain nameless) who has owned the London Calling album for about a year and has not even once listened to it!!!! Sometimes I lie awake at night and cry about this fact. It's so sad. SO sad. This Oklahoman who presently lives in Phoenix will remain nameless.....

:mad: :angry: :scream: :grumpy: :tsk: :yell:

:wink:

:shocked:

:shame:

Back
Top Bottom