City Of Fullerton Demands That SLAYER Bus Benches Be Removed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bunbury

Refugee
The city of Fullerton, California has demanded that the SLAYER artwork be removed immediately from the 17 SLAYER bus benches scattered throughout the city. The bus benches, which "went up" over this past weekend, are promoting SLAYER's new album, "Christ Illusion". This past Monday (July 31), the city officials called the company that the band's record label (American) hired to put the ads in place, demanding that they remove the SLAYER ad/artwork, reportedly because they did not like the name of the band, which they feel refers to a murderer. They are also apparently offended by the antichrist and skull logo on the bench artwork.

When Slayer still freaks out parents and local government that means they still have it even after 20 years. :yes:

1. That's pretty funny.

2. Where the hell have you been?!

3. What do you think of the new Katatonia album? My friend tells me I should get it as it's his favorite metal album of the year, I haven't heard anything from it.

4. Mastodon has a new album coming out and I am excited.

5. Start posting here more.

6. I'm still pissed about Nightwish.

7. Have you heard Sunn 0)))'s "new" album, Black One? I've heard it's good, but I've yet again never heard anything by them.

8. That is all.

1. yes it is, I seen the posters in L.A.

2. Got new computer, got lazy to log on again since I had to locate my password. Yea lazy.

3. I've heard one song My Twin sounds promising besides that I haven't listen to the whole thing yet. I do know they will FINALLY tour the US in November, I'm excited about that.

4. Mastodon are cool looking forward to it. (Check out Agalloch for more cool/original American metal :wink:)

5. I will.

6. Me too, WTF was Toumas thinking? No way he can replace Tarja. I need to get the concert DVD the night before she got fired.

7. Sunn? What's up with that? They cool? I'll check it out.

8. Ditto :wink:

Bunbury said:

When Slayer still freaks out parents and local government that means they still have it even after 20 years. :yes:

:up:

although my friend said Lamb Of God kicked Slayer's a$$ at the recent S.Calif. show... and they have a new album due out later this month as well...

ETA:
slayer_bench.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Re: City Of Fullerton Demands That SLAYER Bus Benches Be Removed

Lila64 said:

:up:

although my friend said Lamb Of God kicked Slayer's a$$ at the recent S.Calif. show... and they have a new album due out later this month as well...

ETA:
slayer_bench.jpg

That's got to be the ugliest fucking bus bench I've ever seen.

All 17 of the SLAYER "Christ Illusion" bus benches scattered through the city of Fullerton, CA have been eliminated. "We were told that the city was getting so much attention through the press and online exposure, they just flat-out removed them," reads a statement from the band's publicist. "However, lots of Orange County, CA areas surrounding Fullerton where the benches still sit proud, sporting the cover art for SLAYER's 'Christ Illusion' album, due out tomorrow [August 8]." The locations of those benches are below:

Brea and Rolling Hills
Brookhurst and Commonwealth
Chapman and Ladera Vista
Commonwealth and Magnolia
Commonwealth and State College
Euclid and Commonwealth
Euclid and Fern
Commonwealth and Euclid
Imperial and Harbor
Imperial and Palm
Harbor and Bastanchury
Malvern and Adlena